GDT: #64 - SABRES at LIGHTNING – TUE MAR 3 @ 7:30PM ET – NBCSN – WGR

mikemcburn

Oct 23, 2013
OMG! I woke up to Christmas - Hodgson promoted to the 3rd line! :eek:

And gee, all it took was half of the other forwards to be either injured (McCormick, Kaleta, Girgensens) or altogether gone in a poof (Mitchell, Stewart, Flynn)!

Seriously though, it'd be nice if Nolan got over himself. A month of hockey left and nothing to play for but personal/professional respect and maybe a shot at showing what one might be worth to the club next season - Nolan would be the better man if he let up on the kid and gave him half a chance to play out the month with some dignity, maybe even rebuild confidence.

ZeroPT*

I don't hate Nolan as much as some here do. I don't think he's a good coach but I have a lot if respect for him and he has helped this franchise no matter what people say. He was a huge part of Myers resurgence and I'll always thank him for that

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
I don't hate Nolan as much as some here do. I don't think he's a good coach but I have a lot if respect for him and he has helped this franchise no matter what people say. He was a huge part of Myers resurgence and I'll always thank him for that

I generally agree with this sentiment.

I hate that him and Murray are so far away from being on that same page that the whole world can tell

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
I generally agree with this sentiment.

I hate that him and Murray are so far away from being on that same page that the whole world can tell

I don't hate it.

I would question a head coach that was lying down. Nolan obviously isn't doing that.

Given what Nolan has had to work with this go around, I hope he gets at least half of next season to coach an improved roster.

mikemcburn

Oct 23, 2013
I'd just like to know how Nolan truly, as in honestly deep down, rationalizes the whole Hodgson thing. Oh, and I'm equally curious what Hodgson thinks of Nolan's awesome reflection that the trade deadline deals has left guys feeling "disheartened".

I feel for Nolan, really, he seems like a guy stuck in an impossible situation with management/ownership background political playing. But he's done essentially the same thing to Hodgson, putting him into a no-win scenario with his future on the line.

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
I don't hate it.

I would question a head coach that was lying down. Nolan obviously isn't doing that.

Given what Nolan has had to work with this go around, I hope he gets at least half of next season to coach an improved roster.

It's not about tanking or lying down. It's about call ups, roster moves, trades. Murray subtly digging at Nolan's lineup decisions. Nolan complaining about not having Pysyk. They're not not on the same page at all and not a "team" in any sense of the word.

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
Also, I really can't hate these lines too much. I just fish Hodgson was on the top line. He's played his way out of the doghouse, why not see what he can do with Ennis and Moulson?

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
Building off the lines he has, a slight week would make them look as good as possible, IMO. Bump Hodgson to #1 center, put Varone between D'Amigo and Dalpe as an AHL skill line, and let Des, Ellis, and Schaller be a traditional 4th line, something they could actually do well. That's at least give us a "#1 line," a defense first line that could take all the dzone starts, a third scoring line that can chip in against easier matchups, and a genuinely good 4th line.

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
I'm traveling for work this week, in WNY, with a rare chance to watch a game tonight, so I will be pleased to do so. Will definitely need a lineup card, though.

I expected Lindback would get the start against his former team, in an arena he's practiced and played in. Makes tons of sense, even moreso with "OchoTanko" just arriving.

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
LINDBACK, D'AMIGO TO DEBUT FOR BUFFALO AGAINST LIGHTNING
By Chris Ryndak - Sabres.com

PROJECTED LINEUP

26 Matt Moulson – 84 Philip Varone – 63 Tyler Ennis
82 Marcus Foligno – 22 Johan Larsson – 12 Brian Gionta
44 Nicolas Deslauriers – 59 Tim Schaller – 19 Cody Hodgson
49 Jerry D’Amigo – 37 Matt Ellis – 20 Zac Dalpe

61 Andre Benoit – 47 Zach Bogosian
51 Nikita Zadorov – 41 Andrej Meszaros
6 Mike Weber – 55 Rasmus Ristolainen

35 Anders Lindback
33 Chad Johnson

Scratched: 24 Tyson Strachan, 25 Mikhail Grigorenko
Injured Reserve: 4 Josh Gorges (lower body), 8 Cody McCormick (blood clots), 9 Evander Kane (shoulder), 28 Zemgus Girgensons (lower body), 36 Patrick Kaleta (lower body)

Bolts GameDay vs. Sabres

mikemcburn

Oct 23, 2013
Building off the lines he has, a slight tweek would make them look as good as possible, IMO. Bump Hodgson to #1 center, put Varone between D'Amigo and Dalpe as an AHL skill line, and let Des, Ellis, and Schaller be a traditional 4th line, something they could actually do well. That's at least give us a "#1 line," a defense first line that could take all the dzone starts, a third scoring line that can chip in against easier matchups, and a genuinely good 4th line.

This sounds far too rational.

And frankly, the tweaks you refer to are so obvious that it becomes equally obvious Nolan's issue with Hodgson is wholly irrational. His professionalism has been compromised.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY

It's hard to disagree that this and some of the other interviews were very disrespectful. I don't think the TSN guys meant any harm by it because it's hard to avoid the subject, it's a hard subject to broach tactfully, and they've been sitting there for 10 hours yukking up dead space.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad