Confirmed with Link: 5th round - #138OA - RW Spencer Smallman - Saint John (QMJHL)

TheOllieC

cajun filet
Jul 12, 2013
Charlotte, NC
A hard-working forward that can play a gritty, grinding style of hockey. Can play in all situations effectively due to his willingness to battle in his own end, and natural instincts in the offensive end. Very smart with the puck in pressure situations, and passes with precision. Possesses great hands and puckhandling skills, not to mention a sharp, accurate release. All-in-all, a versatile winger that exhibits the ability to switch from a gritty, able-bodied two-way player to an offensive scoring threat in an instant. (Curtis Joe, EP 2014)

Ranked #170 by NHL Central Scouting

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=166979

Ole Gil

May 9, 2009
I hate glowing reviews of players getting picked in the 6th round. If he's as magnificent as the scouting report makes him sound, he probably wouldn't be here.

Wish they'd all agree to use a number system instead of the 5 synonymous adjectives of Great/Solid/Excellent/Strong/Good.

My whine being, this could be the scouting report of a guy taken #13 overall. So it's basically useless to people like me who know jack spratt about any of these guys.

Number 57

Dec 21, 2004
Montreal
Saw a bit of Smallman this year. Underrated offensive skills. He can really skate and gets involved in the rough stuff. Likes the board play and is good at it. Has decent hands and vision. Solid defensively. A good complimentary player for the Sea Dogs, playing with either Noel or Highmore.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad