Post-Game Talk: #65 | FLYERS at Avalanche | Friday, Mar. 25, 2022 | 9:00 pm ET | ALT, NBCSP

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
source.gif

Last edited:

macleish1974

Crash.....Heart of a Lion
Aug 2, 2005
Florida Swampland
The Avs sucked for a decade while the Flyers didn’t or so I’m told.

Also Sakic is lucky and Fletcher is sabotaged.

Does it really matter HC? If we get lucky at Savoie or Cooley.........we are still 5 players away from being average compared to Colorado,

There is a huge difference from bottom feeder to almost making the playoffs and an even larger difference to making the Conference final from being a bubble team. Each of the steps take 3-4 players, so in the Flyers case they need 6-8 top end talents to get to the promise land.

And Attard, Brink and Cates are not 3-4 of those players for even the first step.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Does it really matter HC? If we get lucky at Savoie or Cooley.........we are still 5 players away from being average compared to Colorado,

There is a huge difference from bottom feeder to almost making the playoffs and an even larger difference to making the Conference final from being a bubble team. Each of the steps take 3-4 players, so in the Flyers case they need 6-8 top end talents to get to the promise land.

And Attard, Brink and Cates are not 3-4 of those players for even the first step.
Oh. I am being 110% sarcastic in the vast majority of my posts. I’m mocking stances that people have taken regarding these two teams.

It’s the only way I can cope with it.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Actually, I got to credit the Flyers for not giving up after falling behind.
Colorado has won 80% of their home games the past two years, and the Flyers played the night before, then flew into Denver, even a good team would struggle in that situation.
And this group is scraping the bottom of the barrel, from the team that started the season, they're missing, Couts, G, TK, Laughton, Brassard, Ellis and Braun.

Hodgson is looking like a real player, given he has played a total of 85 AHL games, half of those were four years ago, so he's not used to AHL speed, much less NHL speed.

Tippett has some nice wheels, he's got the entire package, question is whether he can put it together. But the raw physical talent is there.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Actually, I got to credit the Flyers for not giving up after falling behind.
Colorado has won 80% of their home games the past two years, and the Flyers played the night before, then flew into Denver, even a good team would struggle in that situation.
And this group is scraping the bottom of the barrel, from the team that started the season, they're missing, Couts, G, TK, Laughton, Brassard, Ellis and Braun.

Hodgson is looking like a real player, given he has played a total of 85 AHL games, half of those were four years ago, so he's not used to AHL speed, much less NHL speed.

Tippett has some nice wheels, he's got the entire package, question is whether he can put it together. But the raw physical talent is there.
They allowed fifty shots in a sixty minute game for the second time this season against the Avs. Carter Hart was the only reason the Avs didn’t score 8+ goals. Stop putting lipstick on a pig. They played awful. If you want to hang your hat on this type of effort, go for it.

Oh no, the Flyers are missing players! The Avs are missing Landeskog and 1/2 of their defensive group.

prototypical4thliner

Jan 12, 2017
They allowed fifty shots in a sixty minute game for the second time this season against the Avs. Carter Hart was the only reason the Avs didn’t score 8+ goals. Stop putting lipstick on a pig. They played awful. If you want to hang your hat on this type of effort, go for it.

Oh no, the Flyers are missing players! The Avs are missing Landeskog and 1/2 of their defensive group.
This is a more reasonable way to look at things.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014

You're right. The Avs are forced to play players like NAK, who is their version of MacEwen.

The Flyers had no legs, that was obvious, which is going to be a problem against the fastest team in the league.
They could have easily given up, instead they fought back to 5-3 and were pushing for that 4th goal before Makar sealed the deal.

I don't expect them to win games like this, while Hart was good, he wasn't great, a lot of the shots were from a distance.
I've seen "lights out" performances from him, this wasn't one of them.

The three things I want to see
1) JVR and Atkinson pot goals and improve their trade value for the summer
2) TK, Frost, Provorov and Sanheim take charge and make this their team
3) The bottom feeders show enough to stash them in LHV next year for depth, I rather have Brown than Bunnaman as an injury call-up, and if Allison is starting next year, I want Hodgson ready to play 40 games.

So far, I've seen all three since the TDL. That's all I expect for the rest of the season, along with the college kids getting a taste of the NHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad