GDT: #55 - 02/16/15 | New York Rangers @ New York Islanders | 7:00 - MSG (Mod Post #5)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loff

Lafdaddy
Dec 7, 2007
Soft euro

bannergdt.png

[FIELDSET="THE MATCHUP"]
2014/2015 REGULAR SEASON
GAME #55 - 02/16/2015

vs
NYR: 33-16-5__________NYI: 37-18-1

TIME | 7:00 PM ET VENUE | NASSAU COLISEUM - UNIONDALE, NY TV | MSG, NHL-N, TVA, SN, MSG PLUS

[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="ONLINE STREAMS/RADIO"]
ONLINE STREAMS: FRS - StreamHunter - MyP2P - STREAMO - Charlie460HQ | RADIO FEED: CLICK HERE

[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="NEWS & NOTES"]

GAME LINKS:

Game Preview - Last Matchup; NYR@NYI 1/27/15 - NHL.com - RANGERS.com - ISLANDERS.com
NY Post - NYDN - Andrew Gross - MSG.com - Yahoo Sports - ESPN - CBC - SNET - TSN

AROUND THE LEAGUE:

aroundtheleague.png

FEBRUARY SCHEDULE:

februaryschedule.png

[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="QUOTES TO NOTE"]

There are no doubts in my mind that Cam can handle it. In the two years he’s been with us, he’s done the job just about every time.
He’s been put into a tough situation but he’s reacted the way I expected. He’s really impressed me.
We need to give him a lot more help than we have the last couple of games where we’ve been giving up way too many good scoring chances.
- Rick Nash

We just weren’t executing out there at the start of the game.
We came in here in the second intermission and coach told us we need to play a better 20-minute hockey game.
We started playing as five-man units.
- Kevin Hayes

Cam made some big saves at the right time and permitted us to come out in the third, find some energy and make big plays.
We were able to push away in the game. Talbot has been waiting for an opportunity to prove he can play on a consistent level.
It’s unfortunate Hank went down but it gives him the opportunity to get more ice time, more games in and he’s doing what he’s supposed to do and that’s give us a chance.
- Alain Vigneault

[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="NEW YORK ISLANDERS"]

TEAM STATS / STANDINGS:

GP | 56 | GF | 179
W | 37 | GA | 156
L | 18 | GF/G | 3.07
OTL | 1 | GA/G | 2.77
Pts | 75 | PIM/G | 9.0
HOME | 20-6-0 | PP% | 19.1
AWAY | 17-12-1 | PK% | 73.6
L10 | 6-4-0 | FO% | 49.1
STREAK | W4 | S/O | 7-1

Division | 1st
Conference | 3rd
League | 6th

TEAM LEADERS:

Goals | John Tavares | 26 Assists | Kyle Okposo | 30 Points | John Tavares | 55 + / - | Ryan Strome | +14 Shots | John Tavares | 185 Hits | Matt Martin | 275 Blocks | Calvin de Haan | 95 PIM | Matt Martin | 82 FO% | John Tavares | 52.6 TOI/G F: | John Tavares | 20:18 TOI/G D: | Johnny Boychuk | 21:42

PROJECTED LINES:

LW | C | RW
Anders Lee | John Tavares (C) | Josh Bailey
Mikhail Grabovski | Frans Nielsen (A) | Ryan Strome
Nikolay Kulemin | Brock Nelson | Cal Clutterbuck (A)
Matt Martin | Casey Cizikas | Colin McDonald

LD | RD
Nick Leddy | Johnny Boychuk
Brian Strait | Travis Hamonic
Thomas Hickey | Lubomir Visnovsky

Scratched
Matt Donovan|

STARTING GOALIE:

Halak-Jaroslav.jpg

Jaro Halak

GPI: 42 | W: 31 | L: 11 | OT: 0 | PIM: 2
SV% .912 | GAA: 2.40 | SA: 1151 | GA: 101 | SO: 4

INJURIES / SUSPENSIONS / MISC:

Calvin de Haan | Undisclosed (DTD)
Michael Grabner | Undisclosed (IR)
Eric Boulton | Lower body (IR)
Kyle Okposo | Eye (IR)

[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="NEW YORK RANGERS"]

TEAM STATS / STANDINGS:

GP | 54 | GF | 168
W | 33 | GA | 131
L | 16 | GF/G | 3.07
OTL | 5 | GA/G | 2.35
Pts | 71 | PIM/G | 9.0
HOME | 17-7-4 | PP% | 20.0
AWAY | 16-9-1 | PK% | 82.6
L10 | 6-3-1 | FO% | 46.4
STREAK | W3 | S/O | 2-4

Division | 3rd
Conference | 6th
League | 10th

TEAM LEADERS:

Goals | Rick Nash | 35 Assists | Derick Brassard | 30 Points | Rick Nash | 55 + / - | Rick Nash | +25 Shots | Rick Nash | 204 Hits | Dan Girardi | 151 Blocks | Dan Girardi | 115 PIM | Chris Kreider | 79 FO% | Dominic Moore | 54.5 TOI/G F: | Derek Stepan | 18:10 TOI/G D: | Dan Girardi | 23:06

PROJECTED LINES:

LW | C | RW
Rick Nash | Derick Brassard | Mats Zuccarello
Chris Kreider | Derek Stepan (A) | Martin St. Louis (A)
Carl Hagelin | Kevin Hayes | J.T. Miller
Tanner Glass | Dominic Moore | Lee Stempniak

LD | RD
Ryan McDonagh (C) | Dan Girardi (A)
Marc Staal (A) | Kevin Klein
Matt Hunwick | John Moore

Scratched
|

STARTING GOALIE:

TalbotCam.png

Cam Talbot

GPI: 17 | W: 8 | L: 5 | OT: 2 | PIM: 0
SV% .918 | GAA: 2.35 | SA: 450 | GA: 37 | SO: 3

INJURIES / SUSPENSIONS / MISC:

Dan Boyle | Flu (DTD)
Jesper Fast | Knee (IR)
Henrik Lundqvist | Upper body (IR)

[/FIELDSET]

bannerboysgdt.png

Last edited:

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Hopefully we can snag a win here. HF might be unbearable if we lose. With that being said...

If trolls start to show up P L E A S E do not respond. Just report them and they will be dealt with accordingly. On the flip side... do not head over to the Islanders board or the main board GDT to troll.

anofsti

May 14, 2011
Already crossing this off as a loss. Islanders are kryptonite for this team

BarbaraAlphanse

Their 4th line is going to abuse ours. We haven't fixed our problems against them.

The Bruins and Red Wings laid out the blue print on how exactly to beat this team right after our last loss to them.

Clog the neutral zone, force them to the sides, force them to dump the puck.

AV doesn't change his game plan. We could wipe the floor w/ this team if we adjusted to beat them. Capuano spent all summer scouting every rival in the metro that he could. What are they, 16-2 against the Metro?

Rangers need to play simple hockey against this team. There are two teams that pull their players back and play counter attack vs. the Rangers. The lightning and the islanders. Islanders are fast enough to pull several guys back and bank on creating their offense from our turn overs.

Limit the mistakes and play with energy and this game should be much much more interesting than the past 3.

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
Gotta just laugh at how much **** Isles fans are talking this year. My office is ridiculous.

Congrats you aren't fighting for a lottery pick again. And don't get me wrong they are a damn good team. But the amount of over-confidence is impressive.

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
How in the holy hell does Glass stay in the line up after his clown act on this road trip is beyond me. I'd like to think it's because fast just happens to be injured but who am i kidding? Fast would probably sit for him :laugh:.....:cry:

Hoping boyle is back and the flu doesn't continue going around in the locker room.

Swept In Seven

Disciple of The Zook
Apr 27, 2010
4 point swing game, very important the Rangers snag a W and get a bit of separation from Washington.

Placid

Feb 17, 2010
How in the holy hell does Glass stay in the line up after his clown act on this road trip is beyond me. I'd like to think it's because fast just happens to be injured but who am i kidding? Fast would probably sit for him :laugh:.....:cry:
Whatever it is that he has on AV must be pretty powerful stuff :laugh:

BarbaraAlphanse

Gotta just laugh at how much **** Isles fans are talking this year. My office is ridiculous.

Congrats you aren't fighting for a lottery pick again. And don't get me wrong they are a damn good team. But the amount of over-confidence is impressive.

I'm lucky to work with all of 0 Islander fans at work. Hear chirping from high school friends, though.

I thought this team would taper by now. Guaranteed to have my phone blow up with "Thought we were going to revert to the mean, jackass" if the Rangers lose. :(

OverTheCap

Jan 3, 2009
Tonight would be a good time as any to put forth a 60-minute effort against this team. If they match the Islanders' intensity, they'll be in good shape. If they only show up for 1-2 periods like they have been, it will be more of the same.

5 4 Fighting

Registered snoozer
Feb 13, 2013
Bk all day
If MSL pulls his disappearing act, I want him demoted to the bottom 6 permanently. he is supposed to be our catalyst when Nash isn't going and he's played like crap. Let's win here.

McDonagh

Slow it down 30GHz
Mar 8, 2009
If MSL pulls his disappearing act, I want him demoted to the bottom 6 permanently. he is supposed to be our catalyst when Nash isn't going and he's played like crap. Let's win here.

Maybe he's waiting for Nash to not be going

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad