Post-Game Talk: #65 | FLYERS at Avalanche | Friday, Mar. 25, 2022 | 9:00 pm ET | ALT, NBCSP

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Yeah, MacEwen and NAK are exactly the same if you ignore the fact that one player produces at twice the pace offensively. I'll let you guess which one is wearing a Flyers uniform.

Yay for try-hard though. The fantasy camp guys are really bringing it!
NAK has been steadily going downhill the longer he's on Colorado, the honeymoon is over.
He's a scrub, more offensive skills than MacEwen, but negates them with his overall play.
If you start either one, you lack depth.

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
NAK has been steadily going downhill the longer he's on Colorado, the honeymoon is over.
He's a scrub, more offensive skills than MacEwen, but negates them with his overall play.
If you start either one, you lack depth.
So better at the biggest factor to winning games? Got it.

MacEwen is better at being a low event non-contributor. Glad we're on the same page.

FanForLife

Oct 27, 2018
Winnipeg
You're right. The Avs are forced to play players like NAK, who is their version of MacEwen.

The Flyers had no legs, that was obvious, which is going to be a problem against the fastest team in the league.
They could have easily given up, instead they fought back to 5-3 and were pushing for that 4th goal before Makar sealed the deal.

I don't expect them to win games like this, while Hart was good, he wasn't great, a lot of the shots were from a distance.
I've seen "lights out" performances from him, this wasn't one of them.

The three things I want to see
1) JVR and Atkinson pot goals and improve their trade value for the summer
2) TK, Frost, Provorov and Sanheim take charge and make this their team
3) The bottom feeders show enough to stash them in LHV next year for depth, I rather have Brown than Bunnaman as an injury call-up, and if Allison is starting next year, I want Hodgson ready to play 40 games.

So far, I've seen all three since the TDL. That's all I expect for the rest of the season, along with the college kids getting a taste of the NHL.
Don't get the "trade Atkinson"...unless its like a %100 total tear down. He's probably their most dynamic player.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Such bad analysis.

Ah yes playing the better player is such a bad idea.
Don't think you realize how fast NAK fell off the cliff.

Last 20 games for the AVs: 1-1 2; xGF 44.94%, xGFrel -10.22
McEwen's last 20 games for the Flyers: 1-2 3; xGF 43.71%, xGFrel +0.49

Don't know what happened to NAK, but he's fallen as low as you can (the MacEwen line).

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Don't get the "trade Atkinson"...unless its like a %100 total tear down. He's probably their most dynamic player.
He'll be 33, can't count on him playing like this indefinitely, and outside of scoring goals, he's limited other than on the PK.
With TK, Brink, Tippett, Allison, Hodgson, and Foerster, Wisdom, McClennon in LHV, it's probably the strongest position on the team.

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013
Don't think you realize how fast NAK fell off the cliff.

Last 20 games for the AVs: 1-1 2; xGF 44.94%, xGFrel -10.22
McEwen's last 20 games for the Flyers: 1-2 3; xGF 43.71%, xGFrel +0.49

Don't know what happened to NAK, but he's fallen as low as you can (the MacEwen line).

You seem like the guy who just uses statistics for the sake of an argument. How many games have you watched NAK for the Avs? Hockey is not so simple that you can just pick the statistics you want to justify your point. The events don't just occur as a singular instance.

Since you love to compare these players and talk about the boneheadedness of NAK... how many penalty minutes does each player have in those 20 games? Heck let's even use plus/minus while we are at it because we both know neither of those players should be out there for an empty net against them.

NAK is a far superior player to MacEwen so if the statistics are telling you the opposite of what you would actually expect... something is up.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad