GDT: #58 | Columbus Blue Jackets @ Pittsburgh Penguins | 7PM EST | SN360/SNO/SNW/ROOT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hydro

Apr 29, 2013
Windsor
58 - Columbus Blue Jackets @ Pittsburgh Penguins

7PM EST
February 19th, 2015
Consol Energy Center
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Season Series
Columbus 1-0-0-0
Pittsburgh 0-0-0-1

vVI3qxi.png

HS9RpHr.png
txX27CX.png

N6YO50N.png
kggL3UX.png

aPqOsYX.png

Chris Kunitz as Adam Devine | Sidney Crosby as Andy Samberg | David Perron as Franklin The Turtle
J7AbeS7.png

Blake Comeau as Blake | Evgeni Malkin as seen on Cops | Patric Hornqvist as Thomas the Choo Choo
QK8ujh0.png

Nick Spaling as actually, not that bad | Brandon Sutter as SPRING BREAK 2015 | Beau Bennett as Sunshine
480LjR2.png

Steve Downie as a Windsor Spitfire | Max Lapierre as a crazy person | Craig as a pot hole

gjMiCSn.png

Paul Martin as a young buck | Kris Letang as Xavier Laflamme
Ch5mRmo.png

Rob Scuderi as the protector | Simon Despres as friends with Evander Kane
048QWRD.png

Bobby Bortuzzo as neutered | Derrick Pouliot as pretty damn good
WXcnPAT.jpg

Marc-Andre Fleury as the all-star

--

:cbj

Scott Hartnell – Ryan Johansen – Corey Tropp

Matt Calvert – Brandon Dubinsky – Cam Atkinson

Nick Foligno – Artem Anisimov – Marko Dano

Jack Skille – Mark Letestu – Jared Boll

Jack Johnson – David Savard

Kevin Connauton – James Wisniewski

Fedor Tyutin – Cody Goloubef

Curtis McElhinney

LGP!

First Pens game I've attended ^

zero8771

Jun 15, 2012

People act like they had the wrong lines for so many games. Comeau has only been back for 4 games, #2 line looked great for 1.5 of those 4 games. Have no problem with MJ not knee jerking and giving it a look.

I've liked that about MJ, he gives things times to pan out. He has been extremely patient with a lot of things, and if it's all done with playoffs in mind, and having hte absolute best lineup come RD1GM1.... I dig it

cajal

Go Pens!
Dec 13, 2007
Miskatonic U
I hope in this game the refereeing sucks equally for both teams. No tinfoil hat, but it was pretty frustrating to watch.

Other than that nonsense, the Pens played a playoff-style game against the Caps. Continue it against the BJs, boys :handclap:

Fordy

May 28, 2008
well if this is true i'm an idiot

last time this happened i said that they have their preferences but are actually willing to change them if they really don't work

i guess i forgot all about that

but come on it really did seem like they were married to it

Get To Our Game

May 31, 2008
Pittsburgh
People act like they had the wrong lines for so many games. Comeau has only been back for 4 games, #2 line looked great for 1.5 of those 4 games. Have no problem with MJ not knee jerking and giving it a look.

I've liked that about MJ, he gives things times to pan out. He has been extremely patient with a lot of things, and if it's all done with playoffs in mind, and having hte absolute best lineup come RD1GM1.... I dig it

I agree. While we're all sick of seeing Kunitz being stuck to Sid's wing, and other things that don't seem to be working out as well (72 with Malkin vs with Sid), MJ has only been a part of the organization since this summer. I don't mind him using a bunch of games to see how certain line combinations work, especially against different types of teams and in various game situations.

I haven't worried about line placement too much so far, and I'm not really planning to until there are maybe 10 games or so left in the season. Johnston has said since he was hired that everything we do is to prepare for the playoffs. I don't care how many combinations he tries out or how long he lets bad ones stay together until the games really start to matter. How much faith I have in him to put together the combinations I like is another thing, but I'll let that happen before I complain about it.

Human

cynic
Jan 22, 2011
Bandwagon
Crosby on the Penguins record against divisional teams: "We have to find a way to correct it. Whether it's making sure we make adjustments or realizing that those games need higher energy and emotion. We need to raise our game with that."

groundbreaking words...

MtlPenFan

Apr 14, 2010
I'm glad they might change the lines, but still a bad mix. Kunitz can't keep sticking in that top six the way he's playing.

TheSniper26

Oct 2, 2005
Youngstown
Crosby on the Penguins record against divisional teams: "We have to find a way to correct it. Whether it's making sure we make adjustments or realizing that those games need higher energy and emotion. We need to raise our game with that."

groundbreaking words...

Every player says more or less the same thing. Were you expecting him to drop a little Walt Whitman for us?

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012

groundbreaking words...

And even if they do all that, so what? It's Columbus. Do it against the Islanders, Rangers, and Capitals.

Contender

Sep 22, 2014
Doesn't look like the Perron-Crosby-Hornqvist line is happening tonight judging by the Pens Twitter account.

MtlPenFan

Apr 14, 2010
Hate to keep repeating the same thing before every game, but pray for a loss. A bad one.

Only way to get some real changes happening with the lines or via a big trade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad