GDT: #61| Caps vs. Pens in a Crap Shoot|Sun, Feb. 23 12:00 High Stink|COA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icarium

Feb 16, 2010
It's pretty simple really - either we get back to the good defensive structure we had a month or so ago or we need Murray to stand on his head or Geno/Sid to go god mode in order for us to win.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Going to miss the first period of this game again...hopefully that’s better luck for them than it was yesterday...

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Letang is not playing well right now
Jack Johnson sucks
Schultz sucks
Petersson not playing well right now
Ruh sucks
Trotman laughable

I mean that has to be the worst 6 in the NHL currently

Detroit has entered the chat

Nemeth-Biega
Bowey-Green
Daley-Lindstom

Reactions: 2wayPlay

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Please don't suck again.
Some new attire if you want it. The purple is driving me crazy...:laugh:

eRZiBo8.png

Tom Hanks

Nov 10, 2017
It's pretty simple really - either we get back to the good defensive structure we had a month or so ago or we need Murray to stand on his head or Geno/Sid to go god mode in order for us to win.

Before these last 2 games in February we were only averaging 2.14 GA so you don’t need to go back too far (we also beat Washington in Feb)

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
I'm risking my afternoon counting on this game being a good one!

Going to watch the with my grand mother and aunt today.

So if the penguins lose I will not be able to partake in the --- end of the world, sky is falling, oceans rising, rivers flooding, temperature boiling, rain forests disappearing, pollution everywhere, corona virus coming --- kind of talk until later this evening.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gallatin

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Gotta step out..tried to wait for lineups but I need to get stuff done.

Please post lineup when it comes and I'll add it when I get back. TY.

Icarium

Feb 16, 2010
Before these last 2 games in February we were only averaging 2.14 GA so you don’t need to go back too far (we also beat Washington in Feb)

Yes but we weren't passing the eye test defensively in most games, Jarry and Murray were lights out quite often, and in the game in Washington the Caps missed like 3 open nets. It's great to be able to scrape wins, don't get me wrong, but at some point you are going to pay the price for the lack of structure and hustle. The team is good enough to make the playoffs with a bit of luck even with bad structure unless we are hit by more injuries but I don't think we would be going far unless we get back to what we were doing earlier in the season.

Reactions: Andy99

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Pretty anti climatic 700. In NJ and the typical pitching a tent somewhere while somebody else makes the great play of getting the puck and passing to him. At least that's over with.
What do you mean over with? The 700th goal, yes. The all-time history of being the NHL most leading goal scorer, no

It will not end until Ovi breaks it. He will not retire until he gets the goals record.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
I don't expect much from games against top competition right now with both Dumo and Marino out - everyone on the blueline has had to play over their heads and it looks like its catching up with them. If Toronto and Buffalo can ragdoll this roster, the Caps look pretty formidable.

Fingers crossed nobody else gets hurt. That's really my main concern.

Reactions: Ugene Malkin

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I'm risking my afternoon counting on this game being a good one!

Going to watch the with my grand mother and aunt today.

So if the penguins lose I will not be able to partake in the --- end of the world, sky is falling, oceans rising, rivers flooding, temperature boiling, rain forests disappearing, pollution everywhere --- kind of talk until later this evening.

you forgot the coronavirus...

Tom Hanks

Nov 10, 2017
I don't expect much from games against top competition right now with both Dumo and Marino out - everyone on the blueline has had to play over their heads and it looks like its catching up with them. If Toronto and Buffalo can ragdoll this roster, the Caps look pretty formidable.

Fingers crossed nobody else gets hurt. That's really my main concern.

Caps are 2-6-1 in February. They are looking anything but formidable

Reactions: Scandale du Jour
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad