GDT: #62| Pens vs. Panthers| Sat. Mar. 4 2023 6:00 PM EST |FLA-LA| POST TDL: Read my lips, no 1st round picks!

Post deadline review:

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
:pens 31-21-9 VS. 30-27-6 :panthers

Sat, March 4th 2023 6:00 PM EST @FLA-LA
GAME CENTER | GAME PREVIEW

KgV59eP.gif

:pens
TRADE DEADLINE AFTERMATH

Capfriendly - Penguins

OUT/IN

Kasperi Kapanen: waived picked up by St. Louis
2023 2nd round pick: Traded to Nashville for Mikael Grandlund
Teddy Blueger:
Traded to Vegas for a 3rd 2024
2023 7th RD pick/2024 5th RD pick (CON):
Traded to San Jose for Nick Bonino (VIA Montreal) 50% retained

Brock McGinn/3rd 2024: Traded to Anaheim for Dmitry Kulikov 50% retained

March 3rd 2023
2:00PM to 3:00PM

"IN MY DARKEST HOUR"

2IAXi48.gif

:pens
LET'S GO PENS!

Last edited:

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
200w.gif

vs

cute-panther.gif

Pittsburgh Penguins
(30-21-9, fourth in the Metropolitan Division)
vs.

Florida Panthers
(30-27-6, sixth in the Atlantic Division)

Sunrise, Florida; Saturday, 6 p.m. EST

pittsburgh_penguins_logo_jersey_2023_sportslogosnet-6031.png

BOTTOM LINE:
The Pittsburgh Penguins visit the Florida Panthers after Jason Zucker's two-goal game against the Tampa Bay Lightning in the Penguins' 5-4 overtime win.

Florida has a 30-27-6 record overall and a 16-10-3 record in home games. The Panthers serve 11.8 penalty minutes per game to rank first in NHL play.

Pittsburgh has a 15-12-5 record on the road and a 30-21-9 record overall. The Penguins have a 28-4-5 record when scoring three or more goals.

Saturday's game is the third meeting between these teams this season. The Penguins won 4-2 in the previous matchup. Zucker led the Penguins with two goals.

TOP PERFORMERS:
Matthew Tkachuk has 28 goals and 51 assists for the Panthers.
Eric Staal has scored four goals with two assists over the last 10 games.

s-l225.jpg

Fiwv10_XEAM41UO

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
I am trying to figure out what would be the best line up and for the first time I can't come up with four lines that makes sense...and the reason is I am trying to slot Carter in a position where he would inflict the least amount of damage, which would be 4th line winger, but can't figure out who could play center, feel like want Garlund on the wing maybe with Geno...we know he will go with standard line up :
Jake Sid Rakell
Zuck G Rust
Heinen Carter Garlund
DOC Bonino Archie

Reactions: Andy99

Flying Dego

Apr 30, 2013
I am trying to figure out what would be the best line up and for the first time I can't come up with four lines that makes sense...and the reason is I am trying to slot Carter in a position where he would inflict the least amount of damage, which would be 4th line winger, but can't figure out who could play center, feel like want Garlund on the wing maybe with Geno...we know he will go with standard line up :
Jake Sid Rakell
Zuck G Rust
Heinen Carter Garlund
DOC Bonino Archie
GCRR
DOC-G-Rust
Zucker-Bonino-Granlund
Arch-Carter-Poehling
The Bottom C's being interchangeable but that's the most balanced lines I can think of.
DOC could give us that opportunity but that's an ask we won't get to see. You're welcome @jmelm

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
GCRR
DOC-G-Rust
Zucker-Bonino-Granlund
Arch-Carter-Poehling
The Bottom C's being interchangeable but that's the most balanced lines I can think of.
DOC could give us that opportunity but that's an ask we won't get to see. You're welcome @jmelm
DOC on L2 is way too much for Sully to try now...Carter is the issue here, Poehling is hurt and won't play ever again seems

Reactions: Andy99

Flying Dego

Apr 30, 2013
DOC on L2 is way too much for Sully to try now...Carter is the issue here, Poehling is hurt and won't play ever again seems
I know but in theory. His speed, forechecking and defense is what G-Rust could thrive with.

That frees up what would be an important Zucker Granlund connection on line 3. That is our catalyst to upset teams IMO.

But no Sully will stay uncreative and won't try to squeeze the most out of this group.

Last edited:
Reactions: Trade and vodeni
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad