Post-Game Talk: #63 | Flyers at Panthers | March 7, 2024 | Flyers win 2-1

Gert B Frobe

Nov 18, 2003
Chester County
Are you negative Nancy's are getting on my nerves. You all need to just chill the f out and learn to enjoy the wins every once in a while. Jeez.
That's what this place is primarily now. Just click on their profile and ignore them. But be careful not to ignore people who post threads you may want to look at. It reduces the douchebaggery, but there will still be some with the time to post pedantic volumes about how stupid this franchise is and accuse you of sucking orange dongs.

Last edited by a moderator:

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
Highlights:

1709871407890.png

Gert B Frobe

Nov 18, 2003
Chester County
Both teams have their number the past few seasons but Boston has toyed with the Flyers the last three or four regular seasons. Something needs to change with that match up.
They own the Leafs too though not as lopsided I don't think. I can kind of understand why with the Leafs with suspect D and goaltending, but the Flyers should be able to squeak out a win once in a while with disciplined play and decent goaltending.

You would think Boston would play occasionally uninspired hockey against the Flyers but they don't, and Pastrnak owns them.

Reactions: Devonator

eaglesfan036

Apr 24, 2016
Selling absolutely made sense but I wish there was an alternative reality where the Flyers bought at the deadline just to see what would happen. Though there is a decent chance the Flyers would trade for shit veterans who would actually make the team worse.

Finally after many years this team is fun to watch. Whatever happens this season is gravy.

eramosat

Dec 19, 2015
Toronto
I checked NaturalStatTrick tonite, because I wanted to see if Ginning and Attard did as well on paper as they did in my mind. Avg play was what I was hoping for.

Attard's stats for shots and xG are pretty positive. But Ginning's are pretty negative? Am I crazy, or didn't they play almost all of their shifts together??

According to the shifts graphic...yes, they were definitely a pair. But they have some time apart, relatively small...hard to see it account for differences like:

xGF: Attard 0.99 Ginning 0.19
SF/SA: Attard 9/7 Ginning 2/9

Does this match up with what any keen observers watched? I remember seeing some discontent with Ginning's play in the chat. Start or end of shifts would have to be pretty crazy for those differences...

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
They own the Leafs too though not as lopsided I don't think. I can kind of understand why with the Leafs with suspect D and goaltending, but the Flyers should be able to squeak out a win once in a while with disciplined play and decent goaltending.

You would think Boston would play occasionally uninspired hockey against the Flyers but they don't, and Pastrnak owns them.
The Flyers are -18 the past seven games against Toronto, all losses.
The Flyers are -17 the past six games against Boston, all losses.
The Flyers have lost 13 of the past 15 against Tampa Bay.
Then there is Carolina, the Rangers and Islanders. more recent columns in red ink.

But there is time this season to eradicate those misfortunes. This is a different season with a different group. One game at a time.

Reactions: Flyer lurker

usahockey22flyers

2 years away from being 2 years away
Nov 9, 2009
Philly
I checked NaturalStatTrick tonite, because I wanted to see if Ginning and Attard did as well on paper as they did in my mind. Avg play was what I was hoping for.

Attard's stats for shots and xG are pretty positive. But Ginning's are pretty negative? Am I crazy, or didn't they play almost all of their shifts together??

According to the shifts graphic...yes, they were definitely a pair. But they have some time apart, relatively small...hard to see it account for differences like:

Does this match up with what any keen observers watched? I remember seeing some discontent with Ginning's play in the chat. Start or end of shifts would have to be pretty crazy for those differences...
Both played really aggressive! Thought Attard was the better of the two, but I appreciate fearless play. Ginning took some legit risks - that’s hard to do without experience at this level.

Did Atkinson play? Deslauriers?

BritainStix

F**k Cutter Gauthier
Oct 20, 2016

Attard genuinely looked like he belonged in the NHL. Ginning was all over the place, he gave up two breakaways and was consistently caught flat footed.

I think there's a real chance that Attard stays with the big club when everyone is fit again.

Reactions: MorgantiDrinksBlood

Ironmanrulez

#nEvErrEbUiLd #nEvErpLaYyOuTh #nEverpLaYsKiLL
Jul 1, 2010
Cologne, Germany
I wanted to watch the game. The flyers sucked in the first. And i start to sleep in the first intermission. Woke up after the flyers goal and decided i need to sleep more. GINNING IS ECHL BOUND

Nothing more to see

I slept well

Thx

ybnvs

Mar 20, 2014
Man post-game threads after wins are so quiet! Going into FLA - the best team in the league, lowest GA, win in the last 20 seconds with an AHL defense. Where is everybody? It's so weird I don't understand it.

Personally I'm tempering any and all excitement for the impending and inevitable let down. It may be next season, but it's coming.

What's to be excited about a 1st round exit, or worse, being on the outside of the f***ing bubble looking in?

"The young guys will get experience!"

That doesn't do it for me. Not one bit.

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
That's what this place is primarily now. Just click on their profile and ignore them. But be careful not to ignore people who post threads you may want to look at. It reduces the douchebaggery, but there will still be some with the time to post pedantic volumes about how stupid this franchise is and accuse you of sucking orange dongs.

pretty-bird-gif.gif
I kid brother. Highlights seem like was a fun game. Good for the boys.

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
I only caught the third but the Flyers controlled a lot of the play and Florida looked surprisingly sloppy.

Even though I'm not optimistic about the team's future, it's hard to not feel some excitement when your favorite team puts a dagger in the top team in the league with 21 seconds left.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad