GDT: 6/15/22 - 8:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Colorado [SCF GAME 1]

Status
Not open for further replies.

bov

Nov 13, 2010
We had no business winning this game. OT was just a tease. We looked like ass for the most part, as we usually do in game 1. Vasilevskiy with 2 utterly atrocious goals allowed.

Going down 1-0 sucks, but I see a beatable team across from us. Just hope we don't dig too deep a hole before finding our game.

Reactions: CupsOverCash

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
We had no business winning this game. OT was just a tease. We looked like ass for the most part, as we usually do in game 1. Vasilevskiy with 2 utterly atrocious goals allowed.

Going down 1-0 sucks, but I see a beatable team across from us. Just hope we don't dig too deep a hole before finding our game.

Meh this was a game where they didn't play well but could've won - PP cost them the game.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
This can easily be seen as concerning as well that the Avs weren't even at the top of their game and won anyway. If we're focusing on all the areas we can be better, well, so are they, too.

Agree. This game wasn't a must win but we had a opportunity to steal a game here. Both teams will be better from here. Hate to lose a game on ot here but at least it's game 1.

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket
This can easily be seen as concerning as well that the Avs weren't even at the top of their game and won anyway. If we're focusing on all the areas we can be better, well, so are they, too.
Well that’s the question then, isn’t it? Do the avs have more to show? If not, then I like our chances, especially because we get better as any series we play gets longer. If so… we’ll see. I think they probably can be better. But I think so can we.

TheFurryPickle

Mar 9, 2019
Meh, this was the loss we had to have.. but its ok - its called perspectives and shit.

we won the last 8 games out of 10.

Zwui21

Aug 31, 2019
What's comforting about this loss is that our guys played like ass and still could easily hang with Colorado.
If we get back at playing tight hockey, stop turning the puck over as if we were giving candies out on Halloween night and Vasy plays as he played in the 2nd and 3rd period I think we have a good chance.

Avs have some very good pressure moments, but defensively they seemed average.

bigdaddio

Jan 22, 2019
Wasted opportunity for sure. After their hot start, I feel like we already made the right adjustments on defense then the 5-3 happened. Still want to see more standing up at the blue line. This feels like Toronto where if you skate backwards and let them get in deep they are dangerous AF.

I'm a little more concerned on offense as we did not establish a lot of dangerous zone time. Interesting to see how the rest of the series goes. Sad thing is, there's a chance the Avs can just overpower us and make a short series.

Fabiobest

Italian Florida Man
Feb 4, 2017
Turin, Italy
It's not a wasted opportunity at the end of the day, because we played 2 periods like crap.
Also the third one, when we needed to put on the ice all the pressure and generate shoots, we were very passive and, despite che Colton chance, it was Colorado that created the best scoring opportunities. So, the OT was a big bonus for us.
We need to improve a lot in G2 if we want to have a chance.
Hopefully it's just a Tampa's game 1.

Reactions: Stammertime91

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
My mom doesn't really understand how NHL playoffs work. Whenever she sees in the news that Tampa lost a playoff game she thinks that means their season is now over.

Y'all remind me of her.
This reminds me of the maintenance guy at work who's still learning English.

Him after game 5: "The Rangers die?"

Me: "Not yet, Antonio, uno mas!"

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
Turnovers galored again like in ECF game 1 and wouldn't you know it, a stupid f***ing giveaway by Sergachev led to the GWG. Vasy with two awful goals and the PP shitting the bed was our downfall though. The game was there for the taking and it's disappointing that it slipped away. We're pretty experienced in bouncing back after game 1 losses though which is a good thing and like we saw in the last series, you aren't in trouble until you lose at home.

Oh and that Cirelli penalty call was such a f***ing joke. Tripping on a play where the stick was nowhere near the players' legs that got "tripped".

bigdaddio

Jan 22, 2019
Turnovers galored again like in ECF game 1 and wouldn't you know it, a stupid f***ing giveaway by Sergachev led to the GWG. Vasy with two awful goals and the PP shitting the bed was our downfall though. The game was there for the taking and it's disappointing that it slipped away. We're pretty experienced in bouncing back after game 1 losses though which is a good thing and like we saw in the last series, you aren't in trouble until you lose at home.

Oh and that Cirelli penalty call was such a f***ing joke. Tripping on a play where the stick was nowhere near the players' legs that got "tripped".
That was bad. Guy fell down and after he was horizontal his skates hit Cirelli's stick. They also called the first trip on the wrong player then missed a trip on Palat in the 3rd I think.

Fabiobest

Italian Florida Man
Feb 4, 2017
Turin, Italy
One of the worst part of our story, is the Cirelli's line.
That line, offensively, is embarassing. If we want to have a chance, we need some extra goals scored by one that is not called Kuch, Palat, Stammer, Hedman and Pointer.

Reactions: LightningStrikes

LTIR Trickery

Plz stop pucks
Jun 27, 2007
Scrip Club
I don't know how anyone could say the Avs played bad? They really didn't, but i'll say Kuemper is the weak spot we think he is. He had a couple of shots last night that should have been easy (Colton airmailing a backhand was one, Rutta off the post was another) and that man didn't see it. We played okay out of the gate, expected COL to be fast and emotional, its game one at home and they absolutely were.

Lines were a bit of a mess though, trying to win a cup final game and get Point back into a rhythm are two tough things to do at the same time. Colton is kinda in his own head right now. Patty out in the final minutes was interesting but not uncommon, but thats a brutal penalty there. Sergachevs giveaway in OT was bad but i'm sorry, 86 and 91 were just coasting in the NZ on that play among others and 98/77 became passengers real quick when Compher gained the zone with absolutely nobody around, and with pace. That play was doomed as soon as F support disappeared in the NZ. I'm sure they'll be going over that clip a few times today.

Reactions: J T Money
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad