GDT: #60 | Colorado Avalanche @ New York Islanders | February 8th | 7:00pm | F/L 5-2

LedHammer

Nov 24, 2009
Patchogue, NY
If we had goaltending we would be a playoff team.

You can only blame Cappy for so much when he has no goalie.

I agree we would be contending for a playoff spot with better goaltending but I can't say we'd definitely be a playoff team unless you're telling me that goalie was having a Vezina season. We also have a paper thin defense. I put that blame on Snow. But with that said I've also seen enough of Cappy at this point to know he's also a part of the problem as well. And if you like Cappy or not, last night is not the way any coach should want his team to play every night.

BillD

Feb 12, 2004
Bernier, Schneider, Khudobin all at .927 SV%.
These are the three we should have had a laser beam on with one getting signed.
I know all the barriers to getting Bernier or Schneider, but there was none for Khudobin.
The need was imperative, Snow needed to find a way.

bigd

Jul 27, 2003
I know all the barriers to getting Bernier or Schneider, but there was none for Khudobin.
You would think that Snow, being a former goaltender, could identify #1 goalie and go after him. But he's like the guy shopping in Walmart looking for high end products at discount prices.

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012

I would believe that any of these goalies would not be at the stat level they are at if with NYI.
There were times this season where a guy like eaton or Jurcina could have helped. That's pretty bad

MaryChristine*

If we had goaltending we would be a playoff team.

You can only blame Cappy for so much when he has no goalie.

There's a long list of things to blame cappy for, Including but not limited to:

-Not knowing how to use timeouts- I can still see Babcock's face... like it was yesterday.
-Not knowing how to handle our youth- from Nino to Strome... he's awful with them and does not trust them, but would rather over expose guys like regin, bouchard and macdonald just because their veterans.
-Not taking over this horrendous PP- Can you see any qualified head coach letting his team go 0/32 on the pp? No Effing Way
-Not... clearly not motivating these guys. I strongly feel if we had a coach like Laviolette, this team would be way better off. Don't you?

We don't blame Cappy for the things he can't control.. Just for the things he can

OlTimeHockey

Dec 5, 2003
home

watch out neutral zone turnovers and defensive zone turnovers, missed checks, screening, bad passes up the boards, giveaways, zero protection of the crease, passes up the side of the net and in front of the net, bad clearing attempts and so on.....

Then tell me either of those three goalies will have similar stats.

You fix the defense and our own goalies look better. THEN, maybe....any of those three would have similar numbers. You dress any of the above three and we are asking for a REAL goalie within a year if our defense and coaching has them bombarded with shots and screens and so on.

We need a LEGIT number one d-man, a number two and a number four to replace AMac, we need Viz to be a third pairing like Hickey and then.....we can judge our goalies.

bigd

Jul 27, 2003
watch out neutral zone turnovers and defensive zone turnovers, missed checks, screening, bad passes up the boards, giveaways, zero protection of the crease, passes up the side of the net and in front of the net, bad clearing attempts and so on.....

Then tell me either of those three goalies will have similar stats.

You fix the defense and our own goalies look better. THEN, maybe....any of those three would have similar numbers. You dress any of the above three and we are asking for a REAL goalie within a year if our defense and coaching has them bombarded with shots and screens and so on.

We need a LEGIT number one d-man, a number two and a number four to replace AMac, we need Viz to be a third pairing like Hickey and then.....we can judge our goalies.
You would have to be blind if you think those three couldn't do a better job in net than Nabby. I'm not saying we don't have other issues but goaltending is our #1 issue that needs to be addressed this off season.

Felix Unger

Aug 2, 2005
I would believe that any of these goalies would not be at the stat level they are at if with NYI.
There were times this season where a guy like eaton or Jurcina could have helped. That's pretty bad

Yeah, that Toronto D is bad a**. ;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad