GDT: #63 - 02/27/20 | Rangers @ Canadiens | 7:00 PM ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

MetalJaws

Mar 12, 2014
Howden is the least skilled offensive guy on the team. He's sound defensively and helps on the PK. He might carve out a little career for himself as a 4th line Center.

However, regardless of who's in the lineup. He should Never sniff any line but the 4th.

Reactions: Kovalev27

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Have you ever been in a car accident? I’m not being sarcastic either. I’m genuinely asking.

The soreness can come in waves. The fact that he practiced doesn’t mean he is able to play.

yes unfortunately and I’ve been shaken and sore. But I’m not going to compare to an nhl athlete. However this guy was reported as fine just shaken up. It’s been 4 days he’s skating the last two laughing having a good time. Get out there and play

Reactions: cheech70

Anthony5967

Dec 24, 2015
Strong Island, NY
Howden is the least skilled offensive guy on the team. He's sound defensively and helps on the PK. He might carve out a little career for himself as a 4th line Center.

However, regardless of who's in the lineup. He should Never sniff any line but the 4th.
He's our poor man's Cirelli. He's probably a future Nate Thompson.

MetalJaws

Mar 12, 2014
He's our poor man's Cirelli. He's probably a future Nate Thompson.

Very poor mans Cirelli. Goat, McKegg and PDG have all shown more. I get that Quinn likes Howden because he' safe and very coachable. I just can't believe he put em in that 3rd C spot for as long as he has. Eye test is very obvious he's not skilled offensively in the slightest.

Staple his ass to the 4th line and PK2.

Reactions: Anthony5967

NYRangers0723

Apr 30, 2019
Howden got off to a really great start last year but ever since hasn’t been able to get a nice hot streak going. I mean he wasn’t expected to be top 6 player but I think the Hope was maybe a number 3 C. Still young so still had time to figure it out

Lion Hound

@JoeTucc26
Mar 12, 2007
Montauk NY
Habs lines;

Tatar Danault Gallagher
Lehkonen Suzuki Armia
Byron Domi Weal
Hudon Evans Weise

Chariot Weber
Kulak Petry
Alzner Folin

Anthony5967

Dec 24, 2015
Strong Island, NY
Howden got off to a really great start last year but ever since hasn’t been able to get a nice hot streak going. I mean he wasn’t expected to be top 6 player but I think the Hope was maybe a number 3 C. Still young so still had time to figure it out
Still plenty of time. He needs to improve his skating.

MetalJaws

Mar 12, 2014
I wonder if there can be a solid young C prospect like Zegras, Cozens or Newhook to be had for some of our guys and picks. I rather grab a 20 year old guy ready to hop in now than draft 2 guys this year who are 3 years out.

Maybe something like Cozens or Zegras for Georgiev, Buch, Lias and a 1st.

Or maybe Lias comes back with a vengeance. Yea, I know wishful thinking.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
I wonder if there can be a solid young C prospect like Zegras, Cozens or Newhook to be had for some of our guys and picks. I rather grab a 20 year old guy ready to hop in now than draft 2 guys this year who are 3 years out.

Maybe something like Cozens or Zegras for Georgiev, Buch, Lias and a 1st.

Or maybe Lias comes back with a vengeance. Yea, I know wishful thinking.

Zegras isnt moving. Confident in saying that Newhook wont be either.

Buffalo is in a spot where they basically have to try to do everything and anything. So maybe?

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Justin St. Pierre doing his 1000th game tonight in MTL and is one of the more generally hated referees. Not saying I smell something fishy, but yeah, tonight could be ugly.

MetalJaws

Mar 12, 2014
Zegras isnt moving. Confident in saying that Newhook wont be either.

Buffalo is in a spot where they basically have to try to do everything and anything. So maybe?

Buffalo needs NHL players in the worst way and a goaltender. Could be something there.

I love where the Rangers are right now. I just feel an asset like that can get Chytil to the Wing in the top 6 and a guy like that can step into the lineup at 3rd line C almost immediately. Way higher ceiling than LA or Howden.

BBKers

Jan 9, 2006
Bialystok, Poland
Have you ever been in a car accident? I’m not being sarcastic either. I’m genuinely asking.

The soreness can come in waves. The fact that he practiced doesn’t mean he is able to play.

I have. 5 times. Twice hitting a big ole moose. Once hitting a fully loaded logging truck, head on, that by accident ventured onto my side of the road with nowhere left to go (breaking 27 bones and necessitating numerous surgeries). Twice as a passenger with serious injuries. Not recommended...

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
yes unfortunately and I’ve been shaken and sore. But I’m not going to compare to an nhl athlete. However this guy was reported as fine just shaken up. It’s been 4 days he’s skating the last two laughing having a good time. Get out there and play

I don't care if you are an NHL athlete or if you look like Belgium's Minister of Health. A car accident can and will have an impact lasting more than a day or two.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Great more Chytil at wing when he was beasting at center. Not gonna lie disappointed Buch isn't ready. Now I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't play by Sunday the earliest

Reactions: Kovalev27
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad