GDT: #61 | Sharks vs Penguins | ThuFeb21@7PMest | SNE, SNO, SNP, ATTSN-PT, NBCSCA

Will the Pens defensemen will outscore the Sharks defensemen?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
It would be nice if Hornqvist could snap out of his slump tonight. Lets Go Pens!

giphy.gif

Reactions: Rudy Russo

Icarium

Feb 16, 2010
We are playing DeSmith tonight because the coaching staff would rather run a higher risk of losing a game against a Western conference team than against a direct rival, why would anyone believe dumb conspiracy theories that they trust him more than Murray?!

Reactions: turtle27

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
I don't care who's in net. They are both capable if we play good defense but that's where the real issues lies but instead we are worried about who's in net.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
We got stomped last time. Hoping for (and expecting) a better showing tonight.

It would be nice if they used this as a statement game to show that last game wasn't one they were proud of, yes.

I just can't tell with this team, though. It's just as likely they get curb stomped again by the Sharks as it is the Pens come out and prove they are a legit Cup contender.

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
I'm not sure if Sully believes CDS is his top goalie, but i know their not completely confident in Murray.

When your in a playoff race and your not starting your so called number 1 goalie like they are tonight and like they did against TB it tells you they don't feel great about Murray right now.

If Murray played well against Calgary and NJ he would be starting tonight.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I'm not sure if Sully believes CDS is his top goalie, but i know their not completely confident in Murray.

When your in a playoff race and your not starting your so called number 1 goalie like they are tonight and like they did against TB it tells you they don't feel great about Murray right now.

If Murray played well against Calgary and NJ he would be starting tonight.

Wonder if Murray tweaked something and they’re being cautious as well...there’s good reason not to trust him given his year

Reactions: cheesedanish87

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
MM is gonna play the outdoor game that's why CDS is starting.

Well he can play both can’t he if he’s your #1 goalie...it’s not a b2b and there’s talk about having to move the game to Sunday because of rain...

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Well he can play both can’t he if he’s your #1 goalie...it’s not a b2b and there’s talk about having to move the game to Sunday because of rain...
I understand MM could play but maybe they're trying to spread out the workload nonetheless. I'm honestly not surprised CDS is starting TBH.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
This website is clinically insane when it comes to goalies. The Penguins have 2 good goalies, and Murray is clearly the starter. Them deciding to go with DeSmith, after Murray gave up 4 goals on 28 shots to the Sharks a month ago, isn't saying "DeSmith is better than Murray" or "DeSmith is our starting goalie".

Since the start of 2019, Murray has started 14 of 22 games (including tonight). Since he came back from his injury, he has started like 19 of 30 games, with him missing a game or 2 due to injury. That's well within normal for a starting goalie with a good backup.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
I don’t get it. Murray should play every game that isn’t a back to back. He’s the #1, get him in there he’ll find a way to get super hot.

We have,I think 11 back to backs this season?

So you think Murray should play 71 games if healthy? One way to burn a goalie out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad