GDT: [#59] Woo @ Howl ★ 8 PM CST ★ FSSW ★

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Guy we should have drafted scores a sweet goal on a shift not long after guy we did draft made back to back boneheaded soft backhand passes.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
Guy we should have drafted scores a sweet goal on a shift not long after guy we did draft made back to back boneheaded soft backhand passes.

Imagine if Nichushkin spent a year or two adjusting to North America in the OHL

Just absolutely slaying kids

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Maybe by now he'd be able to elevate the puck in tight like Domi did

Guys don't develop good hands. They either have them or they don't. Nichushkin doesn't have good hands. You can go back to his draft hype video where you can see him score every goal by pushing the puck around a goalie along the ice using his long reach. Pretty cool stuff, but it doesn't work at all in the NHL.

Benneguin

Original Recipe
May 26, 2015
Guys don't develop good hands. They either have them or they don't. Nichushkin doesn't have good hands. You can go back to his draft hype video where you can see him score every goal by pushing the puck around a goalie along the ice using his long reach. Pretty cool stuff, but it doesn't work at all in the NHL.

I'd settle for him just reaching the goalie. His decision making and hands seem really slow. A pylon would give him trouble.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland

I think it's more a knock on his hockey sense.

If you're exposed to the same situation enough, you'll learn to adapt. Yeah, Nichushkin has had a lot of close opportunities where he should elevate it but I don't think he's adapted his game.

If he played more non-NHL games, my hypothesis is that he'd have a ton of in game breakaway opportunities where he could round out his breakaway move(s).

You can develop any trait. It just takes time and in game experience.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
If anything, the knock is on Nichuskin's hockey IQ. Which is totally understandable.

The kid has hands, I just don't think his frame has caught up to him.

Benneguin

Original Recipe
May 26, 2015
If anything, the knock is on Nichuskin's hockey IQ. Which is totally understandable.

The kid has hands, I just don't think his frame has caught up to him.

He has hands but too often they are fumbling the puck or shooing it into defenders skates. You're probably right about his frame. It's like he's trying to play hockey in someone else's body.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad