GDT: #6 | Panthers at FLYERS | Tue. Oct. 17, 7:00 pm ET| NBCSP, FS-F

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redpath

Sep 30, 2011
As frustrating as it is to see Sanheim scratched there at least is plenty to root for on the individual level. Giroux, Voracek, Couturier, and Gostisbehere all having strong starts has me really excited moving forward. Especially Ghost, I'd love nothing more than for him to have a monster year and prove doubters wrong after his sophomore "slump."

Another guy I can't help but root for is Weal. I know he has become a polarizing joke on here, but how great would it be for him to become a regular contributor after being traded for the hefty package of Luke Schenn and Vinny Lecavalier?

Reactions: BernieParent

dats81

Jan 22, 2011
Carinthia, AUT
Hakstol being Hakstol. Now that they sent Morin down he decides the lineup needs more toughness on the blueline which gives him a reason to dress Manning :ha:

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
Weal has quietly put up 4 points in 5 games. They've done a really great job developing his game down in Ahl.

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
This game will be a lot harder for the boys tonite. Caps were tired and no d left on the team with a backup. We kicked ass like we should have and that's great. Here we go flyers.

JXC

#ThisAintXbox #ThisAintMightyDucks #FireHakstol
Dec 28, 2005
Should be a good one.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Sanheim should be playing because it's better for the team long term. Whether the Flyers had lost both games Manning started as this forum predicted, or the reality where they won both games, Sanheim should be playing regardless.

Last edited:

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
My thing is, if your going to half-ass Sanheim, you might as well just send him down. No reason for him to play and then be scratched and then play again when the scratching has nothing to do with play. Him sitting in the press box doesn't help him.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Starting to get to serious log-jam territory on defense... really though problem is Manning over Sanheim... Manning is pretty ideal as 7D.

if Sanheim was sent down for example Phantoms would have:

Morin-Myers
Sanheim-Friedman
Brennan-Willcox
O'Neill-Alt

Going to be the same for forwards in LHV too when Bardreau and McDonald are back... which should be pretty soon.

Depth is nice... and helps with injuries, but just on the cusp of having maybe a player too many both at Fwd and D in organisation.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
If Sanheim was sent down for any length of time, a guy like Alt would have to come up to be the extra dman.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Look, sitting him isn't enough. Let's put him back on the right side where he's not the same player. What the hell would that lineup be?

Probably Gudas sitting... only thing that really makes sense from past Hakstol ideas! Unless break-up Provorov and AMac and move AMac to LD with Sanheum, have Gudas with Provorov.

Provorov-AMac
Ghost-Hagg
Manning-Sanheim

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Look, sitting him isn't enough. Let's put him back on the right side where he's not the same player. What the hell would that lineup be? Besides Hell.

I agree he's better offensively on the left, but if you ever want to see Morin as a regular the price might be Sanheim on the right side. Would anyone be mad if this was the top 6 next year?

Provorov-Gudas
Ghost-Hagg
Morin-Sanheim

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
If it got Morin into the lineup, it makes it a hell of a lot more palatable. At least I would understand, but I still prefer the development of the better propsect be prioritized.

Probably Gudas sitting... only thing that really makes sense from past Hakstol ideas! Unless break-up Provorov and AMac and move AMac to LD with Sanheum, have Gudas with Provorov.

Provorov-AMac
Ghost-Hagg
Manning-Sanheim

Gudas sitting was what my gut said, but my brain ran screaming in an attempt to keep a firm grasp of sanity.

Do you really believe that if AMac-Sanheim was a pairing, MacDonald could be on the left? I didn't even consider that. Oh god, you made it worse. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad