GDT: #60 | Colorado Avalanche @ New York Islanders | February 8th | 7:00pm | F/L 5-2

tag0519

Jan 28, 2013
Avalanche at Islanders
February 8 2014, 7:00 PM
Nassau Coliseum
TV: MSG Plus

Records:
New York: 59 GP, 22-29-8, 52 points. 8th place Metro division, 14th in Eastern Conference
Colorado 57 GP, 36-16-5, 77 points. 3rd place Central division, 5th in Western Conference

Previous result:

New York: 4-2 loss against the Flames
Colorado: 3-1 loss against the Flyers

Colorado lines:
Gabriel Landeskog - Paul Stastny - P.A. Parenteau
Ryan O'Reilly - Matt Duchene - Jamie McGinn
Max Talbot - Nathan Mackinnon - John Mitchell
Cody McLeod - Marc-Andre Cliche - Patrick Bordeleau

Jan Hejda - Erik Johnson
Nick Holden - Tyson Barrie
Andre Benoit - Nate Guenin

Semyon Varlamov
Jean-Sebastien Giguere

Injured:
Alex Tanguay

Islanders lines:

Thomas Vanek - John Tavares - Kyle Okposo
Michael Grabner - Frans Nielsen - Josh Bailey
Colin McDonald - Brock Nelson - Cal Clutterbuck
Matt Carkner - Casey Cizikas - Matt Martin

Andrew MacDonald - Brian Strait
Travis Hamonic - Calvin de Haan
Lubomir Visnovsky - Thomas Hickey

Evgeni Nabokov
Kevin Poulin

Injured:

Individual Stats:
Colorado Goals: MacKinnon, O'Reilly - 21
Colorado Assists: Duchene - 31
Colorado Points: Duchene - 48
Colorado +/-: Landeskog- +13
Colorado Hits: Hejda - 127
Colorado Blocked Shots: Hejda - 98
Colorado PIM: McLeod - 97
Colorado GAA: Giguere- 2.47
Colorado Save %: Varlamov -.924

Islanders Goals: Okposo - 24
Islanders Assists: Tavares - 42
Islanders Points: Tavares - 65
Islanders +/-: Vanek - +7
Islanders Hits: Matt Martin - 275
Islanders Blocked Shots: Andrew MacDonald - 190
Islanders PIM: Matt Carkner - 95
Islanders GAA: Evgeni Nabokov - 2.73
Islanders Save %: Evgeni Nabokov - .909

Team Stats:
Colorado G/G: 2.91 (6th)
Colorado GA/G: 2.60 (14th)
Colorado PK%: 82.1 (14th)
Colorado PP%: 19.3 (12th)
Colorado PIM: 625 (15th)
Colorado S/G: 29.4 (21st)
Colorado SA/G: 32.3 (25th)
Colorado FO%: 49.6 (18th)

Islanders G/G: 2.64 (17th)
Islanders GA/G: 3.24 (29th)
Islanders PK%: 77.3 (30th)
Islanders PP%: 16.1 (22nd)
Islanders PIM: 635 (17th)
Islanders S/G: 30.6 (14th)
Islanders SA/G: 30.4 (18th)
Islanders FO%: 47.3 (27th)

Last edited:

tag0519

Jan 28, 2013
The Avs are sneaky tough. Honestly I don't see us winning - which means ..... Isles 4, Avs 2

Not sure who Hammer is playing with. I'm assuming CdH but I left it blank. Will fix it when I find out for sure

IslesRock4

Ever Forward
Jul 21, 2007
Long Island
Guessing Donovan will be the odd man out on D.

BTW - you have Poulin and Nilsson as the goalies! And the 2nd line is Grabner-Nielsen-Clutterbuck, 3rd is Bailey-Nelson-McDonald. And 4th line LW will certainly be Boulton and not Carkner, I hope!

tag0519

Jan 28, 2013
Guessing Donovan will be the odd man out on D.

BTW - you have Poulin and Nilsson as the goalies! And the 2nd line is Grabner-Nielsen-Clutterbuck, 3rd is Bailey-Nelson-McDonald. And 4th line LW will certainly be Boulton and not Carkner, I hope!

Good grief - Nilsson. Feels like so long ago he was in goal. Thanks IslesRock for catching that. I'll update the lines tomorrow. Who knows whats going to go down with this team.

Bunk Moreland

Mar 16, 2010
Long Island
Tickets were cheaper earlier today but went back up to almost $20 hoping the price drops.. Either way I'm headed to the game big fan of Colorado's youngsters should be fun.

Ziggy16

Mar 1, 2005
Isles wearing Outdoor Game Jersey tonight and for 2 more games this year, NHL gave special permission for it (black jerseys done for year)

Strummergas

Regular User
Sep 3, 2006
Queens, NY
Isles wearing Outdoor Game Jersey tonight and for 2 more games this year, NHL gave special permission for it (black jerseys done for year)

And hopefully forever.

This game feels like your last day of work before going on a two week vacation; you kind of want to get it over with already because you REALLY need a break from your job. I'm looking forward to the 2 and a half week NHL layoff so I can get this team and this season's disappointments out of my system. When they return, I'll be able to watch the games with a fresh perspective and an eye on the future (which is what I've done for the last 8 years now).

BillD

Feb 12, 2004
Beginning of February and we're playing meaningless games. Can't believe how disinterested I am in this one.
Really. Just watching to appreciate JT, KO improving stats, Nelson and CdH add experience.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
Really. Just watching to appreciate JT, KO improving stats, Nelson and CdH add experience.

Plus Strome earning his spot on the team the rest of the season. Nelson and CdH have arrived and are already big parts of the team. Strome needs to establish himself after he's back after the Olympics.

I hope Hamonic can have a strong finish and do it mostly paired with CdH. I want the two of them practically glued to eachother for the next several years.

Donovan progressing and Anders Lee possibly getting an audition would also be really nice.

Levi Walking Bear

Very Interesting
Oct 8, 2009
Anywhere
Nordiques Nation will be at Nassau tonight 500 persons made the trip this time.

I feel for Nordiques Nation, my mother was from Quebec City, I was actually born there and when my mother would go home to visit, we would go to Nordiques games. Even saw a game there when the Islanders won and Anders Kallur had a hat trick.

bigd

Jul 27, 2003
Donovan was sent down today, so Hamonic will be back in the lineup and paired with CdH. Awesome.

Nabokov in goal.
Donovan has not really impressed me at all. Sure his offensive instincts are good but his defense is awful. If he was partnered with anyone else besides DeHaan it would be more obvious. He's small, he's not particularly fast, and he's gets caught out of position way too often.

DeanCrandall

Jan 29, 2013
If we win tonight do we get to talk about our playoff chances during the whole Olympic break ?

Levi Walking Bear

Very Interesting
Oct 8, 2009
Anywhere
It's called the de-MONIC pairing because they wreak death and destruction on opposing forwards. Tsk, tsk. ;)

Isn't it nice to watch a real pair of defenseman playing on the Islanders for a change? Would finally like to see our wonderful coaching staff turn Calvin loose on the powerplay, The time has come to take advantage of all that fantastic hockey sense.

Speaking of D, going to post about Reinhart from his game last night but in the prospect section.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad