GDT: 6/1/22 - 8:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ New York Rangers [ECF GAME 1]

Status
Not open for further replies.

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
Our defense was questionable.
But defeat Igor will be a huge problem to solve.
Tampa had plenty of great chances where good shot placement beats him(rather than shooting into his crest). Down 3-2, Hedman beat him clean but caught the post. Now granted it wouldn't have mattered given the peewee defense Tampa put out there, but the team could have easily scored 4 or 5 on him if they had converted their grade A's with better placement like NY did. Vasy and the defense were very rusty and off with basically everything tonight, but it's one game. Regardless of the final score it's still just 1-0 in a best of 7. Tampa lost 4 of them in the previous 10 series. Didn't stop the team then from bouncing back, doubt it does this time either.

Fabiobest

Italian Florida Man
Feb 4, 2017
Turin, Italy
Tampa had plenty of great chances where good shot placement beats him(rather than shooting into his crest). Down 3-2, Hedman beat him clean but caught the post. Now granted it wouldn't have mattered given the peewee defense Tampa put out there, but the team could have easily scored 4 or 5 on him if they had converted their grade A's with better placement like NY did. Vasy and the defense were very rusty and off with basically everything tonight, but it's one game. Regardless of the final score it's still just 1-0 in a best of 7. Tampa lost 4 of them in the previous 10 series. Didn't stop the team then from bouncing back, doubt it does this time either.
Yes, it's for sure 1 game and we can bounce back on Friday.
It's frustrating to lose a game like that, especially after a good 1st period overall.
The biggest issues is our defense tonight that has to be fixed before Friday.

Ducati Boy

HF Original
Feb 7, 2018
We've been here before. We lost game one 5-0 to Toronto. We lost to Boston by the exact same 6-2 score a few years back and won. Dallas in 2020 SCF - ditto.

The Rangers are good. If there was any doubt there shouldn't be now. But we bounce back -- as we do.

Hopefully Kuch can bury an early chance next game.

Peltz

Oct 4, 2019
Lol, he's been good for 1 season and won nothing when it matters, get back when he's done this for even 5 years and maybe he'll have an argument.
Have you seen his resume over the last 5 years?

Peltz

Oct 4, 2019
I'm looking. How many cups does he have? When did he win the Conn Smythe? He's good, but he's not better nor is he more accomplished than Vasy.
Vasi has the best resume of any active goalie, no question. I agree with you on that point.

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
Have you seen his resume over the last 5 years?
Yeah, he's had 1 NHL season where he's looked world class. He has no Cups, no Conn Smythes, and he'll have one Vezina(which Vasy has been robbed.of twice already). There's zero argument to be made as to which goaltender is better at this point. Maybe if Shesterkin keeps this level of play up for a few years and the Rangers win something meaningful, he'll have a case of being better than Vasilevskiy. I could care less what he did before the NHL tbh.

LightningStorm

Lightning/Mets/Vikings
Dec 19, 2008
Pacific NW, USA
We've been here before. We lost game one 5-0 to Toronto. We lost to Boston by the exact same 6-2 score a few years back and won. Dallas in 2020 SCF - ditto.

The Rangers are good. If there was any doubt there shouldn't be now. But we bounce back -- as we do.

Hopefully Kuch can bury an early chance next game.
Yeah I know we can bounce back game 2 now that the rust should be off. Vasy having another huge game after a loss starts with our defensive coverage being much better and exiting the zone better. We do those 2 things I like our chances next game.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
We tend to give away game 1 so I’m not too worried yet. They allowed a ton of shots - as did we though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad