60 Goals for Drai?

Will Draisaitl score 60 Goals & win Rocket Richard this season?

• Total voters

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
You honestly believe that a 36 year old Ovi is more sustainable than 26 year old Draisaitl? I think on pure age alone Draisaitl has a better chance to maintain his offense as the 82 game season goes along.

It's also pretty weird logic to suggest that:

Normally
Ovi starts slow --> finishes hot
must mean that this year
Ovi starts hot --> finishes hotter

I 100% believe that Ovechkin's goal-scoring pace is more sustainable, yes. The proof is in the pudding as they say. Ovechkin has the track record. He's won 7 of the last 9 rockets, and 1 of the ones he missed (last year) was largely because he was injured often. I think there were legitimate question marks going into this season if Ovechkin should again be favorite for the rocket or not - he's older, he had an off year last year, etc. But at this point - considering how solid he's been, I think those question marks are gone.

Ovechkin is the one to beat for the Rocket, and the favorite until proven otherwise.

I don't think Ovechkin's point scoring pace is sustainable at all this year, but I have more faith in him for goal-scoring than Draisaitl. It's just common sense imo to call him the favorite still.

Also - about him finishing hotter, I didn't say that. I said usually it's in start of seasons he struggles, and he has to catch up in the rocket race. The fact that he started out strong bodes well I think for an even stronger goal-scoring season by him.

Drai can score 60 goals. He also can win a rocket. I just don't think he does either of those things this year.

Lastly - I'd be shocked if Matthews didn't make the Rocket a 3-horse race before season end. I could see him going on a streak soon. Still going to favor Ovechkin for the win though

Reactions: Skate2Stick

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad