|
2010​
|
5th​
|
|
50.9​

MetalGodAOD*

Lol at Klingberg up 14. He wasn't even in my top 20 last season. Amazing what a year can do.

shore for 6.

Padawan

Former power tripper
Dec 31, 2002
Jyvaskyla, Finland
www.jypht.fi
I maybe a little biased, I can admit that, but now it's just gotta be Honka. Puck moving, points producing and very intelligent defenders doesn't grow on trees. Sure, he is small for a hockey player but he can position on the ice very well and with his skating ability he can avoid danger, most of the time. He has to improve his defending and he needs to bulk up. Soon he will be one of the best offensive defenders, despite his size.

MBTendy

May 6, 2009
Honka, Shore and Nemeth my next 3 in that order. Honka has crazy amount of potential who I believe will be better than Klingberg one day

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary
I maybe a little biased, I can admit that, but now it's just gotta be Honka. Puck moving, points producing and very intelligent defenders doesn't grow on trees. Sure, he is small for a hockey player but he can position on the ice very well and with his skating ability he can avoid danger, most of the time. He has to improve his defending and he needs to bulk up. Soon he will be one of the best offensive defenders, despite his size.

Agree with this. Honka has so much potential. Amazing puck skills, great hockey IQ, RH shot, and isn't that bad defensively considering his size.

Nemeth and shore are safer picks, but when it comes to skill Honka is ahead of both

Johno

We deserve it
Oct 30, 2013
With all his skill and hockey IQ he should be easy top 5 prospect, but our prospect pool is so damn deep right now that he fell out of the top 5.

Now is definitely time for some Honk-a Tonk! ;)

Starry Knight

Tele-Wyatt
Jun 9, 2013
KW
I would have put Nemeth above Klingberg myself. The guy's already a 4/5 defenceman in the mould of Dillon. I want to see how Klingberg adjusts to NA before ranking him so highly.

Primetimey*

Even as someone who has like Klingberg a long time, you guys are putting some borderline ridiculous expectations on him.

Ever since last year training camp and the quotes he got, he became the best thing ever because the coaches said he has Karlsson attributes.

MetalGodAOD*

How are the expectations borderline ridiculous? Some people value ceiling over NHL readiness, so rankings are always going to be subjective. Klingberg had a great season against men, but has the question mark of playing in NA. Nemeth has played in the NA and NHL but has a much lower ceiling. Shore hasn't played in the pros yet so he's just as much a ceiling prospect as Klingberg.

I'm sure John will survive us ranking him a #5 prospect, and I'm sure Hf will survive if Nemeth/Shore pan out better than him.

Hull Fan

The Future is Now
Mar 21, 2007
Arlington, TX
Shore then Nemeth. Honka will get voted in here though I think he's high on this list then things get interesting with Bystrom, Ully, Faska, and McKenzie.

Anyone got a strong opinion on the next four wingers after the above grouping? Elie, Troock, Stransky and Pollock? Ignoring the defenders and Desrosiers for a moment how would you rank these four and why?

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
I have Stransky pretty high. He was 7th in last year's voting and had a positive development season taking steps forward. Of course he's sort of swimming against the current in terms of the massive amount of prospect depth.

Captain Awesome

Mar 29, 2008
Long Beach, CA
I've been voting Shore since #3, looks like I can finally stop voting for him. I like his mix of hockey IQ, playmaking, and his improvements in skating. I'm also impressed that he plays on a crappy team and is, by far, the best producer on it. Those are signs of a special player IMO. I'm having a hard time deciding between Nemeth or Honka next. Honka has the higher ceiling, but Nemeth is ready. In fact, it took me a couple votes to realize he was even still on the prospect list.

Ambassador Of Fun

Jun 23, 2010
We haven't even discussed the guy who probably had the best season of any of our prospects last year, Desrosiers.

Rune Forumwalker

May 11, 2006
Anyone got a strong opinion on the next four wingers after the above grouping? Elie, Troock, Stransky and Pollock? Ignoring the defenders and Desrosiers for a moment how would you rank these four and why?

Stransky, Troock, Pollock, and Elie. The first is obviously closer, and Elie has lower upside than the other three. Troock and Pollock are about even, and I could see switching them.

Klockis

Suter stan
Mar 21, 2013
Sweden
We haven't even discussed the guy who probably had the best season of any of our prospects last year, Desrosiers.

He is ways away though. Have him probably lower than most as I don't like ranking Goalie prospects high, they are only valuable as Starters. So far he has only had one year post draft, no way of knowing what he is going to be at this point. When he plays well in the A or is Gibson like in juniors I will have him in the top 10.

Also curious why you think he has the best season of any of our prospects? Why not Ritchie, Klingberg, Shore or Nemeth?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad