GDT: 6/5/22 - 3:00PM EDT - New York Rangers vs Tampa Bay [ECF GAME 3]

Status
Not open for further replies.

gn2007

Nov 21, 2009
Shelby Township, MI
Looks like he has to literally score a hat-trick to appease some of you guys. He was part of our best line today, very good game from him.
Hagel cirelli and killorn were excellent today playing against the zibanejad line and giving headaches for fox/Lindgren. They just need to shoot more and not be afraid for a dirty rebound.

RC51

Dec 10, 2005
mtl
I see the Rangers are up their old tricks again. Smashing into your goalie over and over.
Does anybody not know what I am talking about as a hab fan.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Hagel, Killorn and Cirelli were great sustaining pressure but they need to actually score though. Simply possessing the puck in their zone for long periods of time is nice but the law of averages is gonna swing a goal against us eventually until all we're left with is "The NYR touch the puck once and they score"

We're not winning this series with only Stamkos, Palat, Kucherov and Paul scoring. I was VERY skeptical we could even score twice yesterday nevermind 3 times because for a minute there it reminded me of how our offense fell dead vs the Hawks, Pens and Caps

LeafLoyalist

Oct 13, 2015
Hagel, Killorn and Cirelli were great sustaining pressure but they need to actually score though. Simply possessing the puck in their zone for long periods of time is nice but the law of averages is gonna swing a goal against us eventually until all we're left with is "The NYR touch the puck once and they score"

We're not winning this series with only Stamkos, Palat, Kucherov and Paul scoring. I was VERY skeptical we could even score twice yesterday nevermind 3 times because for a minute there it reminded me of how our offense fell dead vs the Hawks, Pens and Caps

I would love if Leafs had a line that could dominate the other teams top line and draw penalties as the Cirelli line. They may not get on the board but they drive a teams play, and with the dominate PP Tampa has I would say who cares if they don't score, they generate offense so many other ways and also neutralizing the opponents best offensive players....bigger picture!

Bartleby

I would prefer not to.
Mar 2, 2022
Ocala, FL
The disrespect for Hagel is insane, especially knowing he's injured. The guy is gaming it out and played some really important minutes yesterday, doing everything he possibly can.
Agree. Too many here saw 21 goals and thought we traded for DeBrincat. That's not who Hagel is. And it's not like he's alone, none of our depth is scoring.

PaulGG

May 15, 2011
Agree. Too many here saw 21 goals and thought we traded for DeBrincat. That's not who Hagel is. And it's not like he's alone, none of our depth is scoring.
He was not brought in to be a scorer as much as being a fast defender guy and he is doing well. I really liked how that line played and one of those guys is going to score soon.

Reactions: Peacefool

DMB06

Jun 3, 2015
He was not brought in to be a scorer as much as being a fast defender guy and he is doing well. I really liked how that line played and one of those guys is going to score soon.

He was definitely brought in to score more than he is. I think this take, that he's "not here to score" is more of a coping mechanism than anything. We gave up quite a bit for him and offensively he looks clueless. One way to look at it is if JBB could look into the future and see what Hagel brought to the team all the way up to the game yesterday, would he still have traded for him and would the offer be the same if he did? I'm not sure about the former but the latter is no chance in hell.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Hagel, Cirelli, and Killorn do need to score more. They don't need to keep pace with Kuch, but a goal here and there would be nice. Maroon and Bellemare can't have more goals than them. That said, sometimes the goals you keep out are just as important as the goals you score. As to the numbers I posted before, they didn't give NY anything when they were on the ice. That keeps momentum. That sets up the Stamkos and Paul lines for the next shifts. Maybe most importantly in a low scoring game, that keeps us alive. Look at Game 2. We dominate the 3rd period, but give up a bad goal, and instead of that game going to OT, we lose.

Cirelli draws the PP for Stamkos to tie the game, but maybe the biggest was Killorn drawing one to eliminate NY's 4 minute PP. They score there, we're probably donezo.

Maelmoor

Apr 20, 2004
Stockholm, Sweden
So much to love from this game!

+ Our stars really stepped up, Vasy, Hedman, Stamkos and Kuch were awesome, reckon this was Hedmans best game in the playoffs and probaly the same for Kuch. Vasy looked focus and himself again.
+ I thought Cirelly, Killer and Hagel had a fantastic game, they totally took out Rangers top line and really tired them out by their offesive zone pressure. Sure a goal would've been great, but if they can neutralize Rangers top line, I'm all happy.
+ Puck management was so much better, less mistakes/turnovers, hope they can keep it up, we didn't give Rangers any freebies.
+ ..and obviously the urgency and hard work was there, but still sticking to the game-plan, it's easy to get overly keen to make a difference, but I reckon our experience helps a lot in this case!

- Vasy still has a weakness on the blocker side in these playoffs, I don't remember it being this obvious in the previous runs but might be wrong.
- PK was watching the puck too much and got passive on both their goals, can do better there.

We just need to try and repeat this effort for game 4, if we can manage to make the series 2-2, then I like our chances, but going down 1-3 will obviously be damn hard to recover from.

Reactions: NatoGhost

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Hopefully it is more the result of him being a little tentative and not quite trusting it yet (whatever "it" is) rather than something that is not healing properly or is causing significant pain.

Or it's absolutely nothing and the people who tweet these videos just really love only showing him wipe out or not use his right leg in spite of over an hour of skating which is stupid AF

Peacefool

Nov 15, 2019
So much to love from this game!

+ Our stars really stepped up, Vasy, Hedman, Stamkos and Kuch were awesome, reckon this was Hedmans best game in the playoffs and probaly the same for Kuch. Vasy looked focus and himself again.
+ I thought Cirelly, Killer and Hagel had a fantastic game, they totally took out Rangers top line and really tired them out by their offesive zone pressure. Sure a goal would've been great, but if they can neutralize Rangers top line, I'm all happy.
+ Puck management was so much better, less mistakes/turnovers, hope they can keep it up, we didn't give Rangers any freebies.
+ ..and obviously the urgency and hard work was there, but still sticking to the game-plan, it's easy to get overly keen to make a difference, but I reckon our experience helps a lot in this case!

- Vasy still has a weakness on the blocker side in these playoffs, I don't remember it being this obvious in the previous runs but might be wrong.
- PK was watching the puck too much and got passive on both their goals, can do better there.

We just need to try and repeat this effort for game 4, if we can manage to make the series 2-2, then I like our chances, but going down 1-3 will obviously be damn hard to recover from.
About Vasy. It was obious agaist Columbus when they swept us, they only tried to shoot blocker side. But then he was injured, dont know is he injured now

Reactions: Maelmoor

Bartleby

I would prefer not to.
Mar 2, 2022
Ocala, FL
He was definitely brought in to score more than he is. I think this take, that he's "not here to score" is more of a coping mechanism than anything. We gave up quite a bit for him and offensively he looks clueless. One way to look at it is if JBB could look into the future and see what Hagel brought to the team all the way up to the game yesterday, would he still have traded for him and would the offer be the same if he did? I'm not sure about the former but the latter is no chance in hell.
Of course he was brought in to score more than he is, just as Cirelli and Killorn are paid salaries that require they do more than just grind. Unfortunately that is all we are getting out of them now. It is the fact that Hagel is being singled out for his lack of production while the others aren't to nearly the same degree is what I have a problem with. Actually, I don't really have a problem with any of them. Scoring is cyclical and they're all contributing in other ways. Look at it this way, we're in ECF, the rust is coming off and our game is still not at peak after the long layoff. We've gotten here without Point, a less than stellar Vasy at times and with virtually no production from guys who collectively should have at least 10-12 goals in the playoffs by now. They're due.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Agreed Hagel needs to score more than he has, but so did Coleman when he first got here, and he had the benefit of extra time to settle in before the playoffs thanks to the pandemic. Paul's game has translated easier because he's a power forward that can just charge the net regardless of what his linemates are doing. Harder for a smaller guy like Hagel. Even then people were getting on Paul's case for not finishing his breakaways before he scored 2 in that game 7.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad