GDT: #59 – Blues at Sabres – Sat Feb 18, 1:00PM ET – MSG-B

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
Eichel certainly had a strong game. And he had almost whopping 25 minutes. :laugh:

its hard to take him off when he was dominating so much with the puck in his possession unfortunate he didn't have a 3 assist night with all the chances he setup.

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
I wasn't all that excited about the win over the Avalanche because they are a God awful team. But today's win is pretty exciting and builds credibility. If they apply the speed they showed today against St. Louis against Chicago, the outcome will be in the Sabres favor. If Disco plays it safe..... well you know what usually happens when he does that.....

Lehner is in the groove. I'd also play him tomorrow.

DatGuy

Sep 25, 2015
going into Thursday game I think everyone would of been happy with 4 out for 6 points before the break.

tomorrow is like a "free game" and I hope the Sabres look towards capitalizing on that. The Blackhawks play today but are coming of their bye so, in theory, they should be fresh.

Question Time. What do you do with baptiste? I mean if Sam is good to go tomorrow u put him back with Jack. I would not want to break up 3rd line, they have been doing their job very well over the past 5 games (eating minutes so the top 2 lines get a rest and playing very good defensive hockey) Does he fined a role on the 4th line? maybe sit Moulson or Des? 4th line of baptiste - ennis - ??? or do they send him back to the Amerks?

UnleashRasmus

Rasmus has gone Super Saiyan VI!
Apr 15, 2012
Nashville Tennessee
So is it time to get Bailey and Baptiste regular minutes consecutively. I didn't watch the game, but it looks like Bailey and Baptiste are starting to force the issue. If I'm mistaken, please correct me!

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
So much salt from the Blues forum. I didn't see the game did they get a lot of bad calls or something.

A couple soft calls went our way, maybe one or two no calls on us, but a huge soft call in their favor (imo) went their way at the end.

Refs favored us, but far and away from the worst officiating we have seen, and usually been on the short end

MayDayMayDay

But what is grief, if not love persevering?
Feb 22, 2012
Peoria, AZ
So is it time to get Bailey and Baptiste regular minutes consecutively. I didn't watch the game, but it looks like Bailey and Baptiste are starting to force the issue. If I'm mistaken, please correct me!

I'd like to see it, and depending on what happens at the TDL, I think it's a real possibility.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
So much salt from the Blues forum. I didn't see the game did they get a lot of bad calls or something.

Sabres outskated the Blues and that's the reason we had a big discrepancy in PP attempts. Several of their calls were hooking and holding when they had a Sabre go right by them. They also missed an obvious hold on a delayed penalty called on them. And lastly the Blues also had another PP that got negated because they scored the first goal on a delayed penalty call. The refs didn't favor the Sabres. The PPs technically were 6-4.

AustonsNostrils

Apr 5, 2016
I had to miss this one, my aunt died yesterday and had to visit my cousins. Is there somewhere online I can see a replay of the game?

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
Sabres outskated the Blues and that's the reason we had a big discrepancy in PP attempts. Several of their calls were hooking and holding when they had a Sabre go right by them. They also missed an obvious hold on a delayed penalty called on them. And lastly the Blues also had another PP that got negated because they scored the first goal on a delayed penalty call. The refs didn't favor the Sabres. The PPs technically were 6-4.

The most egregious missed call was Edmundson's blatant elbow to Bailey's head early in the 3rd period.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
The most egregious missed call was Edmundson's blatant elbow to Bailey's head early in the 3rd period.

Well you knew at that point we weren't getting that call. That's what I don't like, if a team gets several pps in a row even if all of them were deserved the refs swallow the whistle and will only penalize the team who already got the pps. Sabres played excellent and the added speed of Baptiste, Bailey etc really change the dynamic of this team. Who would have thought a few years ago that the Sabres could go toe to toe physically against teams like the Blues, Kings etc

Kennerdell

Nov 11, 2015
Maryland

They got outplayed by a team they think can't be mentioned in the same breath as theirs. They don't get to see a whole lot of us and due to record probably just assume we suck and are riding a goalie who they think is playing good for the first time in his life. There will be a lot of salt until people realize this team is actually good as ****. Jack seems healthy finally and that is the biggest difference. Gives O'Reilly a break which allows him to play harder and better

AustonsNostrils

Apr 5, 2016
Speed draws penalties and we have a great PP1 unit. Our speed is going to keep getting better as Bailey, Baptiste, Carrier, Nylander, Pu, Asplund join the team over the next few seasons. And Guhle, Borgen and Fitzgerald on the backend.

Bluesguru

Aug 10, 2014
St. Louis
They got outplayed by a team they think can't be mentioned in the same breath as theirs. They don't get to see a whole lot of us and due to record probably just assume we suck and are riding a goalie who they think is playing good for the first time in his life. There will be a lot of salt until people realize this team is actually good as ****. Jack seems healthy finally and that is the biggest difference. Gives O'Reilly a break which allows him to play harder and better

Hey no doubt, I know the Sabres are good. They still have a shot at the playoffs this year. And I thought Babcock made the wrong choice when he chose Toronto over Buffalo, but I guess that's very debatable now since he lucked out and got Mathews in the last draft.

Montag DP

Sabres fan in...
Apr 4, 2007
...Maryland
its hard to take him off when he was dominating so much with the puck in his possession unfortunate he didn't have a 3 assist night with all the chances he setup.
Story of his season. It's honestly not a stretch to say he should have twice as many assists as he actually does right now.

MrMaster

Apr 20, 2016
[NHL2]c-49530903[/NHL2]

I know it's just interviews and stuff, but it's good to hear what he said at ~1min about them games meaning nothing if they don't show up for tomorrow.

Even if they don't make the PO, it's important to stay in the race for as long as possible, nothing worse than meaningless games in march and april.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad