GDT: #57: Hawks @ Coyotes

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
HCanes Bandwagon
1C. CHICAGO BLACKHAWKS (35-10-14) @ 5P. PHOENIX COYOTES (26-20-10)

Game 57 @ Jobing.com Arena in Glendale, AZ
First puck drop at, like, 7:02pm or so

350px-Glendale-arena.jpg

NEXT BEST THING TO A TICKET:
FOX SPORTS--ARIZONA
CSN-CH
AZ SPORTS 98.7 FM

STATS | HAWKS | YOTES
LAST 10 | 5-2-3 | 5-4-1
POWER PLAY | 22.3% | 19.8%
PENALTY KILL | 80.2% | 79.6%
GOALS/GAME | 3.42 | 2.79
GOALS AGAINST/GAME | 2.59 | 2.91
FACE OFF WIN PERCENTAGE | 51.4% | 52.2%
SHOTS/GAME | 33.4 | 31.8
SHOTS AGAINST/GAME | 27.6 | 32.1

NOTE: Lines are subject to change and are a complete guess until @azc_mclellan and @SomeLoudObnoxiousChicagoGuy set us straight.

:hawks CHICAGO BLACKHAWKS :hawks
10 Patrick Sharp (A) - 19 Jonathan Toews (C) - 81 Marian Hossa
23 Kris Versteeg - 12 Peter Regin - 20 Brandon Saad
29 Bryan Bickell - 26 Michal Handzus - 65 Andrew Shaw
52 Brandon Bollig - 16 Marcus Kruger - 28 Ben Smith

2 Duncan Keith (A) - 7 Brent Seabrook
17 Sheldon Brookbank - 4 Niklas Hjalmarsson
32 Michal Rozsival - 8 Nick Leddy

50 Corey Crawford
31 Antti Raanta

At his grandfather's funeral: F Patrick Kane
Press box: D Michael Kostka,
Sick call: G Nikolai Khabibulin, 27 Johnny Oduya

:coyotes PHOENIX COYOTES :coyotes

19 Shane Doan (C) - 63 Mike Ribeiro - 17 Radim Vrbata
28 Lauri Korpikoski - 50 Antoine Vermette (A) - 89 Mikkel Boedker
14 Jeff Halpern - 24 Kyle Chipchura - 18 Dave Moss
12 Paul Bissonnette - 34 Tim Kennedy - 36 Rob Klinkhammer

23 Oliver Ekman-Larsson - 4 Zbynek Michalek
3 Keith Yandle (A) - 53 Derek Morris
5 Connor Murphy - 6 David Schlemko

41 Pizza Goalie
1 Vanilla Greiss

Sick call: F Martin Hanzal
Press box: D David Rundblad, D Michael Stone

AND WITHOUT FURTHER ADO, THE PATENTED ck26 TACTICAL ANALYSIS …

1. ICONIC REPUBLICAN POLITICIAN
Abraham Lincoln (Coles County) vs Barry Goldwater (Phoenix)
ADV CHI … 0-1
Abraham_Lincoln_November_1863.jpg

2. LIFE-ALTERING LOCAL DISASTER
Great Chicago Fire (1871) vs Meteor Impact (~50,000 BC)
ADV PHX … 1-1
Barringer_Crater_from_edge.jpg

3. TITAN OF AEROSPACE
Paul Tibbets (Hiroshima pilot, Quincy) vs Frank Borman (Apollo astronaut, Tucson)
ADV CHI … 1-2
Tibbets-wave.jpg

4. CRIMINAL ELEMENT
Al "Scarface" Capone vs Sammy "Jimmy Moran" Gravano
ADV CHI … 1-3
Al-Capone-9237536-2-402.jpg

5. POLITE, GOOD-NATURED LOCAL WHO WOULD ****ING DESTROY YOU IN A FIGHT
Matt Hughes (Hillsboro) vs Cain Velasquez (Yuma)
ADV PHX … 2-3
UFC-155-Junior-dos-Santos-vs-Cain-Velasquez-Full-Fight-Video.jpg

6. LOCAL WEATHER RIGHT NOW
10 degrees and snowy vs 63 degrees and mostly sunny
ADV PHX ... 3-3
arizona_t_shirt-ra8265476fd8b438c91d1f8dbb7aeed18_va6l9_324.jpg

7. GOING TO WIN TONIGHT'S GAME
Hocks vs Yotes
ADV PHX … 4-3
:coyotes

"I'm Steve Bartman, and I approve this GDT!"
steve-bartman-o.gif

Last edited:

Desert Ice 11

I'm here!
Aug 9, 2012
Tempe
Sammy "The Bull" Gravano. Guy was in the witness protection program here in AZ then started a ecstasy operation. Way to lay low.

Reactions: ck26

CC96

Serious Offender
Nov 6, 2012
Mesa, Arizona
Unfortunately I sold my tickets, because I'm too busy with school this weekend, but on the bright side, I made a hefty profit on the resale. Still wish I could go to the game though. Anyway, here's to hoping we can just win tomorrow.

0point1

Sep 14, 2011
Arizona
Good job ck26.

I'm not sure if I am going to make it to the game. In the last two days I drove 14 hours, I don't feel like driving another 1.5 hours each way. Plus I don't really want to deal with the most obnoxious fans in the league.

Phoenician

Jul 3, 2013
Phoenix
Good job ck26.

I'm not sure if I am going to make it to the game. In the last two days I drove 14 hours, I don't feel like driving another 1.5 hours each way. Plus I don't really want to deal with the most obnoxious fans in the league.

I sold mine as well, I take my daughter and every dang time the fans make this a non family friendly game. No Class. So sorry for my STH neighbors as I am sure I just added two more jerks to the mix in my seats. But thank you Hawks bums for paying 125 per seat for upper level :sarcasm:

Howler Scores

Mar 13, 2011
Maricopa County
Yeah I get it. I didn't want to go either. Its the we live here but feel like we need to prove our fan hood attitude that hits home. When I vist other stadiums, I guess I view the experience differently.

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
Sold out crowd plus Friday traffic will make me annoyed until that first beer.

I'll just say that I'm one of those season ticket holders who's just not going to bother for this game. It's one of very few situations where it's a Coyotes home game and I just don't want to be there.

Tempted to let my ticket just burn too considering if I sell it it'll probably go to a Hawks fan.

Howler Scores

Mar 13, 2011
Maricopa County
Yep there is no control over who buys the ticket. You sell early and someone will travel, to late and its a local fan of the visiting team...I give up.

CC96

Serious Offender
Nov 6, 2012
Mesa, Arizona
I sold mine as well, I take my daughter and every dang time the fans make this a non family friendly game. No Class. So sorry for my STH neighbors as I am sure I just added two more jerks to the mix in my seats. But thank you Hawks bums for paying 125 per seat for upper level :sarcasm:

Dang, I only listed them for $110 each and they sold in an hour. I probably should have listed them for at least $130, since my seats are in the first few rows of the upper bowl

Good thinking though, Phoenician.

Howler Scores

Mar 13, 2011
Maricopa County
I do have to say I will be there and although the last time Chicago was in town I threw a full beer away in disgust, I will look in disgust as they disrespect our national anthem.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Don't think Pirri will be playing.

Has been sent down to Rockford, while Peter Regin, newly aquired, will probably suit up.

Chicago supporters don't seem to popular in here :D Then again, they are not very popular anywhere :D

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
Chicago supporters don't seem to popular in here :D Then again, they are not very popular anywhere :D

I've met plenty primarily on HFBoards who are Hawks fans who generally actually live in Chicago or nearby, i.e. in Illinois. They're pretty much universally good people.

Coyotes' fans hatred of the Hawks is primarily based on a subgroup of Hawks fans who invade our arena and most of them are obnoxious jerks. As much as most of us realize that they're rather the minority of Hawks fans, they're the ones we have to deal with when Chicago comes to Phoenix, so I don't blame us Yotes fans for having a negative opinion of Chicago overall.

I still personally understand that this subgroup is the minority of Blackhawks fans but it's enough to make me want to not attend the game when they're in town against Phoenix. Especially considering I can sell my season seat for up to 5 times what I actually paid for it on a per-game basis.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad