Post-Game Talk: #61 | Flyers (31-22-7) at Capitals (27-22-9) | Friday, March 1, 2024 | Defeat

Flyerfan4life

Jun 9, 2010
Richmond BC, Canada
So only 3 lines for a third of the game and essentially only 10 F on a B2B. That screams Tortorella

Morganti advocating for more veterans because they don' make mental mistakes. What has he been watching the past decade?
never change Flyers...

what this team needs is more old dogs.. esp. the wornout kind..

Flyers cupless streak could go another 50 years easy

FromOyVey2Matvei

Jul 15, 2023
Philadelphia
Announce the extensions tomm

Walker 5 yrs , 4.8 per
Seeler 4 yrs , 3.9 per

Giroux scores a hatty and we lose 4-1.
If Giroux scores a hatty, Briere will insta trade a 1st for him, the deal will be completed before the 3 stars are announced.

The C will be stripped from Coots and given to G before he even knows what happened.

Chicken N Raffls

Here for the chaos and lolz
Nov 7, 2022
Douglassville

giphy (3).gif

This is All World social mediaing

Reactions: Strawberry Fields

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes

What a weird comment. Tippett and Frost (forgot him!) were clearly the top two guys tonight in every way. Should they have had 3 goals apiece? That line, with Brink, was good before Torts decided to throw it in the trash.

Couturier spent 2/3 of the game with Deslauriers and Lycksell. Farabee wasn’t good, but this team’s lines are not set up for offense. Period. And they have one true game breaker on the roster. But something something Cultural Rebuild.

Flyerfan4life

Jun 9, 2010
Richmond BC, Canada

What a weird comment. Tippett and Frost (forgot him!) were clearly the top two guys tonight in every way. Should they have had 3 goals apiece? That line, with Brink, was good before Torts decided to throw it in the trash.

Couturier spent 2/3 of the game with Deslauriers and Lycksell. Farabee wasn’t good, but this team’s lines are not set up for offense. Period. And they have one true game breaker on the roster. But something something Cultural Rebuild.

its code for "buy buy buy" for the PO push

mr4tno

Oct 13, 2017

To be fair, he is playing like ND only at 6-ishX the salary for 4-ishX the term. Lychsell, much luke any rookie call-up, has been set up to fail from the moment he got here. Jack Adams or bust

Reactions: renberg

ybnvs

Mar 20, 2014
Lycksell and Brink both benched in the 3rd, their last shift ending on the goal Torts spazzed on Brink.

I've watched that goal 50 times this morning. How/why is Lycksell punished for this? I question why Brink is, too, but I can see a smlal degree of rationale behind Torts' thinking. Still, I think he's a bit off in his immediate emotional reaction to the play to then justify Brink's immediate benching. He had time to review the play at intermission, and still made these decisions. Did he even watch the replay? I suspect no.

Mantha cycles it around the Flyers' net. Carlson pinches to extend the play and makes a little drop pass to OV; Carlson is "activated" as he cuts across the slot; OV passes along the blue line to the LD; Carlson opens up to receive a one-timer or pass at the right circle; the shot then comes from the LD at the point; puck bounces to Carlson who put himself in a great spot; Ersson is way overplayed; Carlson wraparound; No one playing the post.

I implore you all, watch Seeler the whole time as that goal develops. Tell me why he wasn't benched. Guy is everywhere he's not supposed to be, then misses his assignment on the far post because he was chasing the puck around like a madman.

If I'm wrong on Seeler being the player to make the most mistakes on that play, then please, tell me. I'm always open to learning more hockey.

Tarpongg

#fakerebuild
May 26, 2012
Lycksell and Brink both benched in the 3rd, their last shift ending on the goal Torts spazzed on Brink.

I've watched that goal 50 times this morning. How/why is Lycksell punished for this? I question why Brink is, too, but I can see a smlal degree of rationale behind Torts' thinking. Still, I think he's a bit off in his immediate emotional reaction to the play to then justify Brink's immediate benching. He had time to review the play at intermission, and still made these decisions. Did he even watch the replay? I suspect no.

Mantha cycles it around the Flyers' net. Carlson pinches to extend the play and makes a little drop pass to OV; Carlson is "activated" as he cuts across the slot; OV passes along the blue line to the LD; Carlson opens up to receive a one-timer or pass at the right circle; the shot then comes from the LD at the point; puck bounces to Carlson who put himself in a great spot; Ersson is way overplayed; Carlson wraparound; No one playing the post.

I implore you all, watch Seeler the whole time as that goal develops. Tell me why he wasn't benched. Guy is everywhere he's not supposed to be, then misses his assignment on the far post because he was chasing the puck around like a madman.

If I'm wrong on Seeler being the player to make the most mistakes on that play, then please, tell me. I'm always open to learning more hockey.
You are not wrong, that’s exactly what happened. It also illustrates why it’s not a rebuild and never was. Torts only likes try hard vets, and will suck the spirit out of any young talent.

Reactions: Flyerfan4life

pit

5th Most Improved Poster
Jun 25, 2005
Toronto

Bench Seeler and you have to play the game with 6D. That's just not feasible.

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
You play Seeler and Walker because they’re being showcased for a trade. Watching them both last night, they looked pretty lethargic out there. I wonder if they know that they’re goners. The Flyers probably put their best offers to them and the players rejected them. OK; see ya. Play ‘em and trade ‘em.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad