Post-Game Talk: #56 | VGK at FLYERS | Mar. 8, 2022 | Hart's 47 saves is a career-best; ties Niittymaki's home record

Kelmitchell2

Aug 30, 2020
There's plenty of more losses coming. Also, they'll make the wrong pick anyway..so don't let it bother you.
You're absolutely right. Whoever picks after us will get an absolute stud. While we get a guy who never gets a fair shake or just flat out busts like patrick

Last edited:

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
You're absolutely right. Whoever picks after us will get an absolute stud. While we get a guy who never gets a fair shale or just flat out busts like patrick

Yep. Just look at our last two top 10 picks and some of the players that went within the next 5 picks. Same thing will happen this year regardless of where we pick in the top 10.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Team will play .600 hockey the rest of the way just to f*** up their draft position, calling it now.
Flyers are 12-8-3 against the west, so they're just off that pace. If only they were in that conference instead.

dats81

Jan 22, 2011
Carinthia, AUT
Play Hart a lot, move Sanheim to PP1, promote Frost + Allison + York + Zamula to find out what you have, or just don't tweak anything and keep the tank rolling.
Conflict of interest right now.

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
VGK fans are delusional.

Someone Said “get a real goalie instead of ‘2 goal Lehner’ in net”

like a career GAA of 2 wouldn’t make him the best goalie in NHL history
It's funny what a little bit of success will do to a fanbase. Those f***s went to the final in their first season, and in four years, they've won 7 postseason series.

Just for reference, the Flyers have won 3 playoff series over the last 11 seasons.

dragonoffrost

It'll be a cold day...
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2019
Hell
"As always there will be some suffering."

Never was there a more prophetic set of words typed....HF just didn't know it wasn't about the upgrade.

Reactions: Beef Invictus

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018
Well now...

I didn't really watch this game, but looking at the shooting heatmap (below) and xGF for Vegas (5.47), it would appear that Vegas had ample opportunity to score goals.

upload_2022-3-9_8-18-34.png

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
I didn't really watch this game, but looking at the shooting heatmap (below) and xGF for Vegas (5.47), it would appear that Vegas had ample opportunity to score goals.

View attachment 513979
To each their own. A second Vegas beat writer doubled down on those sentiments and emphasized the Knights' lack of scoring in other games and minimized Hart's play. The problem I see with that second opinion is he cited Calgary, Colorado and Boston as recent examples. This edition of the Flyers is not in the same sentence as the Flames, Avalanche or Bruins; however, that is likely seen through the eyes of those of us who watch said team and those of us who do not (that goes for both sets of eyes).

5 Reasons Why the Vegas Golden Knights Lost Against the Flyers

Carter Hart made 47 saves Tuesday night. That’s a lot of saves, but most of these shots were not challenging enough for the young goaltender. “I feel like we always do this as a team. We run into hot goalies. I don’t know what to do really but we need to switch that luck around. It’s not good enough for our group we can’t be losing and missing on points like that at this time of year,” said Golden Knights leading goal scorer Jonathan Marchessault.

Reactions: VladDrag

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018
To each their own. A second Vegas beat writer doubled down on those sentiments and emphasized the Knights' lack of scoring in other games and minimized Hart's play. The problem I see with that second opinion is he cited Colorado and Boston as recent examples. This edition of the Flyers is not in the same sentence as the Avalanche or Bruins; however, that is likely seen through the eyes of those of us who watch said team and those of us who do not (that goes for both sets of eyes).
I get it, he also has to set a narrative around his team.

One thing Hart doesn't seem to get credit for is how he's always in position to make saves. He's not super flashy because he doesn't need to be. I went back to watch some highlights of the saves and he's just so calm in those positions.

Bottom line tho, if that game is played 10 times, VGK win 7 times.....I think I'll let this guy know!

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
This franchise broke Provorov. People can be mad at Ivan all they want, but his mishandling has been something else to watch. Good luck to whoever the next coach is in terms of trying to fix him.

Sanheim wishes he could be mishandled into getting the best available defensive partner, and mishandled into getting a regular role on the power play even when his production falls off a cliff.

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
I get it, he also has to set a narrative around his team.

One thing Hart doesn't seem to get credit for is how he's always in position to make saves. He's not super flashy because he doesn't need to be. I went back to watch some highlights of the saves and he's just so calm in those positions.

Bottom line tho, if that game is played 10 times, VGK win 7 times.....I think I'll let this guy know!
We witnessed history last night: Most saves in a home game. That is much in part due to this franchise being #2 to Montreal for much of its inception in regular season percentage (yes, we know the lack of Cups but this is about a regular season record) and how there have been few opportunities for such a mark; however, it happened.. The Flyers have not provided much entertainment or success certainly this year (and extend that) and we have a young goalie who played with confidence coming out of the gate, struggled, but seems to have regained himself. To minimize the contribution of Hart this season in front of what can be described as spare parts is a shaky argument.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
Flyers won 2 games in a row, it’s going to snow.

Wait.. it’s actually going to snow tomorrow in northern Pennsylvania, NY state and other northeastern locations.

"now looking at the 5-day forecast for all regions of Hell, we see a cold front moving in from Philadelphia ..."

ponder719

Haute Couturier
Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Leave it to the flyers to hurt their draft pick when they've been eliminated from the playoffs. It's like when we could have had Seth Jones and ended up with morin......we all wanted seth Jones back then

Morin might genuinely have been the better pick in the long run, given what Jones is going to be making for his level of performance.

Sanheim wishes he could be mishandled into getting the best available defensive partner, and mishandled into getting a regular role on the power play even when his production falls off a cliff.

Edit: Braun being the best available defensive partner is mishandling of both Provorov and Sanheim, yes.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Leave it to the flyers to hurt their draft pick when they've been eliminated from the playoffs. It's like when we could have had Seth Jones and ended up with morin......we all wanted seth Jones back then

Seth Jones was picked at #4. If the 2013 Flyers had lost their last four games, they would have picked at #5.

Reactions: Kelmitchell2

Kelmitchell2

Aug 30, 2020
Morin might genuinely have been the better pick in the long run, given what Jones is going to be making for his level of performance.

Edit: Braun being the best available defensive partner is mishandling of both Provorov and Sanheim, yes.
But not at the time, which is what I was talking about, at that time, Seth Jones was hands down the best defensive prospect in the draft and it wasn't even close

ponder719

Haute Couturier
Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
My mistake, I thought we were picking at #4, anywhere elias lindholm over morin would have been dope

Wouldn't have been the pick. This is the draft they did the Flight Plan video for, and it looks like we figured out the Flyers' draft board. The team's top 3 were MacKinnon, Jones, and Drouin, all of whom were off the board by 5, but their 4 was Nichushkin.

(Lindholm was #10; 5-9 were Barkov, Monahan, Nurse, Morin, and Mueller, in that order, if we were able to translate the blurred names correctly.)

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad