GDT: 6/1/22 - 8:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ New York Rangers [ECF GAME 1]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
Imo yes, it is.
TOR has not the names NY has and Shesterkin >>>>>> Campbell.
Shesterkin is not part of the defense.

Toronto played tighter defense and Rielly, Muzzin, Brodie, Giordano, Liljegren/Sandin + Lyubyshkin are better overall D corps than Rangers.
They were allowing many grade A chances that Toronto did not yesterday night.

Fox is a better defender than any in Toronto but the defense is 6 guys.

Talking about that. Cernak had quite an off game yesterday

Reactions: midseason23

Fabiobest

Italian Florida Man
Feb 4, 2017
Turin, Italy

Toronto played tighter defense and Rielly, Muzzin, Brodie, Giordano, Liljegren/Sandin + Lyubyshkin are better overall D corps than Rangers.

Cernak was horrible last night. But all of our guys, especially in our zone, were bad. That's for sure. Too many goals kilnfly gifted last night.
Btw, I still hope you're right and the Rangers will allow many A+ scoring chances in the upcoming games.

VinikToWinIt

Number 1 Bull****
Jun 15, 2014
South Florida
Not worried. Lightning in 6.

Toronto's team defense is miles better than we saw last night from the Rangers. On a normal night we could've buried 2 or 4 more in the first couple periods alone.

But I'm not going to get into our defense last night.

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
Not worried. Lightning in 6.

Toronto's team defense is miles better than we saw last night from the Rangers. On a normal night we could've buried 2 or 4 more in the first couple periods alone.

But I'm not going to get into our defense last night.
And they're talking like they played the best game of their life

Yes, Shest is great but I'm not worried from what I saw yesterday

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
Got kucherov on bobrovsky 2019 vibes tonight. Man looked like he didn't want to get stopped anymore after his first three by the Russian goalie.

We played too panicked. Fanned on passes, missed the target, etc. I thought the first 20 was good but we just kept feeding them opportunities. No doubt they are good but in a very opportunistic/counter attacking style. It's not luck to play that way but patience and patient they were. We tried to be too cute and careless and it continuously burned us.

Need to be better next game. Killorn, Hagel, Maroon, Bellemare, and Colton brought 0 offense tonight. 4 out of your 11 forwards doing nothing doesn't help.

I still can't get over the defensive gaffes though. Cernak and Cirelli gift wrapped them goals and gently placed it at their feet.
To be fair, you can only expect two of those five players to bring offense and even Killorn has been pretty shit in these playoffs. I'm giving up on Hagel more and more after every game. His price tag looks atrocious if this is all we're going to get.

Reactions: Coopers Gum

Zwui21

Aug 31, 2019
Honestly I think this outcome was to be expected after such a long pause on our behalf.

Not worried in the slightest yet, rebound in game 2, get the mojo back and then it's game on. If we lose game 2 I'll start to worry.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
I knew tampa was gonna get wrecked last night after such a long layoff, but that first period gave me hope man... then they lost control of the game, 9 days between games was too much time off, you could see that with how sloppy they all were.

They are atleast in a little better game mode now, this isn't practice so let's see how they fair game 2 before anyone on any board here starts saying "rAnGeRs iN fOuR"

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
The good thing is that their alleged strongest player Shesterkin gives up a lot of rebounds and he's aggressive to an extreme level. He can be figured out without question. He kinda always makes the first save tho (stammer snapshot excluded)

The only way I can see Tampa losing is Vasy playing awful for the entire series and our skaters forgetting how to play defense.

Reactions: pjzabo

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket
I think whoever wins game 2 wins the series.

The good thing is that their alleged strongest player Shesterkin gives up a lot of rebounds and he's aggressive to an extreme level. He can be figured out without question. He kinda always makes the first save tho (stammer snapshot excluded)

The only way I can see Tampa losing is Vasy playing awful for the entire series and our skaters forgetting how to play defense.
I noticed that too. He was coming wayyyy out of his net to make the saves. Gotta expose that. I think the bolts recognized that, and that’s why kuch was overpassing last night.

Tim Smith

Jun 24, 2021
Doubt he's ready for game 2, but I could definitely see him ready for game 3 on Sunday if he keeps progressing and starts practicing by Friday/Saturday.
Coop said to media before game 1 (as mentioned in the pregame on ESPN) that Pointer is out this series. This news really sucks this is a HUGE loss for sure

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
Coop said to media before game 1 (as mentioned in the pregame on ESPN) that Pointer is out this series. This news really sucks this is a HUGE loss for sure
Nah, if the team did know that already(and whether he's truly out the entire series remains to be seen), they prepared for that scenario. It didn't stop them from ending the Leafs and Panthers without him, they'll be fine. Why are you on the Lightning boards again when all you ever seem to post is negative doom.and gloom shit about Tampa again??

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
We collectively as a team just shit the bed as we usually do in game 1’s. It’s maddening that this team does this.
Yeah, you'd think the team and the coaching staff would have a better game 1 plan in place by now. They still have a 6-5 record in game 1's during these 3 runs, but wish it could be a little better.

midseason23

Jun 2, 2022
That's what long breaks does to you, next game they'll be ready to go. Now that the rest is out of their system, they'll crush the Rags and go back home with a best of 5 with 3G at home.

Fabiobest

Italian Florida Man
Feb 4, 2017
Turin, Italy
Let me ask you a question: if they know Point is out for the series, why the fu* did he travel with the team?
It makes no sense.
That's my hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad