This is unacceptable.. Coaching needs to get the. Ready

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240221-232325.png
    Screenshot_20240221-232325.png
    203.7 KB · Views: 2

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Terry is a star. He’s having a fantastic season overall. Him and McTavish should be playing together every shift the rest of the season. Let the chemistry build

The bones are there for this team to have 2 1st line caliber lines by mid-next season

Fowler and Gibson just don’t fit here anymore and I’m not sure they want to play here. We’re going to have to bite the bullet and buyout Gibson after next season

Last edited:

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012

Holy crow Cam, I don't think I've seen the rating go that far into the negative before definitely never seen it that low in so many categories

finished game, glad I didn’t stay up.

Fowler and Gibson need to go… anyone still pretending they are worth their contracts or even worth having around the team are out to lunch.

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
Terry is a star. He’s having a fantastic season overall. Him and McTavish should be playing together every shift the rest of the season. Let the chemistry build

The bones are there for this team to have 2 1st line caliber lines by mid-next season

Fowler and Gibson just don’t fit here anymore and I’m not sure they want to play here. We’re going to have to bite the bullet and buyout Gibson after next season
You're kind of reaching KEEROLE levels with Terry at this point. An especially stand-out post given that Terry and his line were absolutely horrendous defensively in the 1st and only managed to wind up even on the night by having an epic 2nd. Terry is absolutely not having a fantastic season, we have to have higher standards than this.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
You're kind of reaching KEEROLE levels with Terry at this point. An especially stand-out post given that Terry and his line were absolutely horrendous defensively in the 1st and only managed to wind up even on the night by having an epic 2nd. Terry is absolutely not having a fantastic season, we have to have higher standards than this.
Disagree but that’s fair. He’s our best player and you can only do so much on a dogshit team like this. He’s not a guy who can carry a team

He’s leading us in damn near every metric except goals(Vatrano)

Let me be happy about one of the very few bright spots

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
Disagree but that’s fair. He’s our best player and you can only do so much on a dogshit team like this. He’s not a guy who can carry a team

Fair enough, I can't argue with that. And he is our best player, no question. I think we just disagree on what that means on a team this terrible.

Speaking of that, I know they won a couple games on the trip but this is the worst they've played all year, hands down. I wonder if they've reached their limit on playing this shitty season and also realizing that they still have a third of a season to play.

Reactions: AngelDuck

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012

He def looks better than he did at the start of the season(he produced alright but his on ice play was def frustrating to watch) …. And playing closer to the lvl we all expected from him.

Hoping we get to see a full healthy forward group at some point in the season

Reactions: dracom

JAHV

Sponsor
Oct 3, 2023
Anaheim, CA
Fair enough, I can't argue with that. And he is our best player, no question. I think we just disagree on what that means on a team this terrible.

Speaking of that, I know they won a couple games on the trip but this is the worst they've played all year, hands down. I wonder if they've reached their limit on playing this shitty season and also realizing that they still have a third of a season to play.
I agree that the last five games have been some awful play, compounded by the fact that the team is mostly healthy (Zegras is the only major contributor who's out).

This reminds me of that stretch in 21-22 where they won 3 out of 4 on the road in January but got doubled up on shots every night (including against Ottawa and Montreal). Sure, they beat Boston, which was impressive, but some fans were insisting it was sustainable and that they were playing good hockey because...wins. They proceeded to go 8-21-5 the rest of the season.

They look bad right now - losing puck battles, turning the puck over in terrible spots, playing with low energy in the defensive zone. I admit that I enjoyed the last 10 minutes of the second period, but once Columbus got that second goal in the third, I fast forwarded the rest of the game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad