• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
#1- Jamie Benn (5th round picks ranking since 2000 #1)
#2- Connor Hellebuyck (5th round picks ranking since 2000 #2)
#3- Kirill Kaprizov (5th round picks ranking since 2000 #3)
#4- John Klingberg (5th round picks ranking since 2000 #4)
#5- Brendan Gallagher (5th round picks ranking since 2000 #5)
#6- Jake Muzzin (5th round picks ranking since 2000 #6)
#7- Kevin Bieksa (5th round picks ranking since 2000 #7)
#8- Mike Hoffman (5th round picks ranking since 2000 #8)
#9-
#10-

We are only looking at their NHL careers, of course. Who would you pick BPA (Best Player Available) ???

Don't pick based on your team needs, etc. Pick on who is better at hockey and what they have done at the NHL level. But for some guys (like Kaprizov, Garland, Terry, etc), what you project them to do.

Please make your suggestions or let me know if there's a mistake or an omission

Players left to add :

Yegor Sharangovich
Carson Soucy
Colin Miller
Cal Petersen
Alexander Kerfoot
Matt Martin
Petr Mrazek
Oskar Lindblom
Sean Kuraly
Will Butcher
Travis Moen
Adam Gaudette
Ryan Reaves
Ben Hutton
Mikhail Grabovski
Kyle Wellwood
Marcus Krüger
Nathan Gerbe
Matt Hendricks
Brad Richardson
Dominik Simon
Matt Calvert
John Mitchell
Michael Ferland
Nigel Dawes
Cody McCormick
Greg Zanon
Anders Bjork
Mark Borowiecki

Last edited:

HugeInTheShire

You may not like me but, I'm Huge in the Shire
Mar 8, 2021
Alberta
No disrespect to Troy Terry, but I can't figure out why people are voting for him... he's had an amazing half of a season, but why is that more impressive than guys with years of NHL service

Reactions: bh53

The Tourist

Jul 11, 2008
List makes no sense. How is a guy like Ethan Bear on there over John-Michael Liles? JML had almost 400 career points with 7 seasons of over 30 points. Bear has 40 career points and is going nowhere. The guy has practically no trade value at this stage of his career and he's only 24.

Versteeg with 360 points and four 20 goal seasons isn't an option but Rudolf Balcers and his career 18 goals makes the list.

Voted Smith

Reactions: bh53 and uncleben

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
No disrespect to Troy Terry, but I can't figure out why people are voting for him... he's had an amazing half of a season, but why is that more impressive than guys with years of NHL service

Like stated in OP

Pick on who is better at hockey and what they have done at the NHL level. But for some guys (like Kaprizov, Garland, Terry, etc), what you project them to do.

I voted Terry, 24 goals 40 pts in 41 GP this season, just 24 y/o and looks totally legit. He should have a better career than most of the guys remaining, even if some had pretty decent careers.

List makes no sense. How is a guy like Ethan Bear on there over John-Michael Liles? JML had almost 400 career points with 7 seasons of over 30 points. Bear has 40 career points and is going nowhere. The guy has practically no trade value at this stage of his career and he's only 24.

Versteeg with 360 points and four 20 goal seasons isn't an option but Rudolf Balcers and his career 18 goals makes the list.

Voted Smith

Like stated in OP

Pick on who is better at hockey and what they have done at the NHL level. But for some guys (like Kaprizov, Garland, Terry, etc), what you project them to do.

And this is not a "list" , it's called "poll options"

And like stated in OP as well :

Please make your suggestions or let me know if there's a mistake or an omission

Nobody made a suggestion about this. I can add Liles or Versteeg at any time, I can remove Bear and/or Balcers in the next poll. It's easy. There's absolutely no rush to add any guy who doesn't have a true chance to be voted, as evidenced by the fact that no one even mentioned any of them in several previous polls.

Since these polls also include PROJECTION instead of just the minimal braincell ability to read hockeydb, some unproven guys are included, that's why they make the list the poll options

I mean, is it just laziness or inability to read? :help:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad