Post-Game Talk: #56 | VGK at FLYERS | Mar. 8, 2022 | Hart's 47 saves is a career-best; ties Niittymaki's home record

iceman42

May 7, 2003
Enfield, NH
Play Hart a lot, move Sanheim to PP1, promote Frost + Allison + York + Zamula to find out what you have, or just don't tweak anything and keep the tank rolling.
Conflict of interest right now.
I hope I am right but I doubt it. I think they are keeping everyone down in LV so that they can showcase the vets and move some of them out at the trade deadline.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I hope I am right but I doubt it. I think they are keeping everyone down in LV so that they can showcase the vets and move some of them out at the trade deadline.

Of course. You're not getting assets for Brassard unless he plays 15 minutes a night for the next 3 or 4 games so teams know he's not damaged goods.
In fact, a short win streak fueled by trade bait is the best way to optimize the return.

Reactions: Fotiu29

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
It's funny what a little bit of success will do to a fanbase. Those f***s went to the final in their first season, and in four years, they've won 7 postseason series.

Just for reference, the Flyers have won 3 playoff series over the last 11 seasons.
Vegas is low key one of my most hated teams for this reason. Their fans were gifted success and are completely out of touch with that fact. Would love to see them suck for a decade

Kelmitchell2

Aug 30, 2020
Wouldn't have been the pick. This is the draft they did the Flight Plan video for, and it looks like we figured out the Flyers' draft board. The team's top 3 were MacKinnon, Jones, and Drouin, all of whom were off the board by 5, but their 4 was Nichushkin.

(Lindholm was #10; 5-9 were Barkov, Monahan, Nurse, Morin, and Mueller, in that order, if we were able to translate the blurred names correctly.)
You're still missing the point. They won pointless games and missed out on a better player, that's the point being made, according to the list nurse would have been great, Monahan would have also been better than morin

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

Ironmanrulez

#nEvErrEbUiLd #nEvErpLaYyOuTh #nEverpLaYsKiLL
Jul 1, 2010
Cologne, Germany
I get it, he also has to set a narrative around his team.

One thing Hart doesn't seem to get credit for is how he's always in position to make saves. He's not super flashy because he doesn't need to be. I went back to watch some highlights of the saves and he's just so calm in those positions.

Bottom line tho, if that game is played 10 times, VGK win 7 times.....I think I'll let this guy know!
The sad part about this is. Its the exact style of play the flyers staff wants to win. They dont want to play a offensive game. They want to give the game to the opponent but only give them shots from the outside so Carter can have more games like this. They hope for 2 goals in the offensive side and win the game 2:0 or 2:1.... i cant accept this approach! I dont care if we loose but play good hockey. But i hate when we win cause our style of hockey is god awful!

Reactions: gertbfrobe16

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
The sad part about this is. Its the exact style of play the flyers staff wants to win. They dont want to play a offensive game. They want to give the game to the opponent but only give them shots from the outside so Carter can have more games like this. They hope for 2 goals in the offensive side and win the game 2:0 or 2:1.... i cant accept this approach! I dont care if we loose but play good hockey. But i hate when we win cause our style of hockey is god awful!

It's the style of play of all talent deficient teams, because there is no way the Flyers can skate with a team like Vegas for 60 minutes with their depleted roster.
Hayes looks much better, but he's still a couple weeks from working his way into game shape.
Brassard has stayed on the ice but is still rusty.
They're still rolling an AHL 4th line, Braun shouldn't be in the top 4 on defense, an AHL 3rd pair on defense.

They can keep up with teams like the Blackhawks, but not the elite teams.

Ironmanrulez

Jul 1, 2010
Cologne, Germany
It's the style of play of all talent deficient teams, because there is no way the Flyers can skate with a team like Vegas for 60 minutes with their depleted roster.
Hayes looks much better, but he's still a couple weeks from working his way into game shape.
Brassard has stayed on the ice but is still rusty.
They're still rolling an AHL 4th line, Braun shouldn't be in the top 4 on defense, an AHL 3rd pair on defense.

They can keep up with teams like the Blackhawks, but not the elite teams.
Stop with all the same postings about who is injured and so on. We arent brainless. You dont need to educate us the simple things. You should try to understand the complex things. The flyers wanted to play that style with a full healthy roster! They were outshot for nearly 2 years under av! They were outworked and outshot in the 10 games in the beginning of the season you remember? You and a few others was praising the team and AV! Cause they were winning. But alot of this Forum called out the style of play. I MEMBA

mr4tno

Oct 13, 2017
Of course. You're not getting assets for Brassard unless he plays 15 minutes a night for the next 3 or 4 games so teams know he's not damaged goods.
In fact, a short win streak fueled by trade bait is the best way to optimize the return.
A win streak would be very bad for us given how our management thinks......

Flyers Mgt - "we need to sell this car but it has too many miles on it"
Fans - "Why don't you just roll back the odometer?"
FM = "OK"

2 weeks later FM still has the car....
Fans - "Why didn't you sell the car?"
FM - "Why should we it only has 100 miles on it"

A win streak will make them forget how truly awful they are. It will also give Fletcher fodder for proving his plan will work

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
A win streak would be very bad for us given how our management thinks......

Flyers Mgt - "we need to sell this car but it has too many miles on it"
Fans - "Why don't you just roll back the odometer?"
FM = "OK"

2 weeks later FM still has the car....
Fans - "Why didn't you sell the car?"
FM - "Why should we it only has 100 miles on it"

A win streak will make them forget how truly awful they are. It will also give Fletcher fodder for proving his plan will work

A win streak won't be very long, since they'll decimate the roster by the TDL.

Flyerfan4life

Jun 9, 2010
Richmond BC, Canada

safe is death....

BobbyClarkeFan16

Nov 29, 2005
Goderich, Ontario
Sanheim wishes he could be mishandled into getting the best available defensive partner, and mishandled into getting a regular role on the power play even when his production falls off a cliff.
That's the problem - because Provorov was gifted everything, he never had to work and nobody ever bothered coaching him. We're seeing what years of neglect and being allowed to do whatever because of draft positioning can cause.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I don’t think it’s really a lack of trying for Provorov. He’s just not nearly as good as people think/thought he is/was. The team being considerably worse than ever took the mask off finally for Provorov. There’s no one really to cover for his flaws that always been there.

He’s benefited in status & in the wallet because the team misevaluated him for years now while the team at best wasn’t better for it. The Flyers hurt themselves more than they hurt Provorov by giving him everything essentially right off the bat.

It’s not like an Andrew MacDonald situation where everybody in the world even the player himself knows they’re in over their skies. Provorov’s comments over the time seem to suggest he thinks that he’s one of the best at his position.

Last edited:

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Provorovs problem is a lack of IQ and puck skills. He acts too slow and freezes up, especially in the offensive zone.

He’s just nowhere near as good as his unearned rep and he’s being force fed the best of everything, so it sticks out.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
You're still missing the point. They won pointless games and missed out on a better player, that's the point being made, according to the list nurse would have been great, Monahan would have also been better than morin
But what people forget, is that players don't tank. They don't play, and only go 50% for example.

For lots of guys, they are playing for contracts in the offseason or for playing time the following year. And it's not like Bball where you can just "sit" 1-2 guys and your chance of winning drops dramatically.

Crap teams win all the time.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Yup. Arizona are as stripped down as a team can realistically get, and they still win a decent chunk of games.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Plus, we've seen teams that tank, and develop a loser's culture (Buffalo) which poisons young talent and they stay bad forever.

It's a fine balance, ideally you want a season like the Flyers this year, where multiple injuries (and AV) sink your year but it's not due to a bunch of underachievers.

Which is why I'm happy with Yeo, he's got them playing better, but when a third of your roster is AHL caliber and you lack a first line or first D-pair, all the effort in the world won't keep you from losing the majority of games.

When they move out G, Brassard, Braun and Risto, they're going to lose most of their games down the stretch, plug in a lot of young kids at one time who barely know the scheme, and lack experience, and bad things usually happen.

Ironmanrulez

Jul 1, 2010
Cologne, Germany
Plus, we've seen teams that tank, and develop a loser's culture (Buffalo) which poisons young talent and they stay bad forever.

It's a fine balance, ideally you want a season like the Flyers this year, where multiple injuries (and AV) sink your year but it's not due to a bunch of underachievers.

Which is why I'm happy with Yeo, he's got them playing better, but when a third of your roster is AHL caliber and you lack a first line or first D-pair, all the effort in the world won't keep you from losing the majority of games.

When they move out G, Brassard, Braun and Risto, they're going to lose most of their games down the stretch, plug in a lot of young kids at one time who barely know the scheme, and lack experience, and bad things usually happen.
this looser culture thing is stupid! Buffalo is doing a shit job drafting and signing bad players! That is all that is wrong with Buffalo! Pittsburgh, Washington et al tanked their way to worldwide pride franchises!!! STop with this bullshit!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad