Post-Game Talk: #64| Flames at FLYERS | Tue., Mar. 3, 2015

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
I know it has happened more than once where the Monarchs had to use a guy off the street as a backup goalie when one of the goalies were injured the previous night and they couldn't get another goalie up from the ECHL up in time. Believe it happened last year just don't remember the guys name.
Back in the early days of the Monarchs they had to use an assistant coach(Bobby Jay) when they were so racked with injuries and callups to the Kings.

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Lol. I lived in Jacksonville when he was playing for the illustrious Jacksonville Lizard Kings from 1997-1999. I may have even seen him play without knowing who he was. The ECHL was horrific hockey back then.

I did a detail in 2000 in Jax...a coworker took me to an ECHL game and it was terrible ..lol. I am guessing it was the Lizard Kings but I guess Daubenspeck was gone by that year. Lots of guessing bc it was such a forgetful experience...

bb12

Aug 21, 2014
USA
The team has no heart. The players all do we know this weve seen it. The team does not. Hence our lovely coach. ill harp on it again and agin. You dont put a makeshift powerplay out there with a minute and a half left in the period down 2. Thats your opportunity to utilize a top 5 powerplay in the league for the entire 2 minutes if necessary. But no lets put that thing that he made out there.

He has lost this team and the end of the season cant come fast enough before too much damage is done. Lavi got fired because it was the worst preseason with no heart or hussle. WHAT THE &%$# DO YOU CALL THIS

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
More about the goal/no goal. Seems contradictory in that it was reported and seen as a called goal on ice. Now Walkom is claiming the ref ruled it initially as a no-goal.

"That's the game-tying goal in our biggest game of the season," Voracek vented during his post-game interview. "I mean, it's a goal. I don't know how in today's hockey how they can't review that goal from the video or do something. That's the biggest goal of the season right there. It was disallowed. I have no idea why."

One official initially signaled good goal, then all four huddled for about a minute and decided to disallow it. In announcing the call, referee Chris Rooney's only explanation was that the play was not reviewable.

Source: Randy Miller

http://www.nj.com/flyers/index.ssf/2015/03/flyers_jakub_voracek_fuming_over_disallowed_goal_s.html

------------------

Afterwards a pool reporter asked Stephen Walkom, the NHL director of officiating, why the play was ruled no goal due to incidental contact and was unreviewable. Here was his response in a phone interview.

“That (incidental contact/no goal) is one of the things we’ve been doing a little more this year. I would say it’s happened 20 or 30 times. . .

“(Referee) Chris (Rooney)made a call of no goal. They (on-ice officials) met, contacted someone here, probably Chris King, and he told them it’s not a reviewable play. . .incidental contact.

Source: Marc Narducci

Read more at http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/...s-on-disallowed-goal.html#qubthI0CM0I6M0LT.99

dingbathero

No Jam? How about PB
Jul 14, 2010
St. John's, NL
That call that was over turned on the ice as a no-goal is HORSE ****!

I have watched that about 30 times in slo-mo - that was def. a good goal and two players were pushing on Shultz. Then as the puck is in the net the Ref skating behing CLEARY points to the bottom of the net to say GOOD goal.

****ing brutal.

The way I see it, it wasn't much different than the Striet goal. He was also pushed in but his stick/body made contact on with the puck before he made contact with the goalie (which happened b/c of an opposing player).

Bad bad bad call.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad