GDT: #57 | Flyers at Blackhawks | February 21, 2024 | 7:30 PM | TNT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winston Wolf

May 15, 2003
Philadelphia
What the hell is Winston Churchill doing sitting next to Corn Boy?
Screenshot 2024-02-21 at 9.02.29 PM.png

Last edited:

Winston Wolf

May 15, 2003
Philadelphia
I saw the shirt but don't know WTF Corn Boy has to do with Jones. I saw one site just say it was his nickname but no origin listed.
And fair enough. Yes, his local and national broadcast experience had allowed him to build quite the network in the hockey world. But closer to home, Jones was just as recognized for the 21 years he spent as part of the group that orbited Angelo Cataldi in the morning on WIP, where he often played humorous, clowning roles like “Corn Boy,” a nod to his residence on a South Jersey farm. Sure, other former players (Cam Neely, John Davidson) had ascended from the TV booth to top management. But Jonesy? He never seemed like that guy.
Can Keith Jones Lead the Flyers Out of the Wilderness?

tictactoe

Jan 15, 2017
I am ok with Hathaway and not because he scored a goal today.. Hathaway is not a bad signing imo.

Reactions: renberg

tictactoe

Jan 15, 2017
Hathaway would be fine on a 4th line with Cates and Laughton.

Fast forwarded through the first two periods. Nice to see them not play down to this Chicago roster... there's still the Tortleshell to come, though.
Hathaway with Poehling and Cates, I am ok with it.. Laughton is traded(hopefully) and I see no use for Deslauriers and hopefully Atkinson somehow will disappear too.

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
Hathaway with Poehling and Cates, I am ok with it.. Laughton is traded(hopefully) and I see no use for Deslauriers and hopefully Atkinson somehow will disappear too.
Poehling with Cates and Hathaway is fine, too, assuming Laughton is traded.

Laughton, Cates, and Poehling on the same roster beyond this season is negligence from Flyers management.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad