Staal-Drysdale
Seeler-Walker
Zamula

Ersson
Petersen

Injuries:

Ristolainen
Foerster (DTD)
Ellis (/seems not unfitting to a thoughtful man;/for he of fostering Rome and of her sway/in the Empyrean Heaven was chosen as sire)

MAPLE LEAFS LINEUP
Knies-Matthews-Nylander
Bertuzzi-Domi-Robertson
McMann-Kampf-Gregor
Steeves-Holmberg-Reaves

Brodie-Liljegren
Benoit-McCabe
Lagesson-Giordano

Samsonov
Hildeby

Injuries:

Jarnkrok (Out)
Rielly (Out)
Marner (DTD)
Tavares (DTD)
Jones (DTD)
Murray (IR)
Klingberg (IR)
Woll (IR)

GDT SONG

STATS

5v5, On-Ice, Rates, Score & Venue Adjusted (Season)
1707953695072.png

1707953721176.png

Last 10ish Games
1707953777103.png

1707953793922.png

Goalies
1707953841985.png
1707952986549.png
1707953695072.png
1707953721176.png
1707953777103.png
1707952986549.png
1707953695072.png
1707953721176.png
1707953777103.png
1707953793922.png
1707953841985.png

Last edited:

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
My fav regular season Flyers Leafs game has to be Flyers in Toronto in spring 2010. I think they won 2-0, but Boucher dove for the puck with his stick when it was 1-0 with a few min to go. Incredible.
Good stuff!

This will always remain my favorite underlying game of the 1970s. It was the ballsiest effort as I recall even more so than the win against the Soviets. A summary I did back when and fortunately the game exists on YouTube though there is a lengthy interruption in the broadcast as well.

It was one of the most dramatic recoveries in NHL playoffs history. And this can't be understood properly unless people experienced the time period. This was more than a hockey rivalry at the time. This was societal, almost as much as sports. The Flyers came off three straight Cup Finals. In 1976, members of the Flyers appeared in courts in Toronto due to on-ice violence. This Game 4 of 1977 was as much us-against-them as any game of this era. The Toronto-Philadelphia rivalry was immense. The Flyers lost the first two games of this 1977 series against Toronto, both games in Philadelphia. The scene in Toronto was beyond belief. Going to Toronto down 2-0 in games. The entire hockey world or so it seemed had the Flyers dead.

"The Leafs have bloomed, the Flyers are doomed" was an image shown on TV from inside the arena prior to Game 3 when Rick MacLeish's OT game winner in Toronto. A little light shined. But then Game 4, one of the most remarkable events in NHL history and I will stick to that. Lanny MacDonald scored four goals, three on PPs for Toronto.

Bruce Hood, as infamous as any ref in Flyers' history, issued 63 PIMs to the Flyers to 12 for Toronto. Plus, three Flyers' players were ejected. Three game misconducts including two members of the Flyers second line at the same time after they flipped out on Hood with over half the third period expired.

To set the scene: The Leafs led by three goals with a little over five minutes to play and going up 3-1 in the series. A crazed Maple Leafs Garden. And yet another powerplay. Then a SHG by the Flyers re-booted their drive, 5-3. Then 5-4 with less than two minutes to play. Then Bobby Clarke scored with about a minute left in regulation. This was also one of the most inspiring games of Clarke's captaincy. Then the victory culminated with Reggie Leach's slapper in the final minute of OT. In case people don't know what a Reggie Leach slapper meant:

Last edited:

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
IMG_7361.gif

Good stuff!

This will always remain my favorite underlying game of the 1970s. It was the ballsiest effort as I recall even more so than the win against the Soviets. A summary I did back when and fortunately the game exists on YouTube though there is a lengthy interruption in the broadcast as well.

It was one of the most dramatic recoveries in NHL playoffs history. And this can't be understood properly unless people experienced the time period. This was more than a hockey rivalry at the time. This was societal, almost as much as sports. The Flyers came off three straight Cup Finals. In 1976, members of the Flyers appeared in courts in Toronto due to on-ice violence. This Game 4 of 1977 was as much us-against-them as any game of this era. The Toronto-Philadelphia rivalry was immense. The Flyers lost the first two games of this 1977 series against Toronto, both games in Philadelphia. The scene in Toronto was beyond belief. Going to Toronto down 2-0 in games. The entire hockey world or so it seemed had the Flyers dead.

"The Leafs have bloomed, the Flyers are doomed" was an image shown on TV from inside the arena prior to Game 3 when Rick MacLeish's OT game winner in Toronto. A little light shined. But then Game 4, one of the most remarkable events in NHL history and I will stick to that. Lanny MacDonald scored four goals, three on PPs for Toronto.

Bruce Hood, as infamous as any ref in Flyers' history, issued 63 PIMs to the Flyers to 12 for Toronto. Plus, three Flyers' players were ejected. Three game misconducts including two members of the Flyers second line at the same time after they flipped out on Hood with over half the third period expired.

To set the scene: The Leafs led by three goals with a little over five minutes to play and going up 3-1 in the series. A crazed Maple Leafs Garden. And yet another powerplay. Then a SHG by the Flyers re-booted their drive, 5-3. Then 5-4 with less than two minutes to play. Then Bobby Clarke scored with about a minute left in regulation. This was also one of the most inspiring games of Clarke's captaincy. Then the victory culminated with Reggie Leach's slapper in the final minute of OT. In case people don't know what a Reggie Leach slapper meant:

One of the greatest games in Flyers history

usahockey22flyers

2 years away from being 2 years away
Nov 9, 2009
Philly
Good stuff!

Gonna watch this. Thanks MSE

Bruckuss

FML & FCF
Apr 1, 2012
Not Toronto
That was quite the game lol

Will be in attendance with my GF for this one, excellent seats she has surprised me with :) Will be rocking the vintage Leclair jersey, she will have the wrong colour on lol

Was hoping to see Foerster in, but i've been liking the teams effort lately and hope to be entertained either way. Sam better get the nod otherwise.

marcsson68

Jan 23, 2018
Good stuff!

That chop with the goaltender‘s stick was vicious. And no helmet to reduce the impact. Would mean a long suspension nowadays. Back then: Not even a penalty. Not everything was better in 1977…

Reactions: BernieParent
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad