#57 LOSERS vs. ANY TEAM in NHL, by 2-0

AlabamaKingsFan

Jan 29, 2014
Phi allowed 3 or more goals in 11 of 12 games and shut out this team.now sutter will think the only exciting line is the problem and break up the 1st line.what a joke the team has checked out, sutter is already at the ranch.dl is scout scout scouting away while we spiral back into mediocrity.I have loved this ream good and bad for over 20 years and will continue to due so no matter what I would just hope our window to contend has not closed this quickly.

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
How the **** is this even possible ? I understand a losing streak but this is just ridiculous, the puck just wont get into the net anymore. Like we are doomed or so.

MynameisKing

Sep 29, 2010
GB
How many times did you hear Bob say on the Kings X and X on attack, but the Kings are in a line change? It's like the guys are saying we're going on attack so let's get off the ice. Also Brown looks like he's sucking on purpose!

Toffu

Jan 31, 2014
This is pathetic.

Kopitar face after the game says everything.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Yeah, but how many good scoring chances have they had??? 99% of their shots are all routine stops.

I agree, but that's unheard-of bad. Remember when I posted that 3-4% was historically low? Now half that.

The worst shooting team in NHL history shot 6.5%. We're 1/3 of that over this stretch. league average this year is almost four times that. Something's gotta give, even if it's a miracle bounce.

kingsholygrail

We've made progress - Robitaille
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
So he doesn't deserve a shot on the 1st line? Let me guess, you are one of the people who think Trevor Lewis is a better option.

Nope. The only way TT is going to get top 6 minutes this season is converting to LW(which he did today) or hoping Williams/Carters gets hurt/traded.

My point is let's not get stupid excited because he's getting more minutes. Get excited if he scores a goal or provides a big assist or something. Playing minutes and looking "dangerous" is worthless right now for this team.

KingKopitar11*

Toffoli is the least of your worries. He had the best chances and created great chances.

nemesis

Feb 28, 2007
Where to start (in the panic rant)?

Get a couple of 2nds for Mitchell (the cost of Murray/Regehr last year), get a nice return for Brown before it's too late, get some lower picks for Clifford, waive Fraser (or a seventh or something) and see if there is any interest in Frattin.

And get Muzzin the **** out of the team. Size is way easier to compensate than being a total moron. Randy J got nothing on this clown.

Speaking of clowns. Muzzin is what Brown would look like if he was a defenseman.

Sell while they're still perceived as "champions".

There. Feels much better.

I think it's already too late to trade Brown for a nice return. He's capable of playing better than he has this year, but even if he does return to that form he isn't worth that new contract he just signed. Not even close to it. It's the same reason why the Rangers are looking to trade Ryan Callahan. He's using Brown as a comparison and neither are worth that money and certainly not for that term.

Trolfoli

May 30, 2013
Thought it was a good game. Kings battled hard, ran into a hot goaltender and a good defense. :laugh:

Had a pot of coffee and still fell asleep in the 2nd.

Kings may still make the playoffs. Van and Coyotes suck as bad/worse then the Kings right now!!!

HYORI 1963

Grit & Character
Jan 20, 2009
Orange County CA
I agree, but that's unheard-of bad. Remember when I posted that 3-4% was historically low? Now half that.

The worst shooting team in NHL history shot 6.5%. We're 1/3 of that over this stretch. league average this year is almost four times that. Something's gotta give, even if it's a miracle bounce.

I don't know if I should laugh or cry. Just truly frustrating.

Sacha Baron Corbin

Jan 19, 2011
Nope. The only way TT is going to get top 6 minutes this season is converting to LW(which he did today) or hoping Williams/Carters gets hurt/traded.

My point is let's not get stupid excited because he's getting more minutes. Get excited if he scores a goal or provides a big assist or something. Playing minutes and looking "dangerous" is worthless right now for this team.

Okay so lets not be encouraged that Toffoli played a solid game while going off his wing and playing on the first line!

HYORI 1963

Grit & Character
Jan 20, 2009
Orange County CA

No one is getting stupid excited! You're very close to a troll mode right now. You just don't realize it.

Lead Role in a Cage

Mar 27, 2008
How the **** is this even possible ? I understand a losing streak but this is just ridiculous, the puck just wont get into the net anymore. Like we are doomed or so.

Voodoo ?

I don't think voodoo is the word you're looking for. Try infected or polluted perhaps.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
I agree, but that's unheard-of bad.

I live in Philly, so I was only able to watch the Flyer broadcast. I think...remember, I think...I heard Jim Jackson, the play by play guy, after the game was over say that the Kings are the first team since 1929 to score only 3 goals over a 6 game stretch.

Again, I'm not sure if that's what I heard, and I don't know where to look such a stat up, but with that shooting percentage, I guess that could be possible.

MollerManor

Feb 18, 2009

He has more shots in this 1 game playing 1st line minutes than any other player since Carter in the Stadium Series.

You're wrong.

AlabamaKingsFan

Jan 29, 2014
From the sound of it some of u want toffoli a rookie to step up and carry this team.it isn't going to happen, he slid to his off wing and looked great on the top line.he will be a top liner from here on if sutter has a brain in his head.the top line I watched today if left alone will score a ton of goals.we just need to figure out the rest, I guess, one line at a time.

kingsholygrail

We've made progress - Robitaille
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
Okay so lets not be encouraged that Toffoli played a solid game while going off his wing and playing on the first line!

No one is getting stupid excited! You're very close to a troll mode right now. You just don't realize it.

No, I'm a firm believer that if you get shut out, there's nothing good to say about your forwards. Their sole purpose in life is to score. I'd be a lot more willing to shower these guys with some positive remarks if they lost 3-2 or something. Losing 2-0 means they didn't do their job.

He has more shots in this 1 game playing 1st line minutes than any other player since Carter in the Stadium Series.

You're wrong.

I'm not wrong. He sniffs top six minutes for the first time since Carter was hurt and he's on the LW, not the RW, so I'm pretty sure his only real shot at maintaining those minutes is staying on the LW. And having more shots is meaningless. Those shots were goals.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad