Post-Game Talk: #58 | Rangers at Flyers | February 24, 2024 | Flyers lose 2-1

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
#contender

It’s interesting because in a matchup like this New York is still following a similar trend to where they’ve been for a few years now. They’re an average at best 5v5 team which is probably reflective of them not being a deep roster to a man but having talent at the top of their lineup. Special teams & goaltending is where they really break through.

So despite being a “contender” this is a matchup the Flyers can potentially exploit them at 5v5 which they yesterday but you still have get through their goaltending.

Reactions: TheKingPin

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
It’s interesting because in a matchup like this New York is still following a similar trend to where they’ve been for a few years now. They’re an average at best 5v5 team which is probably reflective of them not being a deep roster to a man but having talent at the top of their lineup. Special teams & goaltending is where they really break through.

So despite being a “contender” this is a matchup the Flyers can potentially exploit them at 5v5 which they yesterday but you still have get through their goaltending.
I think they can beat them in a playoff round. Much better than the against the canes. We may lose the 3rd pair and Laughton but can bring some kids in to help.

Reactions: LegionOfDoom91

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I think they can beat them in a playoff round. Much better than the against the canes. We may lose the 3rd pair and Laughton but can bring some kids in to help.

I don’t know I still think they lose a 7 game series to New York even with all that said. But I do think New York would be a better matchup for them compared to Carolina or even a Boston/Florida. If they make it, they’re probably playing one of those four teams.

Reactions: TheKingPin

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
I don’t know I still think they lose a 7 game series to New York even with all that said. But I do think New York would be a better matchup for them compared to Carolina or even a Boston/Florida. If they make it, they’re probably playing one of those four teams.
Agreed. Igor alone could win it for them. I do think Ersson could be this years unicorn. If everyone is healthy and playing well he could win a series imo.

looking like, if we make it, it could be more as a wild card team. Carolina was more likely, but we play contenders every night almost and all of these injuries plus deadline losses.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad