GDT: #58 ⋅ NSH @ ANA ⋅ 5:00 PM PST

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits. Fire Newell Brown
Nov 26, 2017
Does this season feel worse than previous years or is it just me?

I find it more frustrating than last year, but I don’t find it worse.

Also, as bad as the last couple seasons have been, nothing will ever top the two-month stretch in the middle of 2018-19 for me. The only time period where I was legitimatly embarrassed to be a fan of this franchise; as much as I hated Carlyle 2.0, that group looked like they openly quit for about 20 games to get him fired and it was shameful

heynowbababooey

Sep 29, 2017
I find it more frustrating than last year, but I don’t find it worse.

Also, as bad as the last couple seasons have been, nothing will ever top the two-month stretch in the middle of 2018-19 for me. The only time period where I was legitimatly embarrassed to be a fan of this franchise; as much as I hated Carlyle 2.0, that group looked like they openly quit for about 20 games to get him fired and it was shameful
Even after being swept by san jose I still had some small hope for that core group. During those 2 months where carlyle completely lost the room is when I knew our window was shut and a true rebuild was inevitable. being so close in 15 and 17 and to have nothing to show for it still hurts.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
Even after being swept by san jose I still had some small hope for that core group. During those 2 months where carlyle completely lost the room is when I knew our window was shut and a true rebuild was inevitable. being so close in 15 and 17 and to have nothing to show for it still hurts.
murray should've blown it all up after the 2019 season when it became very clear that a rebuild needed to happen

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
murray should've blown it all up after the 2019 season when it became very clear that a rebuild needed to happen

The rebuild started at the 2018-19 TDL. In 2021-22 season, Murray's rebuild was on the upswing. When Verbeek took over during all-star break, the Ducks were 3rd in the Pacific. That roster was good enough before the TDL, that after Verbeek blew up the team, the team finished 10th worst.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
I can see that side for sure. My perspective is that our team is undoubtedly better than last year's team, so I see that as a better season. Obviously, I wish we were better (and healthier), but taking expectations out of it, this is definitely a (small) step in the right direction.

EDIT: This is hopefully our rock bottom as a fan base: arguing about which year sucked the most.

We're better because we have a better roster this year. But we're not doing better with the better roster this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad