~60min icetime

sgt Hartman

Dec 7, 2006
Moscow
a little OT. I looked up ice time records on wiki:
Most time on ice by a forward, one regular season game: Vyacheslav Kozlov (October 10, 2003), 30:00

what was the reason for playing him for half an hour in regular season game in october? :huh:

edit: looks like that it's just incorrect

Last edited:

kaiser matias

Mar 22, 2004
Seth Jones played 65:06, new NHL record...

Ridiculous

They kept saying that, but in the early years of the game players would play the entire game without leaving the ice, so someone from that era would have played more than that. Granted the circumstances are different, but it's quite misleading to say it's a new record; modern day perhaps, yes.

holy

2023-2024 Cup CHamps
May 22, 2017
Hedman showed me why he’s a legend in that OT for real. Guy is special.

**** Tampa tho.

sh724

Jun 2, 2009
Missouri
They kept saying that, but in the early years of the game players would play the entire game without leaving the ice, so someone from that era would have played more than that. Granted the circumstances are different, but it's quite misleading to say it's a new record; modern day perhaps, yes.

Time on Ice wasnt really tracked prior to 1997 so while it may or may not be the longest ever in an NHL game its the longest that was tracked

kaiser matias

Mar 22, 2004
Time on Ice wasnt really tracked prior to 1997 so while it may or may not be the longest ever in an NHL game its the longest that was tracked

Of course, and I'm fully aware I'm being pedantic here. But I find it disingenuous for these claims, when there is clearly examples from an earlier era that contradict it. They just need to add the "modern" modifier, and it would be perfectly accurate.

Sticktape

Jan 25, 2017
Seth Jones is a monster and playing 60+ minutes in a 5OT game shouldn't surprise anyone. Seriously good player and still young.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Damn, had no idea it was Zubov's record that Jones broke. That's awesome.

Not at all surprised to see him so frequently on that list though. What a workhorse he was.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad