Post-Game Talk: #58| New York Islanders @ Arizona Coyotes | February 17th | 4:00 PM | F/L 2-1

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
Greene was a good pickup, he’ll help.

But the team is at a real crossroads here. One scorer isn’t going to make much of an impact, unless that’s a top-liner. Lou is at a crossroads, continue to invest in this season by acquiring more help, or let it play out without additional reinforcements.

Do you try to save the season? I would.

Reactions: ekill08x

GrandmaSlices51631

Dec 12, 2013
Long Beach
Greene was a good pickup, he’ll help.

But the team is at a real crossroads here. One scorer isn’t going to make much of an impact, unless that’s a top-liner. Lou is at a crossroads, continue to invest in this season by acquiring more help, or let it play out without additional reinforcements.

Do you try to save the season? I would.

I'd kick tires on Rakell, see if there is any combo of assets not named Dobson that Anaheim would like, 1st is obviously on the table for him.

majormet

Nov 12, 2009
Dix Hills, NY
No! We don't trade Dobson for Palmieri! It's Milbury level! Horrible!!
Maybe, Bode Wilde instead... But not Dobson, that's for sure.

Bode Wilde, MDC and a 1st is not going to be enough to get Palmieri, sub in the names Aho, Wahlstrom etc.. won't be enough

The last 3 games against 3 different teams reminded me of the Carolina series all over again. Proof that we beat ourselves not Carolina beating us... no goal scoring. Barzal needs a complimentary player and that type of player is not going to be cheap

xIsle

Oct 24, 2006
Montreal
Bode Wilde, MDC and a 1st is not going to be enough to get Palmieri, sub in the names Aho, Wahlstrom etc.. won't be enough

The last 3 games against 3 different teams reminded me of the Carolina series all over again. Proof that we beat ourselves not Carolina beating us... no goal scoring. Barzal needs a complimentary player and that type of player is not going to be cheap

Probably, but trading Dobson for Palmieri does not interest me. In addition to a first pick, it's definitely too expensive.

GrandmaSlices51631

Dec 12, 2013
Long Beach
It is and it isn't... Mad Mike was not really every in cup contention, Isles are within striking distance... I tend to think one top 3 forward will be better than trading for Ilya and Henrique

Isles are further away than you think. Trading a bluechip potential #1 D with essentially his entire career ahead of him for a 29 y/o guy (Palmieri) with career equivalent production to the guy (Eberle) he'd be supplanting is poor asset management.

12Dog

Feb 14, 2013
No! We don't trade Dobson for Palmieri! It's Milbury level! Horrible!!
Maybe, Bode Wilde instead... But not Dobson, that's for sure.

Agreed, and I’m not sure I would give up Wilde for a year and a half of Palmieri. I like Wilde, think it’s going to take him a few years but properly developed, he has scary potential.
And Dobson? He’s going to be a 25 minute a night,all situations type of player. He’s the type of defenseman every team in the league is desperate for, being right handed is icing on the cake. I don’t think there’s a player on NJ’s roster I would trade him for.

BallinPB

Dec 18, 2018
Sell sell sell. This team isn’t cup ready with this core. Acquiring a top line forward may get us to the playoffs but won’t get us to the cup. Everyone except Dobson, Pulock, Barzal, Nelson and Beau should be on the block.

Reactions: ekill08x

DerekKingSnipes

Feb 20, 2013
Long Island
Sell sell sell. This team isn’t cup ready with this core. Acquiring a top line forward may get us to the playoffs but won’t get us to the cup. Everyone except Dobson, Pulock, Barzal, Nelson and Beau should be on the block.
This is such the loser mentality just keep seeking for next year. They are just as good as everyone around them and can beat anyone, the league is setup that way. They need to add and not sell.

Strait2thecup

Sep 1, 2016
Guys, Lee isn't terrible. He doesn't mesh with Barzal. It's that simple. Barzal turning the puck over at the blue line is part of the problem, the same way Lee trying to dangle guys is.

barzal isn’t a problem. He’s been the only skater with a pulse this road trip. He had a bad stretch somewhat recently though

Uncle Duke

Heads up, fellas!
May 14, 2018
Sarasota, FL
I wonder if even an old vet like Lou will lose his cool and make an ill-advised move that undermines the long term plan in the face of tremendous pressure to add a scorer now? I sure hope not.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
barzal isn’t a problem. He’s been the only skater with a pulse this road trip. He had a bad stretch somewhat recently though

He's part of the problem because he constantly does the same thing we saw when he didn't pass the puck to Toews with time winding down. He's been much better, but he needs to know when to take over and when to just make the simple play.

DerekKingSnipes

Feb 20, 2013
Long Island
I wonder if even an old vet like Lou will lose his cool and make an ill-advised move that undermines the long term plan in the face of tremendous pressure to add a scorer now? I sure hope not.
I think it depends on who he is getting I doubt they sell farm for a rental but a younger player with some term maybe.

Uncle Duke

Heads up, fellas!
May 14, 2018
Sarasota, FL
I think it depends on who he is getting I doubt they sell farm for a rental but a younger player with some term maybe.
Well, yes, that's my point. I hope he doesn't sell the farm but after watching this offensive sh*t show for the past 3 games, and longer, he has to be tempted. No matter what he does to bring in an available scorer now, we are not going to get someone who can win us a Cup without selling said farm. And even if he did, it's still highly unlikely with the TBs and Bostons out there. We're just not there yet. Hard as it is for all of us to take, and for him to be, he has to remain disciplined in his decision making.

Big L

Grandpa’s Cough Medicine is 180 Proof
Feb 7, 2013
CT
At least they’re still in the playoffs for another 24 hours.

After that, good chance down to 9.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
I may be the exception around here, but I am hopeful that they're wrapping up their bad stretch and will start picking things up and finish no worse than #3 in the Metro.

Uncle Duke

Heads up, fellas!
May 14, 2018
Sarasota, FL
I may be the exception around here, but I am hopeful that they're wrapping up their bad stretch and will start picking things up and finish no worse than #3 in the Metro.
Colorado next and the Isles are a shell of the team that beat them 1-0 in Jan. We're all hopeful, but the reality is that the Isles are in deep sh*t.

Reactions: scottywiper

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
At least they’re still in the playoffs for another 24 hours.

After that, good chance down to 9.

I’m beginning to think they may need Columbus to collapse. I believe the Isles will still finish above whoever ends 4th in the Metro. That said they would then just need one team to perform worse than them in the Metro the rest of the way and they’d be in

Ad

Upcoming events

• Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $4,740.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Monaco vs Clermont Foot
    Monaco vs Clermont Foot
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $770.00