GDT: #60 | Devils vs. Capitals 7pm | Groundhog day edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN
Didn't see anyone claim a GDT for this and we're an hour out from game time - might as well attach my name to the loss.

Einstein2.JPG

Even Lehner can't believe it.

a76240f0-d783-11e5-977f-9761f54cc8db_Screen-Shot-2016-02-19-at-10-13-59-PM.png.cf.jpg

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
We should be able to win at least one of these games against the Capitals this year, since they're not the Islanders or Maple Leafs. And we've even beat the Islanders once this year, so we can probably win at least one against the Capitals. Right?

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
#FreeSeverson

Yes please!

I can already see next game. We make a change on defense. Helgeson comes out, Gelinas comes in.:rant:

And why were the forwards a game time decision? Who the hell would Ruutu play over? I'm gonna predict Boucher, if he does play over anyone.:help:

Carl33

Aug 25, 2007
Since Severson is nearly a rookie, I'm not so worried about him being bealthy scratch 1 game if the coach want to send a message...but its more than one game now...

With the low ice time he get and the healty scratch later, I Wonder if Hynes dislike him...Severson looked like a massive gem last year...sophomore slumb or lack of coach confidence?

Deborer would probably like him again with the sharks! will Severson get traded or what?

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
Since Severson is nearly a rookie, I'm not so worried about him being bealthy scratch 1 game if the coach want to send a message...but its more than one game now...

With the low ice time he get and the healty scratch later, I Wonder if Hynes dislike him...Severson looked like a massive gem last year...sophomore slumb or lack of coach confidence?

Deborer would probably like him again with the sharks! will Severson get traded or what?

Sophomore slump. And by that I mean he hasn't really taken that next step, but he hasn't been horrific either. He's still super young though, so I have no worries about him. And no he most likely won't be traded.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Sophomore slump. And by that I mean he hasn't really taken that next step, but he hasn't been horrific either. He's still super young though, so I have no worries about him. And no he most likely won't be traded.

There is no slump, he absolutely is a better defender this year than last. By a pretty wide margin.

Plenty of numbers to prove it, plenty to see with eye to confirm it.

Brooklyndevil

Jun 24, 2005
Freehold, NJ USA
Something is up. Either Severson is hurt or he's in trade talks. He looks like a polite and respectful kid, I doubt he said something to really piss off Hynes. Hey, you never know but I just don't see it.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Severson is actually in and Merrill is out....that's some ******** right there. Merrill played very well last night.

GeNeXt

Jul 5, 2012
Severson is actually in and Merrill is out....that's some ******** right there. Merrill played very well last night.

I agree. If anything swap him with Helgy. I guess Hynes wants Helgeson's physical presence.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
There is no slump, he absolutely is a better defender this year than last. By a pretty wide margin.

Plenty of numbers to prove it, plenty to see with eye to confirm it.

I don't think he's improved by a wide margin, but small improvements yes. Which is more than a lot of people have given him credit for around here. He has shown plenty of flashes of a number 1 defenseman in my eye, he just needs to tidy his play in the defensive zone. But a lot of the plays he's been getting burned on can fixed simply through experience, it's not from a lack of IQ or a skating deficiency. He just needs to get more and more comfortable with the speed of the NHL game and he'll be fine.

Something is up. Either Severson is hurt or he's in trade talks. He looks like a polite and respectful kid, I doubt he said something to really piss off Hynes. Hey, you never know but I just don't see it.

I don't think it's either. It's not out of the norm for a coach to sit a young player like Severson for him to learn and watch the game from a different perspective. Of course I'd rather Severson play as much as he can but this is a marathon not a sprint. Big picture in mind, this may be good for Sevs.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Who the hell is Ruutu in for?

Farnham?

Are we trying to lose?

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011

Where are you guys seeing Severson is in and Merrill is out?

I see Merill being in and Severson out according to the line rushes in warm ups from Gulitti.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
I agree. If anything swap him with Helgy. I guess Hynes wants Helgeson's physical presence.

The thing is this is a contract year for Merrill, it's not even close for Helgeson and Severson....I would be freaking irate if I were Merrill.

RSeen

Oct 26, 2011
Toronto
Who the hell is Ruutu in for?

Farnham?

Are we trying to lose?

The 4th line is not going to be the reason we lose, they have been doing absolutely nothing productive lately, this change won't cause us to lose so the people who start blaming Ruutu should find another scapegoat.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
The 4th line is not going to be the reason we lose, they have been doing absolutely nothing productive lately, this change won't cause us to lose so the people who start blaming Ruutu should find another scapegoat.

Nah, it's definitely all Ruutu's fault. Ruutu is Finnish for lose.:sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad