60 homerun watch

tony d

New poll series coming from me on June 3
Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
I'd like to see one or more of them get 60 but it might to be to late for a 60 HR season.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
When Ryan Howard his 58, on August 18 he had 44. Stanton had 45 on the same day en route to hitting 59. They'd have to get on a big hot streak to make it.

Reactions: Rebels57

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
61 is still the record as far as i'm concerned so i'd love to see one of them take a run at it.

Reactions: Wrigley

zombie kopitar

custom title
Jul 3, 2009
Best Coast
When Ryan Howard his 58, on August 18 he had 44. Stanton had 45 on the same day en route to hitting 59. They'd have to get on a big hot streak to make it.
IIRC Stanton had like 2 weeks to hit like 4 homeruns to get to 60 and he just couldn't do it. A bit of a choke job. But man he was just insane around august time.
61 is still the record as far as i'm concerned so i'd love to see one of them take a run at it.
juiced balls now though...../s?

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
IIRC Stanton had like 2 weeks to hit like 4 homeruns to get to 60 and he just couldn't do it. A bit of a choke job. But man he was just insane around august time.

juiced balls now though...../s?
Just mlb being mlb. When they want more homers or less of them, they adjust the cores of the baseballs. They'll never take ownership of it, though, despite the facts, and are quite fine with the players taking all the blame when people start questioning increased hr totals. Just as long as they profit inbetween.

zombie kopitar

custom title
Jul 3, 2009
Best Coast
Just mlb being mlb. When they want more homers or less of them, they adjust the cores of the baseballs. They'll never take ownership of it, though, despite the facts, and are quite fine with the players taking all the blame when people start questioning increased hr totals. Just as long as they profit inbetween.
I thought they actually admitted last season they changed the baseball, which correlated with the HR increase. So what Verlander and a few others are claiming is they changed it even more this year and they aren't admitting it...?

robert terwilliger

the bart, the
Nov 14, 2005
sw florida
manfred has said that the ball is "still within the manufacturing specifications set by the league."

the problem is that mlb owns rawlings now so they can do whatever they want. and when every player in the league is hitting 20+ homeruns, it's pretty obvious that they've fooled around with the ball.

MurrayBannerman

I post about baseball on a hockey forum
Feb 18, 2012
CHI
manfred has said that the ball is "still within the manufacturing specifications set by the league."

the problem is that mlb owns rawlings now so they can do whatever they want. and when every player in the league is hitting 20+ homeruns, it's pretty obvious that they've fooled around with the ball.
I'm more of a Wilson guy anyways.

robert terwilliger

the bart, the
Nov 14, 2005
sw florida
I'm more of a Wilson guy anyways.

8qvJ9T0.jpg

oddly enough, these probably have better seams.

Reactions: MurrayBannerman

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad