GDT: #63| Bluejackets @ Pens| Tue, March 7 2023 7:00 PM EST @PPG| Can I Play With Tuesday Madness Lineup Decisions?

Will Nylander get more than 5 minutes

• Yes.

Votes: 7 28.0%
  • No.

Votes: 18 72.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
:cbj20-37-6 VS. 31-22-9:pens
GAME CENTER | GAME PREVIEW

CAN I PLAY WITH MADNESS
TdZcKGL.gif

:pens

Penguins projected lineup

Pens will go with 11 Forwards and 7 D-men

Jake Guentzel -- Sidney Crosby -- Rickard Rakell

Jason Zucker -- Evgeni Malkin -- Danton Heinen

Drew O'Connor -- Jeff Carter -- Alex Nylander

-- Nick Bonino -- Josh Archibald

Brian Dumoulin -- Kris Letang

Marcus Pettersson -- Jeff Petry

Dmitry Kulikov -- Jan Rutta

Pierre-Olivier Joseph

Tristan Jarry

Casey DeSmith

Scratched: Chad Ruhwedel

Injured: Ryan Poehling (upper body)

I screamed aloud to the old man
I said don't lie, don't say you don't know
I say you'll pay for this mischief
Oh in this season or the next
Oh and then he fixed me with a freezing glance

And the hell fires raged in his eyes
t1ZpplM.gif

He said you wanna know the truth son?
Lord, I'll tell you the truth

Your soul's gonna burn in a lake of fire...!

vq7hClE.gif

The prophet looked at me and laughed at me (ha ha) He said:
Can I play with madness?
He said you're blind, too blind to see
Listen to me, said the prophet

LET'S GO PENS!

Last edited:

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Yeah, am I missing something or isn’t the game on Tuesday? Lol

Flying Dego

Apr 30, 2013
Yeah it’s almost like destroying player’s confidence doesn’t work.
I don't know why we're fussing about this lol. If anyone has the current benefit of the doubt it's Cooper with the last few years of playoff success.

You know who's the opposite end of the spectrum? Give everyone a hint...he loves himself some Big Jeff.

eXile3

Dec 12, 2020
I don't know why we're fussing about this lol. If anyone has the current benefit of the doubt it's Cooper with the last few years of playoff success.

You know who's the opposite end of the spectrum? Give everyone a hint...he loves himself some Big Jeff.
We can’t do anything with Carter because of that awful contract and he’s incredibly complacent as a result.

I just don’t think it’s effective and evidence suggest it isn’t.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
We can’t do anything with Carter because of that awful contract and he’s incredibly complacent as a result.

I don't think it works well either. None of us are in the NHL obviously, but think of your own experiences with youth sports. If you never played any youth sports, think of your own experiences at work.

Has anyone in this thread ever responded well to getting yelled at or heavily criticized at work? I'm going out on a limb here, but I'd guess that most of you guys don't respond well to that. I know I don't.

Cooper knows all that of course which is why he almost never benches guys or does stuff like this. Sometimes as a coach you do something like this to grab your team's attention moreso than as punishment. I doubt it's about accountability for Cooper so much as trying to wake up his top guys.

It's not a tactic you can use often. If you do, you become Michel Therrien or Mike Babcock and every player hates those guys and their shtick wears thin quickly.

But of course an unfortunate amount of people see a player struggle or make a turnover or whatever and the instinct is to want to bench or scratch that player and it's a stupid emotional reaction to think that way. For the most part that's not the way to get anyone playing better.

Flying Dego

Apr 30, 2013

Is it in his contract that he must be the 3C? Sullivan at any time could drop him to the 4th line and heaven forbid scratch him to get someone else in the lineup.

If having to compete to stay in the lineup is below JC. He can stay in the pressbox. If he gets fed up enough then he can retire.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Is it in his contract that he must be the 3C? Sullivan at any time could drop him to the 4th line and heaven forbid scratch him to get someone else in the lineup.

If having to compete to stay in the lineup is below JC. He can stay in the pressbox. If he gets fed up enough then he can retire.
DK’s podcast this am discusses this, as well as Dumo sitting for Kulikov…says, as we know, that Carter and Dumo have been sinking the team and should be scratched by the coach will never do it…Granlund and Kulikov give Sullivan that option but it wont happen lol..that’s some crazy fireable shit that will earn Sullivan another extension lol

Flying Dego

Apr 30, 2013
DK’s podcast this am discusses this, as well as Dumo sitting for Kulikov…says, as we know, that Carter and Dumo have been sinking the team and should be scratched by the coach will never do it…Granlund and Kulikov give Sullivan that option but it wont happen lol..that’s some crazy fireable shit that will earn Sullivan another extension lol
Ya but what if Sullivan "loses" the lockerroom by being too mean :eek3:

Reactions: Andy99

Flying Dego

Apr 30, 2013
When they start winning again because of it, the players will come around…lol…man, it’s tough being a really shitty coach…
You almost have to try harder to be this bad at player usage lol.

Like anyone with a small amount of hockey understanding can view the past year of Carter and say 'you know what, I think this guy isn't the best choice as my 3C'...he's just the most obvious.

We have other black eye player usages Dumo, Granlund that will hinder us.

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021
I don't think it works well either. None of us are in the NHL obviously, but think of your own experiences with youth sports. If you never played any youth sports, think of your own experiences at work.

Has anyone in this thread ever responded well to getting yelled at or heavily criticized at work? I'm going out on a limb here, but I'd guess that most of you guys don't respond well to that. I know I don't.

Cooper knows all that of course which is why he almost never benches guys or does stuff like this. Sometimes as a coach you do something like this to grab your team's attention moreso than as punishment. I doubt it's about accountability for Cooper so much as trying to wake up his top guys.

It's not a tactic you can use often. If you do, you become Michel Therrien or Mike Babcock and every player hates those guys and their shtick wears thin quickly.

But of course an unfortunate amount of people see a player struggle or make a turnover or whatever and the instinct is to want to bench or scratch that player and it's a stupid emotional reaction to think that way. For the most part that's not the way to get anyone playing better.

Well stated
Benching starts like this sends a clear message that ANYONE is subject to it if their performance isn't up to par.

Sitting a 4th liner (or Kap) doesn't get anyone's attention and players just roll their eyes at it

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007

I do not.
If you yell, belittle, patronize, denigrate, harass, or any other rude and licentious abuse of rank... unless warranted of course (and if done in public or private)... ..I will destroy them, in time, oh yes, in time! Waiting, planning... I will get them back! I am not a child and will not be treated or spoken to like one!
:laugh:

Last edited:
Reactions: Pancakes
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad