GDT: #63 - SABRES at PANTHERS – SAT FEB 28@3:00PM ET – MSG-B,BELL TV – WGR - MOD: post #13

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
He had 7 of his 17 points that year as a Sabre in the final month before the deadline but okay lmao
GMs and scouts know what these players are. A few games is not changing their opinion.

Sam Gagner scored like 13 points in a games and was basically traded for nothing. Why didn't Pittsburgh offer up Crosby?

mikemcburn

Oct 23, 2013
So now that I'm awake enough to realize who was in on both the Sabres goals in his first two shifts of the game, I've a prediction too - one of two things will happen post-game -

If the line Hodgson is allowed to be on the ice in the 3rd period and happens to stumble with their cold feet, Nolan's post-game presser will include a comment that infers his "fatherly disappointment" is directly squarely at Hodgson.

If the line is either not allowed on the ice or doesn't stumble, when asked about Hodgson post-game, Nolan will yet again say something along the lines of "yeah, I thought he played really well, that was his best game so far" (cuz he's never said that before, just prior to scratching the kid entirely for a bad shift ;) as if to infer Hodgson hasn't been playing well this last stretch (again!).

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
B-9sAXfVIAAWP0S.jpg

Huge Crowd in Sunrise!

7 11 14

Jan 18, 2014
Buffalo, NY
If this is the last time we're gonna see Neuvirth and Mitchell as Sabres, they're both going out strong. I'd love to bring Neuvy back in July.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
If this is the last time we're gonna see Neuvirth and Mitchell as Sabres, they're both going out strong. I'd love to bring Neuvy back in July.

Agreed. Only worries with Neuvirth are the injuries, but I can overlook that given the other options we have.

gallagt01

Jun 10, 2006
Sloan
Torrey Mitchell would be a great player to resign this year. Always one of the hardest working players on the ice and he has finish.

I'm a Mitchell fan that thinks he should be brought back to anchor the fourth line next year, but you're joking when you say he has "finish," right?

Daz28

Nov 1, 2010
Torrey Mitchell would be a great player to resign this year. Always one of the hardest working players on the ice and he has finish.

I agree with your assessment, but we should target size. We'll have enough skill/go guys next year. We could use some more size with touch guys.

mikemcburn

Oct 23, 2013
Moulson just makes terrible plays way too much

He's done a good job of slipping under Nolan's radar most of the season, gift-wrapped dog house free treatment despite his pathetic defensive game and lack-luster offensive interest. I can only guess he's gotten away with being routinely worse than Larsson, Hodgson, etc. because of inner politics (TM's signing)? Cuz really, Moulson just ain't a Teddy guy. No umph in his game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad