Post-Game Talk: #62| FLYERS at Maple Leafs | Thu., Feb. 26, 2015

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
We've come full circle to the start of the year, I guess.

never-had-a-chance-gifs-plane.gif

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Hextall let Mason dress so he can't complain if the coach played him. I think it was stupid of Berube to pull Zepp on 2 goals, but the backup has to be fit enough to play even if you would let the starter stay in for 10 goals because the starter could get hurt at any time.

AndHeMissedTheNet

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Feb 12, 2014
from Sam C.
Flyers' locker room surprisingly upbeat. Berube and the players loved the way they played.

Un. ****ing. Real.

Hextall better gut this complacent, loser team at the trade deadline.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Berube said he went with his "gut" on pulling Zepp.

God I can't wait till he's gone.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
from Sam C.

Un. ****ing. Real.

Hextall better gut this complacent, loser team at the trade deadline.

I don't really mind that tbh... this game was fine, they played well and did not get a result. The loss sucks, but they played a good game.

A game like this is not the reason they are not in a playoff spot... it is games like those vs Carolina and Columbus.

I mean, if this is game 10 of the season we would all be sat here happy with the game but moaning about being unlucky.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Berube said he went with his "gut" on pulling Zepp.

God I can't wait till he's gone.

Goes to show he puts zero thought into his decisions and is incapable of making educated decisions. Why wouldn't his gut tell him to start his best goalie.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
we really need to figure out how to score at even strength before we become a serious threat.

It is getting so frustrating waiting to get on the pp to score.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Bottom line is that Mason should not have been available to use, but luckily he looked fine.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
we really need to figure out how to score at even strength before we become a serious threat.

It is getting so frustrating waiting to get on the pp to score.

Leaving lines together for more than 2 periods may help. Removing Zac who gives you as close to 0% chance to score would also help.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I don't know why anyone would whine and complain that the team isn't crying themselves into a coma in the lockerroom.

They DOMINATED the Leafs... in their zone like 99% of the game, outshot them to hell, and they lost because of two **** ups that turned into breakaways and a PP goal that Mason never saw. They played well, if they do that in 100 games they'll win 99 times. Bernier and a healthy heaping of bad bad luck are the only reasons they didn't have 5+ goals.

****ing hell some people just want to complain, get a grip.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
Leaving lines together for more than 2 periods may help. Removing Zac who gives you as close to 0% chance to score would also help.

I really dont know how much of it has to do with berube's system. part of me is scared that if we go to a system where we score more, mason is gonna look bad.

Funf

Sep 17, 2013
Philadelphia
Yeah, you can't complain about how they played, or be upset that they aren't upset. Besides, they might be upbeat in the locker room, but Jake sure as hell looked frustrated when he was pummeling Holland.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
I really dont know how much of it has to do with berube's system. part of me is scared that if we go to a system where we score more, mason is gonna look bad.

I don't. Once the D gets more mobile and if we can get a few faster forwards, the possession and fore check game should improve greatly.

Flyrs21

Dec 17, 2006
Can someone answer this, Could the Flyers even have had anyone else besides Mason be the back up?

Wasnt Stolarz called up on an emergency basis so he had to be returned. With Emery hurt they were pretty much screwed and had to throw Mason on the bench. Berube is the dumbass that put him in the game.

I read that Stolarz had to be returned but the Flyers still had a second emergency backup option that they could of used before the season ends because after the trade deadline passes the goalie options go away. With the trade deadline being March 2 they could of used the option and wouldn't have to worry about using the option the rest of the season.

Sounds like either we have another GM that doesn't know all the rules or the article I read was wrong. Here's the excerpt from the article......

To prevent Mason from suiting up, the Flyers could have used their second and final goaltender exemption of the season - a move that would have made sense considering rosters are not subject to the same 23-man limit after Monday's trade deadline.
Read more at
To prevent Mason from suiting up, the Flyers could have used their second and final goaltender exemption of the season - a move that would have made sense considering rosters are not subject to the same 23-man limit after Monday's trade deadline.

Last edited:

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013

The system Berube plays has the Flyers as a mediocre possession team, a terrible team shorthanded, and a team that routinely makes critical defensive errors that lead to high quality scoring chances.

What is this other system that would be harder on Mason than playing for Berube?

AndHeMissedTheNet

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Feb 12, 2014
Just add "gut" to "size" and you have the basis for every explanation Berube will ever have for any decision ever.

I remember last season when he kept replacing Gus with Mesz because of how "aggressive" Mesz played.

Over a year later, and I still can't wrap my head around that one.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Guys, the flyers haven't won since I've gotten Clawed Giroux.

Is it his fault?!?!?

How about you get a couple more dogs so we can stop being noncommittal and actually get a good draft pick.

The longer we float between the top 10 pick and the playoffs the more painful the rest of the season will be... I just want them to stick to one or the other.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad