7x0FMbmZ_200x200.jpg
VS.
bsydtiLu_200x200.jpg

SABRES (26-25-10) at COYOTES (21-32-7)

SUN FEB 26, 2017 @ 8:30 PM ET

TV: MSG-B

RADIO: WGR 550

Sabres Digital Press Box Game Preview

CURRENT INJURIES – (Man Games Lost: 300)

Player (injury, first game missed) – total games missed
Cody McCormick (blood clots, Oct. 13; injured reserve) – 61 games
Johan Larsson (wrist, Jan. 3; injured reserve) – 25 games
William Carrier (knee, Feb.4; injured reserve) – 11 games

TRANSACTIONS IN PAST 7 DAYS
2/20: Assigned F Justin Bailey, F Nicholas Baptiste and F Evan Rodrigues to Rochester (AHL)
2/24: Recalled F Justin Bailey and F Evan Rodrigues from Rochester (AHL); Activated F Zemgus Girgensons from IR; Assigned F Derek Grant to Rochester

UPCOMING GAMES
Tuesday, Feb. 28: Nashville at Buffalo, 7 p.m.
Thursday, March 2: Arizona at Buffalo, 7 p.m.
Saturday, March 4: Tampa Bay at Buffalo, 7 p.m.
Sunday, March 5: Buffalo at Pittsburgh, 5 p.m.
Tuesday, March 7: San Jose at Buffalo, 7 p.m.

TONIGHT’S GAME

SABRES AT COYOTES
This is the first of two meetings between the Sabres and Coyotes this season.
Last meeting: Buffalo defeated Arizona 2-1 in Arizona on Jan. 18, 2016
Next meeting: Thursday, March 2 in Buffalo
The Sabres are 8-1-1 in their last 10 games vs. the Coyotes; 8-2-0 on the road.
This is the 75th game all-time between Buffalo and Arizona/Winnipeg; Buffalo has a 44-21-9 series record.
The Sabres are 20-14-2 on the road against the Coyotes/Jets all-time.

Morning Skate: February 26, 2017 at 1:30 pm – 2:30 pm at Gila River Arena

Kennerdell

Nov 11, 2015
Maryland
Season is over. Someone tell me how to derive enjoyment from a win tonight?
First step is to not care what happens and just look at the long term.

Realize that we are finally in a position of power and only have to sell if we get the exact return we want. As teams get more and more desperate we will get more and more in return. Just hope that the playoff races stay really tight.

If we can flip some of the older dead weight on the roster and let Bailey, Baptiste, and Carrier alternate in and get some time in the show.
If we could somehow package a vet with some picks and retain some salary and somehow manage to pick up a team controlled and cheap defensemen we would be fairly set heading into the future. This team has played exactly how I thought it would while we have had Jack in the lineup. Next year is it for us. We will take over the reigns of the division and the young guns will finally take this team over. Bailey, Baptiste, and Carrier bring that speed and size to the lineup.

I am still watching the young guys and tracking them. Figuring out who actually fits into the plans and how. Who has value that we can trade off for more young assets to fill in when we can't afford those 4-6 million dollar 3rd and 4th liners.

I am also excited to see if we can lock up Kane. Finding someone with his skill set is rare. This despite what others may say on the main boards. He is young and can keep this play up for 5-6 more years.

I am also curious to see if we get a shot at seeing Reinhart center the second line and have Eichel center the first line.
RoR-Eichel-Okposo
Bailey-Reinhart-Kane
Carrier-Girgensons-Ennis

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
O'Reilly and Okposo has not been working for a while.

How many ES goals does that line have this year? A handful?

Kennerdell

Nov 11, 2015
Maryland
O'Reilly and Okposo has not been working for a while.

How many ES goals does that line have this year? A handful?

They need a possession driving playmaker. Eichel would work wonders for both of them, IMO. And RoR would work wonders for Eichel. I have not been the only one to bang this drum. I think they would "go together like peas and carrots", best Forrest Gump impersonation. Reinhart and Kane I think would work long term as well.

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
Second of a B2B, travel, quick turnaround, backup goaltender who has played once in the last four weeks...

They'll probably win.

jvirk

Oct 31, 2013
They need a possession driving playmaker. Eichel would work wonders for both of them, IMO. And RoR would work wonders for Eichel. I have not been the only one to bang this drum. I think they would "go together like peas and carrots", best Forrest Gump impersonation. Reinhart and Kane I think would work long term as well.

I've been beating this drum for a while now too, and have taken a fair amount of flack for it b/c I guess it's not right to move ROR to wing.

Having Eichel be the centerman of that line would work wonders for Eichel AND ROR. Reinhart is NOT a winger, he's a counterman. He needs to be at center...that's where we will get the most from him. Put him on a line with Kane and Bailey/Baptiste.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY

ROR/KO need someone with speed that plays a north/south game. I've really like Bailey but thats not his game. That line needs a Carrier or a Girgs who will go into the opposing zone like a kamikaze and disrupt the breakout. That leaves ROR to do what he does best, stealing the puck as part of the next wave.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
I've been beating this drum for a while now too, and have taken a fair amount of flack for it b/c I guess it's not right to move ROR to wing.

Having Eichel be the centerman of that line would work wonders for Eichel AND ROR. Reinhart is NOT a winger, he's a counterman. He needs to be at center...that's where we will get the most from him. Put him on a line with Kane and Bailey/Baptiste.

I'd like to see ROR/Eichel tried myself just to see what it can do over a stretch of games. But I know it will never happen with this coach.

Gras

Mar 21, 2014
Phoenix
So should I wear the white Goat or the butter knives tonight since its the Yotes 20yr season

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
A loss tonight maintains that symmetry we've had for the last twenty games or so.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad