GDT: #6| New York Islanders @ Vegas Golden Knights | October 24th | 10:00 PM | F/W 2-0

scott99

May 13, 2005
The good: Sorokin standing on his head and the Isles creating a good few quality chances. Winning on an average night

the bad: still not playing well really. Giving up way too many shots and chances against. Ceding far too much possession to the other team. 2nd period they were outplayed
Yeah, giving up 35 shots a game through 6 games I believe. Definitely not sustainable. I know it sounds ridiculous after giving up 4 goals in the last 4 games, but need to tighten up on defense.

Sorokin, as great as he was last year, he’s been on another level this year, especially the last 4 games. Last 4 games he’s 3-0-1 with a 0.99 goals against, and a .971 save percentage. Just insane goaltending . And it’s not like he’s not facing a lot of shots, opponents are averaging 35 shots against per game.

IslesCLT

Apr 25, 2019
Charlotte
Sorokins outlandish performance aside, Bailey made two strong plays to get the Islanders two goals needed to win this game. Bailey was deserving of a number #2 star of the game and quietly takes over the team lead in points.
Yeah, I agree with the Nelson and Palmieri criticism but Bailey and Beau are fine.

Strummergas

Regular User
Sep 3, 2006
Queens, NY
Yeah, I agree with the Nelson and Palmieri criticism but Bailey and Beau are fine.

Players are starting to come on. Bailey started slow, but looked better the last 2 games. Nelson looks great at some moments, and then terrible at others. Palms is trying, but short of the goal that came back against Arizona, he hasn't been effective. It'll come.

Tres Peleches

Johnny Turncoat
Jul 13, 2011
Players are starting to come on. Bailey started slow, but looked better the last 2 games. Nelson looks great at some moments, and then terrible at others. Palms is trying, but short of the goal that came back against Arizona, he hasn't been effective. It'll come.
Honestly, the first line has looked pretty good all year. AMAZING at times, ok at others. But I liked what Palms brought to that line

with that being said, if Bailey is more effective on line one, Palms may be a better fit for line two because he’s a good drive to the net guy, which that line doesn’t REALLY have

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
Gunna take weeks to get this team up to speed -- Ill predict full throttle performance starting 2nd week in November

Reactions: bigtim1988

hunter7isles

Feb 22, 2007
Not sure how much people appreciate how difficult this road trip is going to be and has already been. I understand that expectations are high for this year, but let's be realistic about this 13 game starting stretch on the road. Things should get much better after that once we open up our new arena in front of our raucous fan base for 60% of the remainder of games.

crasherino

May 9, 2013
Re Pelech....Staple reported that Trotz said that he got hit by a shot and his finger went numb. Not much of a concern. \

Glad he's got a few days to rest it now.

Reactions: MJF

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
Not sure how much people appreciate how difficult this road trip is going to be and has already been. I understand that expectations are high for this year, but let's be realistic about this 13 game starting stretch on the road. Things should get much better after that once we open up our new arena in front of our raucous fan base for 60% of the remainder of games.
Yup, 60%. Or to put it another way, after the opening 13 game stretch is over they'll have 41 games at home and 28 on the road. And 7 of those road games are in a stretch of consecutive road games in the first half of April. So basically half of their road games are in two chunks of 13 and 7.

crasherino

May 9, 2013
That probably left a mark.
He's a hockey player....having a numb finger is called Tuesday. If my finger went numb, I'd probably have 3 orthos and vascular surgeon on speed dial.

Depends which finger, I guess. I'm a lefty - but I open my beers with my right index finger usually.

Chardo

Apr 27, 2007
This team might win 35 home games. That place will be packed every night with a deafening crowd. It will be a rock the barn playoff atmosphere. Getting through this road trip at a point per game will be huge.

Reactions: bigtim1988

Riseonfire

Josh Bailey! GAME ONE, TO THE ISLAND!!!
Nov 8, 2009
He's a hockey player....having a numb finger is called Tuesday. If my finger went numb, I'd probably have 3 orthos and vascular surgeon on speed dial.

Depends which finger, I guess. I'm a lefty - but I open my beers with my right index finger usually.

We must protect that finger.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC

If it was my middle finger I wouldn’t be able to drive in New York anymore. You can’t drive around here without a middle finger.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
If it was my middle finger I wouldn’t be able to drive in New York anymore. You can’t drive around here without a middle finger.
Sounds like Montreal.

In Toronto the traffic has gotten so bad you can have a five minutes conversation in sign language with the guy cutting you off.

Usually about what's wrong with the Leafs.

Reactions: MJF

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad