Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
giphy.gif

1678066958940.png
1678066958940.png

Last edited:

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Detroit looked like a team mailing it in, 7 straight seasons missing the playoffs.
On the one hand, hurts the chances of finishing 6th, on the other hand, nice games by a lot of young players who'll start next year.

Deslauriers and Lemieux are not good players, but they're better than VdV, Leier, Brown, MacEwen.

Reactions: Hextallent63

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Are Zamula and Andrae complementary players, or do they need to be separate? (I don't know why I'm asking, just occurred to me.)

@Captain Dave Poulin -- complementary players in the sense of their individual ceilings or complementary as a duo? Yes, to the former; I don't know to the latter, but it's hard to see Jorts pairing guys like that. Both lean offensive, one's short and stocky, the other is tall and lanky -- that's his idea of a comedy duo not a defense pair. It's also hard for me to think about micro level stuff like this when the big picture resembles Guernica. Nick Seeler will be the 3LD because rebuilds need as many fringe veterans as possible, Zamula will eventually go to Russia because he joined the absolute worst organization for his skill-set, and I'm not nearly as high on Andrae as consensus.

Pantokrator

Who's the clown?
Jan 27, 2004
Semmes, Alabama
Detroit looked like a team mailing it in, 7 straight seasons missing the playoffs.
On the one hand, hurts the chances of finishing 6th, on the other hand, nice games by a lot of young players who'll start next year.

Deslauriers and Lemieux are not good players, but they're better than VdV, Leier, Brown, MacEwen.
It is good for the young players who will help us to finish tenth worst next year instead of 9th worst this year.

It is worth our young players getting experience so they can be mediocre 4th liners next year and help us never have a high draft pick or ever being good.

I appreciate you trying to be positive, but I still say it is in the best interests of the club to get the highest pick possible. Every win is 2 points in the wrong direction to make that happen.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
@Captain Dave Poulin -- complementary players in the sense of their individual ceilings or complementary as a duo? Yes, to the former; I don't know to the latter, but it's hard to see Jorts pairing guys like that. Both lean offensive, one's short and stocky, the other is tall and lanky -- that's his idea of a comedy duo not a defense pair. It's also hard for me to think about micro level stuff like this when the big picture resembles Guernica. Nick Seeler will be the 3LD because rebuilds need as many fringe veterans as possible, Zamula will eventually go to Russia because he joined the absolute worst organization for his skill-set, and I'm not nearly as high on Andrae as consensus.

Everything I have ever seen of Andrae also tells me he has joined the worst possible organization for his skillset.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad