GDT: #59 | Rangers vs Penguins |!!SunFeb17@1230pmEST!!| NBC, SN, TVAS

Will the Pens oversleep their alarm and miss the first two periods of play?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Yes @KIRK we know ZAR in the top 6 against teams like the Isles, Caps, Tampa, etc is not what we want but here's the kicker... nothing else is working. So maybe splitting it all up and going with an unconventional route gets it going.

Fine by me, honestly.

Jokes aside, I 100% am in the same place, and I 100% think it's why a LW like Dzingel should be JR's top target, maybe even before defense.

You see what happens when he and Phil get someone who sort of fits the bill . . .

Reactions: Ogrezilla

Extra Texture

A new career
Mar 21, 2008
in a new town
What is the crowd chanting?

Let's not get TOO EXCITED about ZAR-Geno-Kessel against a crap team. I remember a lot of people saying Rust-Bjugstad-Kessel was the next big thing after a win against a crap Ottawa team.

EDIT: @ColePens . . . THIS is our destiny. I feel like I'm watching @pixiesfanyo drive off a cliff . . . in my new Porsche.
I know I know, and that’s a good point. We’ve seen lightning ina bottle before many times.

But even if the line doesn’t last, I absolutely love ZAR since he’s been back. He looks so much more purposeful out there, seems to be the first to every loose puck, and even yesterday he was making things happen on L4. Albeit, it was setups by Garret Wilson, so they went nowhere but it was positive. And he looks much better all while not having lost the physical aspects of his game.

Is it me or does he also look quicker? No more listless skating he’s gliding past people in the NZ

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I like you saying this while pining for a different RW to take that spot :laugh: I think Rust would be good there, but he's not a LW.

Well, I've been saying while ZAR was out that Rust was the best option for L2 LW. Go look it up . . .

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
What is the crowd chanting?

I know I know, and that’s a good point. We’ve seen lightning ina bottle before many times.

But even if the line doesn’t last, I absolutely love ZAR since he’s been back. He looks so much more purposeful out there, seems to be the first to every loose puck, and even yesterday he was making things happen on L4. Albeit, it was setups by Garret Wilson, so they went nowhere but it was positive. And he looks much better all while not having lost the physical aspects of his game.

I've been guilty of the same thing lots of times.

Just saying seeing how Geno can be the X factor-- seeing how he's been in cup runs-- I think maybe adding a LW who legit could play with Geno (if the ZAR thing doesn't pan out) might be the biggest need.

Reactions: Extra Texture

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Any speedy/annoying guy to play with Bluegs/Cullen would be a treat. We just need a speedy annoying player. LIke a 600k Rust.

Reactions: KIRK

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Need to get Horny a goal...he looks like he’s been struggling with confidence

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad