Post-Game Talk: #62 | Blues at Flyers | March 4, 2024 | Shootout loss (2-1)

mr4tno

Oct 13, 2017
Coots awful. Stall worse.
Followed by Atkinson

Especially when we start our potatoes and can’t touch the puck.
There is no universe where Cates and Laughton should see the ice in 3v3, let alone together. Of course, there is no universe where Laughton plays 21+ minutes. That is not a team destined for a long run in the playoffs, bt we will buy anyway....

Edit: Poehling

Last edited:

tymed

Jun 11, 2007
British Columbia
Poehling Cates Hathaway Laughton... these guys have all been solid. They're not the problem we've got with scoring lately. Foersters the only scoring forward thats stepped up instead of down in TKs absence. Shouldn't be starting OT with the grinders though, regardless. With that space, you gotta give your talent a spot to shine and snap out of the funk - see ice veins Frosty in shootout.

On D, Sanheim and Walker had solid games. York stood out... as did Staal...

With all the injuries, I'm mentally prepared for the selling of no players. I'll keep enjoying what this group of guys has done all year and keep hoping we make the playoffs, it's been an unbelievable season.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
"Did you hold your breath about Nick Seeler, wondering if he was going to come back in the third?"

"Nope. I knew he was coming back."

:rolleyes:

But he didn’t come back , and his foot is clearly broken.

Poehling Cates Hathaway Laughton... these guys have all been solid. They're not the problem we've got with scoring lately. Foersters the only scoring forward thats stepped up instead of down in TKs absence. Shouldn't be starting OT with the grinders though, regardless. With that space, you gotta give your talent a spot to shine and snap out of the funk - see ice veins Frosty in shootout.

With all the injuries, I'm mentally prepared for the selling of no players. I'll keep enjoying what this group of guys has done all year and keep hoping we make the playoffs, it's been an unbelievable season.

Look at the upcoming schedule, you need more than hope to make the playoffs.

Reactions: dragonoffrost

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
It's gotta be nursing an injury.

Last time he went over 20 minutes was January 23rd. He was doing it regularly up until that date. He started dropping to the 16-18 minute range from that date to since February 12th up until now he’s been in the 12-16 minute range.

I don’t know if he’s hurt &/or running out of steam. They went pretty full on to start the year with him. They didn’t ease him back to start. Either way it doesn’t actually bode well for the outlook of the team going forward not just the year but beyond it too.

usahockey22flyers

2 years away from being 2 years away
Nov 9, 2009
Philly

If they can sell 3 pieces and still make the playoffs - awesome! If they end up with the 14th pick cuz they miss, fine too.

Danny really has to be realistic

Reactions: renberg

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
Last time he went over 20 minutes was January 23rd. He was doing it regularly up until that date. He started dropping to the 16-18 minute range from that date to since February 12th up until now he’s been in the 12-16 minute range.

I don’t know if he’s hurt &/or running of steam. They went pretty full on to start the year with him. They didn’t ease him back to start. Either way it doesn’t actually bode well for the outlook of the team going forward not just the year but beyond it too.
and i think an issue..because he won't be scratched and he won't take himself out

tymed

Jun 11, 2007
British Columbia
If they can sell 3 pieces and still make the playoffs - awesome! If they end up with the 14th pick cuz they miss, fine too.

Danny really has to be realistic

It's a tough spot to be in, I guess. I'd like to sell the pieces, but unless 1sts are coming back, and with Drysdale, Seeler, and Risto out, how does anyone realistically expect management to commit to trotting out Zamula, Staal, Attard, and Belpedio as our bottom 4 while were 6 points into the playoffs? It's just not gonna fly, regardless.

We can handle the attrition up front of losing Laughton, though. Do you guys think he can garner a 1st rounder? Honestly, I have no idea.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad