GDT: [#6] Washington Capitals at Dallas Stars, 7:00 PM CST (FS-SW) DEFCON 3

Sports2

smack my bisch up
Jul 1, 2018
Someone start a thread on the main board about Jim Lites being right. If everyone recognizes how terrible we actually are they can’t sweep this slow start under the rug. Maybe we can speak it into existence.

Sports2

smack my bisch up
Jul 1, 2018
not really. He blamed two players and not the team that was poorly built.
He was so naive to call it the "deepest' team they've had.
He pretty much said this team has no leadership and doesn’t care. Which is still very much spot on.

Reactions: The Dallas Jims

Blindsummit

Jun 3, 2017
Alberta
The team has no identity whatsoever. They’re just a huge clump of mediocre
Monty said it himself, there is a culture of mediocrity at the club. It was there before he arrived. So where does that culture originate from? Who protects that culture?

MilesNewton

Jul 7, 2019
The team has no identity whatsoever. They’re just a huge clump of mediocre
They have some of the best players in the NHL and the a couple of very talented young guys. So where should they really be at this point in the season?

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Seriously if you told me Hintz had 5 points and Janmark 4 after 6 games i would've thought the team started the season with several convincing wins but nope Benn , Klingberg , Pavelski , Radulov and Seguin have mostly been all bad. Those 5 are expected to be the scoring leaders on the team and are paid like it. Just haven't done shit.

ZeHockeyFan

Apr 9, 2014

Lites is a f***ing idiot. Bet he wouldn't have said the same thing about his idiot of a GM and his equally idiotic scouting unit.

SourTemplePilot

Go Stars!!
Oct 10, 2017
Dallas, TX
They already have the better brother.

CourteousEnergeticKitfox-size_restricted.gif

Reactions: Henderson33

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I just don't get why Benn has been playing so passively for 2 years now. He played almost 20 minutes has 1 shot . As much i want to rag on Radulov at least he was noticeable even if he really f***ed up alot.

Seguin was especially bad tonight for what he's supposed to be .

Honestly in games like this the coaching staff really should bench some of the highly paid guys. They're doing jackshit and still just get thrown out again and again anyway.

Just play the guys who try hard every shift if the big guns don't want to bother .

Last edited:

MilesNewton

Jul 7, 2019
I just don't get why Benn has been playing so passively for 2 years now. He played almost 20 minutes has 1 shot . As much i want to rag on Radulov at least he was noticeable even if he really ****ed up alot.

Seguin was especially bad tonight for what he's supposed to be .
Never know maybe they both have distractions outside of the game? You never know what can mentally distract a person. They both received their big payday and maybe that's gotten into their head?

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Lites was very right and very wrong. He was right about the fact the Stars appear to have made two big mistakes with the Benn and Seguin contracts, but my god was he ever wrong when he tried to heap praise on Nill and the rest of the roster.

Benn is no longer special, and his contract is terrible. Most surprising is how he’s lost his hands. Don’t know why his shot and touch with the puck are gone.

Pavelski isn’t very good. Even when he does some things well, his immobility holds him back. This contract looks bad already.

Radulov looks like he aged several years over the summer. How he went from the best season of his career to this is amazing, but he’s entered his mid 30s. Maybe it’s just a slow start. Maybe it’s the beginning of age catching up with him.

Klingberg can’t get his shot on net. He’s struggling with the puck a lot. I think he needs to get his teeth fixed. Don’t know why, but it can’t hurt. Of all of these guys, he’s the one I worry about the least. He’ll come around.

Seguin is looking like a bad investment at $10 million a season for weak perimeter play from a guy who has clearly lost a step. He might not even be in the top five fastest guys on his own team. He’s not a threat coming up ice at all like he used to be. His hands are still nice, but he’s turning into a dude who is only useful for his one timer.

That’s most all of the non-goalie cap space giving you absolutely nothing to start the season. Nill has given the next GM a terrible situation to inherit with some of these contracts.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Seguin is definitely not in the top 5 for fastest skaters. Hintz, Janmark, Heiskanen, Klingberg, Cogliano. Gurianov when he’s on the roster. Probably Radulov and Dickinson. Maybe even Faksa.

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
Lites was very right and very wrong. He was right about the fact the Stars appear to have made two big mistakes with the Benn and Seguin contracts, but my god was he ever wrong when he tried to heap praise on Nill and the rest of the roster.

Benn is no longer special, and his contract is terrible. Most surprising is how he’s lost his hands. Don’t know why his shot and touch with the puck are gone.

Pavelski isn’t very good. Even when he does some things well, his immobility holds him back. This contract looks bad already.

Radulov looks like he aged several years over the summer. How he went from the best season of his career to this is amazing, but he’s entered his mid 30s. Maybe it’s just a slow start. Maybe it’s the beginning of age catching up with him.

Klingberg can’t get his shot on net. He’s struggling with the puck a lot. I think he needs to get his teeth fixed. Don’t know why, but it can’t hurt. Of all of these guys, he’s the one I worry about the least. He’ll come around.

Seguin is looking like a bad investment at $10 million a season for weak perimeter play from a guy who has clearly lost a step. He might not even be in the top five fastest guys on his own team. He’s not a threat coming up ice at all like he used to be. His hands are still nice, but he’s turning into a dude who is only useful for his one timer.

That’s most all of the non-goalie cap space giving you absolutely nothing to start the season. Nill has given the next GM a terrible situation to inherit with some of these contracts.

I remember before we signed Seguin I really thought it might be a good time for the Stars to just move him in the offseason and kick start the rebuild due to missing the playoffs twice. Having two guys signed in the mid-high 9M range never seems to work when they are going to be past their prime (Doughty/Kopitar, Toews/Kane).

I think our re-signing Seguin and the playoff run may have given us a bunch of false hope. I thought we looked alright for the first two games and the Calgary game, but my fear is we are just going to be a step behind all year long losing these close games. We might be back to the 12th-15th place Stars.

Sports2

smack my bisch up
Jul 1, 2018

Nills hands were tied with the Benn contract. You could have let Seguin walk but who steps up and replaces him? If he walks you almost certainly miss the playoffs. You could have traded Benn after letting Seguin walk and rebuilt but that’s stupid and would never have happened.
I really don’t even mind Seguins contract if the Stars are going to try to stay competitive but I would be trying like a bitch to get out from under Benns and hope someone would bite on him bouncing back.

Azzuri

Feb 6, 2017
I've said it before but Seguin used to be one of the fastest guys in the league. What happened? Focused his offseason training too much on his one timer?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad