Post-Game Talk: #62 | Blues at Flyers | March 4, 2024 | Shootout loss (2-1)

BritainStix

F**k Cutter Gauthier
Oct 20, 2016
The reffing in this game was an abomination.

The blues are the least penalised team in the league. I can see why. What a f***ing disgrace.

Bard Marchand

Oct 24, 2023

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Great game.. as a Blues fan the only reason we are half way decent is because of Binnington’s stellar play. You all deserved the two points tonight. Good luck going forward.
Thanks!

But that was one of the most boring games we've played all season. :laugh:

Cates Poehling and Hathaway getting more time that Frost and Brink is mind numbing
Laughton and Couturier swapping spots from 1C to 4C is more amazing.

Up till the All Star break
Couturier - 19:57 TOI/GP, 31 points in 46 games

Laughton - 15:19 TOI/GP, 20 points in 50 games

After the break
Couturier - 15:21 TOI/GP, 4 points in 13 games

Laughton 16:16 TOI/GP, 12 points in 13 games

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Last time he went over 20 minutes was January 23rd. He was doing it regularly up until that date. He started dropping to the 16-18 minute range from that date to since February 12th up until now he’s been in the 12-16 minute range.

I don’t know if he’s hurt &/or running out of steam. They went pretty full on to start the year with him. They didn’t ease him back to start. Either way it doesn’t actually bode well for the outlook of the team going forward not just the year but beyond it too.

The Flyers have never missed an opportunity to mishandle a player, which is a great character building experience for fans and players alike

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Nah, not a popcorn guy.

He's not asking if you're a popcorn guy. He's asking if you stuck your dick in the Dune popcorn bucket.

f2c874dc9cd14ae0aa7d4cbc469500c1.gif

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
They gotta make it a penalty if you carry the puck out of the OZ back over the red line.
That style of play is the antithesis of hockey and should be mocked as much as the shootout. A few weeks ago, there was chatter about revamping the OT as you stated. Sadly, the NHL has shown a preference to have that kind of highlight transferred through the likes of ESPN to show skating and talent to the disdain of truer fans. Scoring and winning, like the shootout or even a no-call/bad call that leads to a decisive goal, will garner different reactions from the winning and losing sides, but as a whole, figure skating should be left to All-Star Weekend. Yes, the Flyers had chances and this and that could have changed the outcome, but the advancement of the sport should not come from retreat mentality.

NHL general managers have discussed changing the current three-on-three overtime rules to prevent teams from continuously exiting the offensive zone in order to retain possession, league executive Colin Campbell told TSN.​
Potential solutions include a shot clock or not allowing teams to cross back over the blue or red line after entering the attacking zone.​
"We haven't got to whether (overtime) should be longer or whether we should get rid of the shootout," Campbell said. "We don't mind the format. The one thing we don't like, the one thing that teams have done on their own, players have done on their own, is decided that possession is key. You get those boot-back, kick-backs all the time. Sometimes overtimes get going, but until then, sometimes they don't want to give the puck up from opening faceoff."​
He added: "What is the answer? We don't want more whistles. We don't want more faceoffs."​
Changes aren't imminent and will be tabled until GMs convene for their annual meetings in March.​
The NHL introduced five minutes of three-on-three overtime prior to the 2015-16 season in an effort to cut down on shootouts.​
Players and coaches have voiced support for longer three-on-three sessions in the past. The ECHL implemented seven-minute overtime periods in 2019-20.​

sauce88

Jul 6, 2011
A good first try at a solution in my opinion would be to not have the long change in OT, it can then escalate from there if that doesn't change much.

FanForLife

Oct 27, 2018
Winnipeg
Not that I expect management or coaches to come check out the hockey forums for pointers on how to run the team, but EVERYONE here see's what poor personnel decisions Torts makes. I mean, total wrong call/choices game after game, zero debate, not even from the few here who generally support what Torts and management does. I stick to my belief that Torts knows he's getting shit on on these and other threads/forums(don't know how he knows, but he knows) and any change in his idiotic game and personnel management would be an admission that he's not in touch with todays game, so it will never happen. I again begrudgingly admit he has tightened up the team defence, but you DO have to score goals to win, contrary to his belief.

wasup

Mar 21, 2018
Not that I expect management or coaches to come check out the hockey forums for pointers on how to run the team, but EVERYONE here see's what poor personnel decisions Torts makes. I mean, total wrong call/choices game after game, zero debate, not even from the few here who generally support what Torts and management does. I stick to my belief that Torts knows he's getting shit on on these and other threads/forums(don't know how he knows, but he knows) and any change in his idiotic game and personnel management would be an admission that he's not in touch with todays game, so it will never happen. I again begrudgingly admit he has tightened up the team defence, but you DO have to score goals to win, contrary to his belief.
I think Tort's is asking the league if he play's all D in overtime can have 4 players out there instead of 3 . 3D chess at it's finest , well maybe 4D chess if ya catch my drift .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad