Prospect Info: //#6// HFStars 2014 Top-20

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hull Fan

The Future is Now
Mar 21, 2007
Arlington, TX
He is ways away though. Have him probably lower than most as I don't like ranking Goalie prospects high, they are only valuable as Starters. So far he has only had one year post draft, no way of knowing what he is going to be at this point. When he plays well in the A or is Gibson like in juniors I will have him in the top 10.

Also curious why you think he has the best season of any of our prospects? Why not Ritchie, Klingberg, Shore or Nemeth?

Honestly from a sheer numbers perspective Ully might win on a who did the most considering list. He had 72 points in 69 games. The next closer scorer on the team had 45 points in 73 games. Ully was over a point per game on the 2nd worst team in the WHL.

Desrosiers deserves a lot of credit but he had a credible team in front of him. Ully did not.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Shore again. I don't think NHL readiness of Nemeth, who I love, trumps potential of Honka or Bystrom.

Nemeth is still to me a defensive defender with decent puck skills. Honka and Bystrom both have scoring potential which is harder to find and develop.

Pollock at some point has to start getting in the conversation. Dickinson was more of a polished player when Dallas drafted him. He had already had a great two way game according to many ... Most importantly Starry in my book. His biggest issue was consistency.

The Benn comparison by Laxdall is intriguing. Pollock is coming out of no where from a two point or whatever it was season to 50+ to a PPG player in the playoffs. Maybe it's not that far fetched he could be an 80 point guy next year. He'll be an interesting one to watch.

I think he's behind a few more people for right now though.

Dr GLU

Mar 1, 2002
Northern Hemisphere
How are the expectations borderline ridiculous? Some people value ceiling over NHL readiness, so rankings are always going to be subjective. Klingberg had a great season against men, but has the question mark of playing in NA. Nemeth has played in the NA and NHL but has a much lower ceiling. Shore hasn't played in the pros yet so he's just as much a ceiling prospect as Klingberg.

I'm sure John will survive us ranking him a #5 prospect, and I'm sure Hf will survive if Nemeth/Shore pan out better than him.

If you're going to make the ceiling argument, then you should be voting for Honka. Klingberg's ceiling isn't at Honka's level. I would even argue they're equally proven when it comes to NHL readiness. Klingberg has quality pro experience mainly on international ice, but Honka thrived on NA ice.

MetalGodAOD*

If you're going to make the ceiling argument, then you should be voting for Honka. Klingberg's ceiling isn't at Honka's level. I would even argue they're equally proven when it comes to NHL readiness. Klingberg has quality pro experience mainly on international ice, but Honka thrived on NA ice.

Why does it have to be one or the other? Some people only care about ceiling or NHL readiness, but most are going to rank prospects considering both those mediums. Once again, everyone's going to have different metrics on which they rank a prospect.

Honka has more ceiling but no proof against men, like Klingberg does. Klingberg currently has a nice mix of offensive ceiling with production in a men's league, which puts him above Honka in my rankings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad