70MUvbW.png

7sNl8ON.png

ZwVYcNw.png

IRp6Fm5.png

bLRluUi.png

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Some Finnish fans at Jatkoaika had noted that Rantanen doesn't take slapshots nor is he being set up for onetimers on the powerplay , which hints towards him playing with an injury. Lehkonen also has stomach issues right now.

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
Some Finnish fans at Jatkoaika had noted that Rantanen doesn't take slapshots nor is he being set up for onetimers on the powerplay , which hints towards him playing with an injury. Lehkonen also has stomach issues right now.

Lehkonen ate all the chocolate bars at once? God dammit.

Two must wins left. Let's gooooo,

Go :avs Go!

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Gotta wonder what the message is in both dressing rooms. Sounds like Cooper is focused on forgetting the Avs and getting back to the Bolts' own strengths. I mean, his team's been in every possible scenario and he simply has to recycle Speech-C or D from his collection. Same with the players – deep breathing, reflection, channeling a page from their comeback playbook. Down 0-2? Find balance, Tampa-san. Wax-on, wax-off.

Avs, on the other hand, need to be the opposite of reflective. Two wins from a Cup, this roster needs to find its inner Cobra Kai – No Mercy. It's time for an angry Sensei, and who better than MacKinnon? This guy's natural aggressiveness is exactly what a roster of first-time Finalists need to scare them past nervousness and complacency.

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane
The Avs need to look at the Rangers series and realize they might be facing an entirely different team when they're on Tampa's home ice. The problem with blowouts is that one team can't wait for revenge and the other team is tempted to take their foot off the gas.

It could be an interesting game, is what I'm saying. Or it could be another blowout. Who frocking knows? I haven't been able to predict much of anything this series.

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
The Avs need to look at the Rangers series and realize they might be facing an entirely different team when they're on Tampa's home ice. The problem with blowouts is that one team can't wait for revenge and the other team is tempted to take their foot off the gas.

It could be an interesting game, is what I'm saying. Or it could be another blowout. Who frocking knows? I haven't been able to predict much of anything this series.

I think we're the ones who need to do this tbh. We won't get away with dropping two games the way we did with New York. Fatigue took over last series for NY, Colorado is well-conditioned and well-rested, it might only get worse from here.

Reactions: Alienblood

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Not much to say other than a Colorado win tonight feels a little absurd. The Avs are obviously talented enough to do it, but it doesn’t seem possible that this Tampa team goes down 3-0. They’ve got that home crowd momentum, likely get the penalty advantage as a result. Vasilevskiy is overdue for a good game. If you were writing a script, Vasilevskiy has a .930+ and injects a lot of drama into this series.

Reactions: Crossfire Hurricane

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
Gotta wonder what the message is in both dressing rooms. Sounds like Cooper is focused on forgetting the Avs and getting back to the Bolts' own strengths. I mean, his team's been in every possible scenario and he simply has to recycle Speech-C or D from his collection. Same with the players – deep breathing, reflection, channeling a page from their comeback playbook. Down 0-2? Find balance, Tampa-san. Wax-on, wax-off.

Avs, on the other hand, need to be the opposite of reflective. Two wins from a Cup, this roster needs to find its inner Cobra Kai – No Mercy. It's time for an angry Sensei, and who better than MacKinnon? This guy's natural aggressiveness is exactly what a roster of first-time Finalists need to scare them past nervousness and complacency.
Every team is trying to forecheck Colorado hard since apparently that's how to beat them but their D is just skating around the forecheck and it's an odd men rush the other way.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
I'm not expecting a Colorado win tonight...but then again I wasn't on Saturday either. However, that's because I expected Cooper to attempt a NZ Trap gameplan, and he...decided the best plan was to hope the Avs would be worn out?

Surely, he won't be stupid enough to double-down on that, will he? Perhaps he might, thinking they're back at sea level and his players won't be sucking air. (This is a bit tongue-in-cheek, I don't think that the altitude really plays that much effect in the grand scheme of things)

I'm expecting Cooper to bring out that trap tonight though. To try and force Colorado into a low-scoring affair, where TB typically thrives.

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
I'm not expecting a Colorado win tonight...but then again I wasn't on Saturday either. However, that's because I expected Cooper to attempt a NZ Trap gameplan, and he...decided the best plan was to hope the Avs would be worn out?

Surely, he won't be stupid enough to double-down on that, will he? Perhaps he might, thinking they're back at sea level and his players won't be sucking air. (This is a bit tongue-in-cheek, I don't think that the altitude really plays that much effect in the grand scheme of things)

I'm expecting Cooper to bring out that trap tonight though. To try and force Colorado into a low-scoring affair, where TB typically thrives.

Hard to set up the 1-3-1 when you don't have the puck. Tampa has to figure out how to endure Colorado's forecheck before that's an option.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
Must win for Tampa by game 3. I didn't not expect that this early.

Tampa has to hold serve in both games 3 and 4 IMO if they want to stay in this series. If this was literally any other team, I'd feel so much more confident than I do right now.

I'm hoping the Avs can just keep playing their game at the pace their playing. If they can, they'll win 2 before Tampa wins 4, regardless of where the games are. Game 2 and 90% of game 1 was a complete shit kicking. The underlying stats for the Avs were ridiculous.

Avs speed is completely killing them.

Last edited:

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
When Rangers were up 1-0 I said unless they win game 2 they have no chance. Because even at 0-2 i thought itd be 50/50 at best - shows you how good Tampa is that i wasnt even worried if they went down by 2. Obviously Tampa won anyways after down 0-2

Im nowhere near as confident vs Colorado. This is the toughest team they've faced in last 3 years. Up 2-0, in complete control. I still think Tampa can make a series of it and even win, but they have to come out with their absolute best effort tonight.

I say they do and Tampa wins 5-2

Reactions: Reparlana

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
Doesn't matter if the games are played in Denver, TB, or Mars. Colorado is better. Changing the location doesn't matter.

Speed travels everywhere.

I'd be stunned if this series gets back to Denver.

P.S. Cup contenders may want to avoid signing Perry going forward. He's a bad luck charm. Not that I feel bad for him.

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
Doesn't matter if the games are played in Denver, TB, or Mars. Colorado is better. Changing the location doesn't matter.

Speed travels everywhere.

I'd be stunned if this series gets back to Denver.

P.S. Cup contenders may want to avoid signing Perry going forward. He's a bad luck charm. Not that I feel bad for him.
What do you think the success rate of your "predictions" is? 0%

Reactions: DownIsTheNewUp
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad